British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ivanhoward

Heats Formula

I find all this quite amazing......

We but a month away from the start of the season, and still no-one knows the program format........

This could only happen in British Speedway...

'Mushroom Management' - keep the fans in the dark, and feed them rubbish : )

Sorry to go against recent posts but can somebody please tell me what 'fans' would do with this (heat formula) information today, if they had it available?!

• Like 3

Sorry to go against recent posts but can somebody please tell me what 'fans' would do with this (heat formula) information today, if they had it available?!

Last years heat format changes had a predictable and dramatic effect on riders averages. Would be nice to know if that might happen again this season.

Not vital no, but keeping fans informed helps to promote interest in a sport.

Goodness - why indeed do fans need to know things like who's in the teams and where they're going to ride until the last minute? In fact, why do they need to know anything about the sport at all - hardly something that's essential to life...

• Like 2

Think the format is vital to be known before any signings as a team needs to be balanced with the format to get the best results.

Fans maybe don't need to know but teams should know from day one so if they did know from November it would be no need to keep it quiet to the paying public

• Like 1

I find all this quite amazing......

We but a month away from the start of the season, and still no-one knows the program format........

This could only happen in British Speedway...

The Referees and Promoters do. ;)

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I would expect it to be put in the public domain after it has been ratified at the SCB Seminar 21/22 February.

ATB

Dave

• Like 1

Moan? ;)

• Like 3

Hmm, let's have a think about this. Isn't it at about this time of year the BSPA have its training days/seminars with licensed SCB officials ? And doesn't it make sense to keep the officials informed first ? As I recall it was almost exactly this time of year that I Heard from a start Marshall roughly what the (then) new heat format would be and he had only just been told himself, so I guess they would be doing pretty much the same thing this year.

Amazing how it's always the same members that jump in feet first with their moans without trying to think it through first.

• Like 1

The new official BEL heats format for 2015 is now available and is as follows:-

12 v 12

67 v 67

35 v 35

47 v 47

26 v 26

34 v 15

15 v 34

47 v 26

26 v 47

35 v 12

12 v 35

67 v 67

15 v 15

34 v 34

So still reserves not meeting 1+ 5 unless replacing 2/3/4. Crap again let them race these riders, old format.

Fast track protection is not going to test these riders progression, they will face harder rides in the Premier Lge. Disappointing imo.. :nono:

• Like 4

It does seem having a quick look at the meeting rules they are eligible for heat 15 as a top scorer from 4 programmed rides. Stand to be corrected.

Would still prefer to have old format where they meet everyone.

Fast track protection is not going to test these riders progression, they will face harder rides in the Premier Lge. Disappointing imo.. :nono:

with stronger reserves and 2nd strings this season I yhink the level is about right. They will meet the likes of cook pk barker bridger etc.no easy rides for the m