British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cambpanther

Premier League 2015 Predictions

As your user name suggests , a certain rider sharing that user name is not going to be top of any Glasgow fans favourite list , even if one of our favourite sons was a Long Eaton rider at the time .

Speedway is not run on paper , we know that , that has been proved on numerous occasions . But as things stand we don't look like being in our usual place down in the lower reaches of the table . We are looking forward to the season for a change

After reading that the new owners at Glasgow want the club to be the Manchester City of speedway, I wonder whether this could be the last season for Glasgow in the Premier League.

After reading that the new owners at Glasgow want the club to be the Manchester City of speedway, I wonder whether this could be the last season for Glasgow in the Premier League.

Maybe we should rename Ashfield , call it the Ethishale Arena
  • Like 2

How about the Facenna raceway, sporting the Paulco pits, baba bar,lioness lights , tyretrax terracing, and George.m. starting Gate.

Sponsors would be falling over themselves

• Like 4

How about the Facenna raceway, sporting the Paulco pits, baba bar,lioness lights , tyretrax terracing, and George.m. starting Gate.

Sponsors would be falling over themselves

Absolutely

While I would like to see Elite Speedway up north, I cant see the predominately more southern EL clubs sanctioning it. Mind you, with the their league shrinking, I suppose anything is possible.

Maybe we should rename Ashfield , call it the Ethishale Arena

Surely it would be the Etished?

• Like 1

Of what I have seen so far, and in no particular order I would say the following look pretty good;

Glasgow, if the Summers signing comes off then a very strong top 4, with some promising youngsters if Berge and Sarjeant can convert some of that promise into points.

Peterborough, look solid throughout, the main key is if they can get Adam Roynon back to form and staying fit.

Edinburgh, you can never ever rule out although if I am honest for once would like to see them struggle as you get a bit fed up with them winning all of the time.

Sheffield my own team look to be dark horses, and will add to Ipswich and Workington to that category.

At present don't fancy either Scunthorpe, Redcar, Rye House and Somerset.

And unable to comment about Berwick, Newcastle and Plymouth until their sides are completed.

Is it not other teams jobs to beat Edinburgh? I'd like to see them struggle....it comes across as a bit petty to be honest.

If I'm honest I think we will be in the mix as always this year but Peterborough, Glasgow and possibly Workington could all do well.

Is it not other teams jobs to beat Edinburgh? I'd like to see them struggle....it comes across as a bit petty to be honest.

If I'm honest I think we will be in the mix as always this year but Peterborough, Glasgow and possibly Workington could all do well.

Probably comes that way but if I am honest it was a more of a backhanded compliment.

Rings a bell: "NEW owner Rick Frost has promised Panthers fans that great times lie ahead." (29/8/2008) - we got years of Kenneth Bjerre, no success, the winter of discontent, a messy end with the introduction of supremo Horton and tenuously more of the same for the foreseeable future!

Any talk of EL racing north of the border is " pie in the sky " stuff . We dropped out of top flight racing at the end of the 1973 season , and apart from the one big league in 95 , we have remained a 2nd tier club ever since . I don't see that changing any time soon .

But you never can tell , with the EL dropping in both standards and numbers , who knows what shape British speedway will take during the rest of this decade .

• Like 3

i cant see why any team would want to leave the prem to join the elite league unless its for logistical reasons less travel and more local derbys

who wants to see the same 2 teams racing every other week and lets face it the elite is not what it was 10 years ago

sweedish elite league reserves are pushing for british no 1 places

I do like us being underdogs and written off before a wheel is turned-it usually means a good season for the Scorpions!!! :wink:

usually means you will fiddle a change after a few months :)

Still a few weeks of this crap before the serious stuff starts. So tedious

Still a few weeks of this crap before the serious stuff starts. So tedious

Your beginning to sound like a grumpy Northerner, you will be wearing a flat cap and walking whippets next.

• Like 1