British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

Good to see no-one has blamed Gary May or Matt Ford for this yet!!!

but it is their fault along with the rest of the bspa.

I admit they probably are and my status was probably a flippant one, but there are also other sports like Rugby League that do seem to have a high southern hemisphere contingent that people, that are participating in sport in our country.....

yes but their governing bodies have probably done everything correct amd not flouted the system
  • Like 1

yes but their governing bodies have probably done everything correct amd not flouted the system

So I assume British speedway is to blame then??????

So I assume British speedway is to blame then??????

yes it appears that the bspa is to blame

I wonder what will happen when we leave the European Union???

You and others have advocated leaving the EU so 'our borders can be controlled' and that we only have to 'take immigrants that are useful'. What we're seeing now are the realities of border bureaucracy when the authorities are told to clamp down on immigration.

Speedway is far too insignificant to really expect any special dispensation in this respect, and indeed I'm sure plenty over on General Discussions would argue that we should be giving preferential employment to our own young people

Quite ironic int it that the majority of the non-eu countries speak english as their first language yet we let in people from the EU that can't speak English!

You don't need to speak English to ride a speedway bike, although I'm really sure there's that many immigrants from the EU who don't speak some English. In addition, the ethnic origin of Australians is majority non-British nowadays.

• Like 3

Looks like it's time that the Parliamentary Group are involved, rather than only enjoying canapes on the Westminster terrace.

hard to see what they can do 'if' the bspa have been knowingly flouting the employment laws over the past few years...

looks like the 'aaaah, but this is speedway' catch all excuse for any farce that occurs, doesnt cut any ice with government agencies trying to uphold the law of the land!

maybe we should ask them to review the guest rider rule!!!

given british speedway's slavish following of averages wouldnt it be ironic if grading these riders in such a haphazard way over the years has delivered this scenario?

maybe that is why other sports highly reliant on non europeans such as both rugby codes, ice hockey and basketball have not been challenged ie they dont grade them against british competitors performance levels..?

chickens coming home time for the sport...

(for the umpteenth time)

• Like 3

You and others have advocated leaving the EU so 'our borders can be controlled' and that we only have to 'take immigrants that are useful'. What we're seeing now are the realities of border bureaucracy when the authorities are told to clamp down on immigration.

Speedway is far too insignificant to really expect any special dispensation in this respect, and indeed I'm sure plenty over on General Discussions would argue that we should be giving preferential employment to our own young people

You don't need to speak English to ride a speedway bike, although I'm really sure there's that many immigrants from the EU who don't speak some English. In addition, the ethnic origin of Australians is majority non-British nowadays.

but you might need to undrestand it when the 2 minute warning comes on,,, unless they announce it in a Eurovision Song Contest style,,, 'der minwee', lol

but you might need to undrestand it when the 2 minute warning comes on,,, unless they announce it in a Eurovision Song Contest style,,, 'der minwee', lol

So that is why Craig Cook hasn't got Polish League place!

• Like 1

Still no official statement from the BSPA.

It would be nice to know the facts, and the riders affected.

Lots of speculation and guesswork at present.

So Ipswich having been issused 3 visas for Tungate, Heeps and Manzares for the start of 2014 will be ok then as all have only ridden for the Witches in that time?

Where as a rider who on his 2nd year rode on loan to another club would have their visa cancelled? But if its on loan would this not be ok?

Why would Heeps require a visa at all? He was introduced at Mildenhall in the NL and it was insisted at the time that he needed no visa and was "British" so eligible for NL teams. If he needs a visa now, why didn't he then and was he ever eligible for NL?

Still no official statement from the BSPA.

It would be nice to know the facts, and the riders affected.

Lots of speculation and guesswork at present.

Probably hear something in the next 2 weeks when they have got out from under the desk pretending everything is fine.

Here's something substantial;

http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?p=2383

A very good article. I'm sure Alex is furious, but he resists the temptation to start allocating blame.

Three interesting points from the article:

1) It is not just speedway affected

2) the BSPA members will have to attend workshops - I bet they will love that

3) There is some prospect of it being sorted out before the season starts

• Like 4