British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

Perhaps if they came from certain other parts of the World there wouldn't be a problem.

We seem to take anybody, it seems, but not American or Australian Speedway Riders who have means of supporting themselves. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's a bloody disgrace. :angry: :angry:

'settle' lol

just heard on BBC1 that they are looking at giving commonwealth citizens the same rights as EEC citizens !!! you couldn't make it up !!!

just heard on BBC1 that they are looking at giving commonwealth citizens the same rights as EEC citizens !!! you couldn't make it up !!!

Who are? UKIP plan to, along with everyone else. UKIP want every treated exactly the same and they want to stop the rubbish but allow the top guys. That'd be bad news for PL Aussies as I see it, as they're not the top guys UKIP want.

I doubt any other party* is saying the same as they're all taking a "foreigner bad" line at present due to the emergence of UKIP.

*I've discounted the Greens as they stand no chance of any sort of power.

"a rider returning to the UK must have achieved an Elite League CMA of 6.25 or a Premier League CMA of 7.00"

A bit of an imbalance there, surely?

Edited by grachan

"a rider returning to the UK must have achieved an Elite League CMA of 6.25 or a Premier League CMA of 7.00"

A bit of an imbalance there, surely?

The problem is the messed up EL format that creates an imbalance. 6.25 is easy to get as a second string all year but not so easy as a heatleader.

Also suggests that Alex Davies and Kozza Smith should NOT have work permits.

Edited by SCB

The problem is the messed up EL format that creates an imbalance. 6.25 is easy to get as a second string all year but not so easy as a heatleader.

It should be 6.00.

So many riders got over 5 without breaking sweat, but getting to 6 is a bit more difficult.

Has Ty Proctor finished top 4 of a state final the last 2 seasons?

Has Ty Proctor finished top 4 of a state final the last 2 seasons?

beat me to it!

Can Aussies double up then if on a tier 2 Visa? Or have i just read it wrong.

So after reading that it looks like Smith, Davies and Proctor might not qualify.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Nice as it is to have clarification of the new rules, it's speedway, so there are still questions and contradictions. I'm surprised that with all the non-compliance that caused the current situation the time frame for qualification has been relaxed to 2 years, which is what lets Holder and presumably Manzares now qualify.

I assume that the National/State qualification criteria remain the same, as the GBE page is still on the BSPA web site with reference to 2009 removed, and this becomes the Appendix 1 that is referred to in the new Sponsored Migrants Policy, although it still currently shows the qualifying averages as 4 & 7.

Tier 2 holders only being able to guest within the league in which they are contracted but also being able to double up seems to be a contradiction. It's also surprising that Tier 5 visas are now a valid option whereas in the recent past the UKVI rules restricted the BSPA to Tier 2 sponsorship only. I'd assumed that the granting of Tier 5 visas last year was just a quick fix for riders that had been caught out by the change in application rules.

At least we're a bit wiser than we were, but there are still one or two riders that are going to have a worrying few weeks and, ultimately, disappointment.

Can Aussies double up then if on a tier 2 Visa? Or have i just read it wrong.

So after reading that it looks like Smith, Davies and Proctor might not qualify.

Looks like they can.

Maybe the 3 mentioned will get some special dispensation?

Looks like they can.

Maybe the 3 mentioned will get some special dispensation?

For what?

Nice as it is to have clarification of the new rules, it's speedway, so there are still questions and contradictions. I'm surprised that with all the non-compliance that caused the current situation the time frame for qualification has been relaxed to 2 years, which is what lets Holder and presumably Manzares now qualify.

I assume that the National/State qualification criteria remain the same, as the GBE page is still on the BSPA web site with reference to 2009 removed, and this becomes the Appendix 1 that is referred to in the new Sponsored Migrants Policy, although it still currently shows the qualifying averages as 4 & 7.

Tier 2 holders only being able to guest within the league in which they are contracted but also being able to double up seems to be a contradiction. It's also surprising that Tier 5 visas are now a valid option whereas in the recent past the UKVI rules restricted the BSPA to Tier 2 sponsorship only. I'd assumed that the granting of Tier 5 visas last year was just a quick fix for riders that had been caught out by the change in application rules.

At least we're a bit wiser than we were, but there are still one or two riders that are going to have a worrying few weeks and, ultimately, disappointment.

Absolutely spot on - although we don't know what the 'BSPA recognised state Championships' actually are, especially in the USA.

As posted on the Plymouth thread too, is Ryan Fisher now in doubt too?

Edited by Najjer

Well I would hope the old averages for qualification are used for this year but then next year the new averages needed are brought in.