British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Is This Score Possible?

Hi, is this score obtainable in the current league system and if so has it ever been done?

A five ride maximum from a riders programmed rides and his place in the nominated heat (15pts), he also takes a a tactical ride resulting in six points (21pts) and an additional ride as rider replacement ride (3pts) making a total of twenty-four pts.

Edited by a4poster

A five ride maximum from a riders programmed rides and his place in the nominated heat (15pts), he also takes a a tactical ride resulting in six points (21pts) and an additional ride as rider replacement ride (3pts) making a total of twenty-four pts.

7 ride maximums (21 points) have happened in the apst, but that would imply four programmed riders, nominated, rider replacement and tactical substitution. In the above scenario a rider is only taking six rides, right, so that's still only a possible 21 points even with double points.

As Humphrey says 21 is the max. Remember that the 'Tactical' involves one of the programmed rides these days not an extra one.

Could only be achieved by a reserve to enable the 7 rides to be taken.

• Like 2

Could only be achieved by a reserve to enable the 7 rides to be taken.

That's what I thought.

But - I am not sure..................................................

Such are Speedway's Regulations. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Didn't Bjarne Pedersen score a 22+1 paid maximum for Poole at Lakeside a few years ago?? It could have been a 24 point maximum but his partner (Matty Ferjan??) was unable to let him pass for the full 6 points in his tactical ride heat so he only scored 4+1????

• Like 1

I seem to remember Henry Kroeze scoring a 24 point maximum for Halifax back in the 1970's

Only 21 - but as that was in 13 heat match ( a 40-38 win over Hackney) it still merits a mention

Didn't Bjarne Pedersen score a 22+1 paid maximum for Poole at Lakeside a few years ago?? It could have been a 24 point maximum but his partner (Matty Ferjan??) was unable to let him pass for the full 6 points in his tactical ride heat so he only scored 4+1????

Correct. Pointless (to that point) Matej Ferjan iwon heat 12 and Bjarne couldn't catch him.

That was back in the days when you could do a TS - a TR from 15 metres replacing another rider.

Last season (when there were two Tactical Rides per side in a meeting) a Reserve could theoretically have scored 27 points!

4 programmed Race wins.

1 win as a Replacement for any rider.

2 x Tactical Ride wins. (Replacing two Tactical Riders who both happened to be Fn in the first running of their TR race)

Now the maximum he can score is 24.

ATB

Dave

• Like 2

I seem to remember Henry Kroeze scoring a 24 point maximum for Halifax back in the 1970's

I seem to remember Hans Nielsen scoring a 21 point maximum away at Reading, which was made all the more remarkable by the fact he'd scored an 18 point maximum at home against Reading earlier in the day!

Last season (when there were two Tactical Rides per side in a meeting) a Reserve could theoretically have scored 27 points!

4 programmed Race wins.

1 win as a Replacement for any rider.

2 x Tactical Ride wins. (Replacing two Tactical Riders who both happened to be Fn in the first running of their TR race)

Now the maximum he can score is 24.

ATB

Dave

I thought a rider could only get a TR on his programmed rides so that wouldn't work. But, is there any restriction on reserves getting a TR? I don't remember seeing it last year but that means nothing!!!

I thought a rider could only get a TR on his programmed rides so that wouldn't work. But, is there any restriction on reserves getting a TR? I don't remember seeing it last year but that means nothing!!!

A Reserve replacing an injured TR rider 'inherits' the TR role in that race.

ATB

Dave

• Like 1

A 24 point score (without double-points) was technically possible during the 1976 season. In one of those bird-brained ideas thrown up at the Winter Conference, a revised rider-replacement regulation allowed a rider to take THREE rider-replacement rides of an injured rider who was above him in the averages! With FOUR programmed rides, plus ONE tactical substitute ride, it was possible to have EIGHT rides in a THIRTEEN heat match, always assuming you had enough strength to hold on to the bike!

I saw Reg Wilson take eight rides in a Leicester v Sheffield match on 29th June. Appearing in heats 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12 and 13 he scored 17 and 1 bonus. I guess there would have been other occasions during that season for other riders in other teams. A real test of man and machinery.

• Like 1