British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

It would seem that one or two fans are now coming to realise that clubs, with the active help from BSPA, have been flaunting the rules for seasons now, those affected might want to question their own promotions and ask why.

It would seem that one or two fans are now coming to realise that clubs, with the active help from BSPA, have been flaunting the rules for seasons now, those affected might want to question their own promotions and ask why.

Why should they? It's everyone else's fault...

Fourthbender - so just to be clear, you advocate an open door immigration policy for anyone whi has a job to come to?

And fwiw, football clubs do have to abide by immigration criteria over who they can hire, and the criteria are arguably a lot stricter than speedways.

see as an example how it was far from certain that arsenal would get a work permit for paulista.

Fourthbender - so just to be clear, you advocate an open door immigration policy for anyone whi has a job to come to?

And fwiw, football clubs do have to abide by immigration criteria over who they can hire, and the criteria are arguably a lot stricter than speedways.

see as an example how it was far from certain that arsenal would get a work permit for paulista.

Provided they come here prepared to abide by the laws of the land, are financially self-sufficient and aim to make a positive contribution to society, people of all nations should be welcomed. It's what made America great.

Provided they come here prepared to abide by the laws of the land, are financially self-sufficient and aim to make a positive contribution to society, people of all nations should be welcomed. It's what made America great.

But you do realise that if they are doing a job, 1 less Brit has a job and has to claim benefits. So they don't make a positive contribution.

james wrights value has just gone up..lol.

But you do realise that if they are doing a job, 1 less Brit has a job and has to claim benefits. So they don't make a positive contribution.

It doesn't entirely work that way. Immigrants sometimes take jobs that would otherwise not be filled, or even created in the first place. They can also contribute to economic growth which in turn creates more jobs.

If you eliminated the 22 work permit riders in British speedway, would you create 22 jobs for British riders, or make several teams less attractive to watch with the consequence that some may fold?

• Like 4

It doesn't entirely work that way. Immigrants sometimes take jobs that would otherwise not be filled, or even created in the first place. They can also contribute to economic growth which in turn creates more jobs.

If you eliminated the 22 work permit riders in British speedway, would you create 22 jobs for British riders, or make several teams less attractive to watch with the consequence that some may fold?

Congratulations Humphrey - at last I see someone making a sensible argument on this topic.

When will the much-maligned speedway community wake up to the fact that there is absolutely no good reason to prevent professional sportsmen coming to the UK to make a valuable and colourful contribution to a sport which is dying on its feet? The 'jobsworths' who make up these stupid and inane rules do so merely to create and maintain well-paid positions for themselves and their elitist colleagues in Whitehall.

I've got £5 for the first person who can tell me any REAL justification for excluding citizens of the British Commonwealth from coming to practice their profession on these shores whilst allowing free and unfettered access to anyone and everyone from the so-called European Union (European Dis-union would be a more accurate title)?

Congratulations Humphrey - at last I see someone making a sensible argument on this topic.

When will the much-maligned speedway community wake up to the fact that there is absolutely no good reason to prevent professional sportsmen coming to the UK to make a valuable and colourful contribution to a sport which is dying on its feet? The 'jobsworths' who make up these stupid and inane rules do so merely to create and maintain well-paid positions for themselves and their elitist colleagues in Whitehall.

I've got £5 for the first person who can tell me any REAL justification for excluding citizens of the British Commonwealth from coming to practice their profession on these shores whilst allowing free and unfettered access to anyone and everyone from the so-called European Union (European Dis-union would be a more accurate title)?

Same goes for the Aussies aswell though, they dont hand out free entry willy nilly... No matter who you are.
  • Like 5

Same goes for the Aussies aswell though, they dont hand out free entry willy nilly... No matter who you are.

I think you are right, I have a feeling this is part of the reason we are tightening up the visa laws for anyone outside the EU coming into this Country on a work permit, it could be something to do with Countries like Australia doing the same, and we are going along the same lines, I know with a few of my mates telling me, its not easy getting a work permit when thinking to go to Australia to work.

Edited by Devildodger

I've got £5 for the first person who can tell me any REAL justification for excluding citizens of the British Commonwealth from coming to practice their profession on these shores ...

Congratulations on your internationalist outlook - but I can see some practical problems (as well as considerable political resistance) to allowing 1.2 billion Indian citizens the right to work and live in the UK

i must say australia is 1 of the hardest place to actualy up ship and move to

but from a speedway point of view going by some of the brits who have done the winter over there it looks much easier for a brit to ride in aus than a aussie to ride in our speedway series

does anyone still think this is all 'Somersets' fault ???

as we are all now led to believe that, most club's have been acting 'illegally' for some time now,,,

maybe Somerset had got B Kurtz and J Holder's averages from the DVLA,,, easy mistake to make for some folk, and in doing so have tore open a wound that nobody really cared about,,,

if Speedway way get's run correctly, and within the rules/law, maybe it will have a better future and then 'Somerset' could take all the credit :-)

• Like 1

does anyone still think this is all 'Somersets' fault ???

as we are all now led to believe that, most club's have been acting 'illegally' for some time now,,,

maybe Somerset had got B Kurtz and J Holder's averages from the DVLA,,, easy mistake to make for some folk, and in doing so have tore open a wound that nobody really cared about,,,

if Speedway way get's run correctly, and within the rules/law, maybe it will have a better future and then 'Somerset' could take all the credit :-)

I'm not so sure that UK Visa are particula

i must say australia is 1 of the hardest place to actualy up ship and move to

but from a speedway point of view going by some of the brits who have done the winter over there it looks much easier for a brit to ride in aus than a aussie to ride in our speedway series

what, you mean 4 or 5 a year for the past few years?? Are you sure they were working visa's?? Plus apart from the good hard work of the scholarship, it wasnt plain sailing at all according to some.

Nevermind some two bob speedway riders, i know of people and profs of all trades who have had problems or been declined, the criteria was ( not sure if still is) far more demanding than those coming to the UK.

Edited by Arson fire

It's comparing apples and oranges.

There's not really any professional speedway scene in Australia, so doing a few open meetings for a bit of spending money is unlikely to be depriving an Australian of a job. I therefore suspect something like the equivalent of a UK sports visitor visa is sufficient, as it would be if an Australian came to do a handful of meetings in the UK.

If you're a contracted employee doing speedway as a full-time job though, then of course you're potentially taking a job from a UK citizen.