In a ENGLAND team? :D :D :D

All the best

Rob

Ooops!!!

:oops::oops::oops:

Ooops!!!

:oops::oops::oops:

Freddie would be No1 for my Welsh team.

I decided to start with seven World Champs as my England team. If Havelock or Loram didn't come up to expectations, they'd be replaced pretty quickly by Jack Parker and Eric Langton / Tom Farndon for the second match. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Tom Farndon for the second match. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Soften them up, then hit 'em hard in the second match with your best team, eh Rob?

Edited by norbold

Fred Williams for Gary Havelock surely. :shock: :shock: :shock:

he was welsh surely?

Would have morton and carter ahead of wigg and louis.

edit: sorry already pointed out above

Edited by waihekeaces1

he was welsh surely?

Would have morton and carter ahead of wigg and louis.

edit: sorry already pointed out above

It's OK whka1 I don't mind being embarrassed again. :oops:;):t::rofl: :rofl:

Peter Craven

Peter Collins

Split Waterman

Eric Langton

Dave Jessup

John Louis

Brian Crutcher

Custom a great seven no Farndon? but i certainly would have Lee,Carter,Simmons above Jessup, also Ray Wilson,Ashby,Betts, both Boocock's at least at the same level as Louis. Edited by sidney

It's OK whka1 I don't mind being embarrassed again. :oops:;):t::rofl: :rofl:

had to smile at that abbreviation of my username, in maori that would be pronounced "f#cka one".
  • Like 1

Freddie would be No1 for my Welsh team.

I decided to start with seven World Champs as my England team. If Havelock or Loram didn't come up to expectations, they'd be replaced pretty quickly by Jack Parker and Eric Langton / Tom Farndon for the second match. :wink:

All the best

Rob

How can you possibly pick Eric Langton. I never ever rated him that highly when he was riding. would prefer Bill Kitchen who in the 1940's won 14 out of the 18 times that these two met.

How can you possibly pick Eric Langton. I never ever rated him that highly when he was riding. would prefer Bill Kitchen who in the 1940's won 14 out of the 18 times that these two met.

Langton was as close as u can get to a world title without winning it. Kitchen tbh never got close.

Star riders' champion in 1932 and v. close to World title in 1936.

Not sure why you're looking at the post-war Langton in comparison to Kitchen, when Langton was a decade past his best by then.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Exactly. Its a bit like saying kenny carter was better than peter collins because he had the better head to head record against him .

Custom a great seven no Farndon? but i certainly would have Lee,Carter,Simmons above Jessup, also Ray Wilson,Ashby,Betts, both Boocock's at least at the same level as Louis.

12 in to 7 don't go! :nono:

Blimey, Mick, you're even older than I thought. You saw Eric Langton in his hey-day????

When did you see Eric Langton ride? I find your comment interesting - I also saw him and Bill Kitchen ride and would like to compare views if possible please.

Edited by Guest