British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Something has to change or there won't be a GP series - people ain't going to keep spending hard earned cash on these none events. As I said earlier time to bring back in proper tracks and stadiums for starters Horsens take it back to Vojens - Prague lets go to Pardubice a far better race track - Warsaw back to Lezsno there is also Croatia Italy that could be brought back into the series Landshut in Germany would be another good venue - as for Cardiff unless the National speedway stadium in Manchester is going to hold 45 k it will have to remain in Cardiff though if Olsen gets that wrong in July the new Belle Vue could be big enough come 2016 . Fans will vote with there feet it's time some people wake up to this fact .

• Like 3

Actions speak louder than words.We keep hearing things like "lessons have been learnt" or "it will be better next time".......Prague,how many times?But we keep getting served up with the same rubbish as before.Time to put up or get out,i think

take this meeting to Pardubice I've attended the last two years Golden Helmet and the racing there is 100% better than the Marketa - it may not be glam like Prague city attractions but the racing would be much better and the stadium holds more people as well .
  • Like 1

To quote Tony Blair...things can only get better.

Hopefully starting with Prague next Saturday, as I think its fair to say the first two GP`s haven't exactly lived up to the billing.

Oh how bored we must all have been in the pre-GP days (NOT).

Quite rightly, all the comments 2 GP's in are negative. Ask any supporter who started watching speedway 50-60 years ago if World Championship speedway was boring,

or rubbish. Knock me if you will but the future is in the past.

It probably wasn't because your comment is a typical "It was better in the old days" comment. With time you might remember things to be better then they actually was.

It probably wasn't because your comment is a typical "It was better in the old days" comment. With time you might remember things to be better then they actually was.

Well, 24 hours hasn't helped improve my memory of the Finnish GP.

take this meeting to Pardubice I've attended the last two years Golden Helmet and the racing there is 100% better than the Marketa - it may not be glam like Prague city attractions but the racing would be much better and the stadium holds more people as well .

Yes I have been to Pardu and Prague(not for the speedway though),the trouble with your idea is that Pardu don't want a GP.They are happy with what they have.You can't force a track to host a GP if they don't want it,which is where any list of the 10 best tracks falls down.....

Not a classic weekend in Poland either. No passing in either of the two TV meetings, delays in Gorzow caused by issues in first bend, tape issues in Grudziadz, Wroclaw & Rzeszow

Its all down to money unless Pardubice version of city council stump up some cash to fund the BSI for putting the meeting on then its got no chance as Pardubice Club dont have the funds sad really Ive been banging on about having a 5 team WTC final there...

• Like 2

To quote Tony Blair...things can only get better.

We all know what a lying b he was.

BSI could always hire the stadium ......

Not if the owners say no.

Another bad weekend for speedway,2 events into the championship and we haven't had a track yet fit for the national league let alone the world championship.This is the sole responsibility of the organisers to ensure that the venues they choose have the ability to put on tracks that are suitable for World Championship events. I'm afraid the fans are now wiseing up and are showing that after last year at Tampere they are not prepared to pay top dollar to watch any old rubbish.If this carries on the GP series wont last too much longer.Listening to Pearson last night I would be much more interested with his real observations driving back last night rather than the endless positivity he trots out week in week out on screen.

• Like 2

I have been criticised for this before and will be again but this GP thing is killing speedway, and British speedway in particular. If you want to see the top riders race then you can have big events at venues and tracks that do them justice (like the old Internationale). One quarter filled stadiums on essentially a long track was not good to watch particularly after Warsaw. Let's go back to the old world championship at a track that merits it. Tin hat is on again chaps, but it's nothing personal just my feeling of comparing old with new. I can't see how the accountants can justify that event last night.

100%

• Like 1

Not if the owners say no.

Ha, no of course not. Not quite how the deals work though is it ☺