British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
customhouseregular

Best Pairs Cup

It's being implied that the Polish league are stopping Woffy riding in the meeting. I thought they only had control over Polish riders?

Still would have no sympathy as it was his choice to rider for every other league ahead of his own.

• Like 1

Can we use him in the World Cup though? (Rory that is)

Edited by grachan

It's being implied that the Polish league are stopping Woffy riding in the meeting. I thought they only had control over Polish riders?

Still would have no sympathy as it was his choice to rider for every other league ahead of his own.

More like his club-Wroclaw. it`s their 1st home match of the season tomorrow and they have probably said to their team- "we are having a practice today-you will be here" With wages for the top riders in Poland at around £1500 per point you do as you are told.

So it's not as straight forward as Tai just deciding not to ride because he wanted to test some bikes then.

Edited by grachan

So where is his loyalty to Rosco who pushed for GB to compete in this comp? Sorry money over pride in your country doesn't cut it for me.

• Like 1

More like his club-Wroclaw. it`s their 1st home match of the season tomorrow and they have probably said to their team- "we are having a practice today-you will be here"

With wages for the top riders in Poland at around £1500 per point you do as you are told.

Perhaps but what can Wroclaw do? Leaving Tai out will only hurt themselves so I think it's about time the riders organized themselves and stood up against the Polish clubs.

• Like 4

Perhaps but what can Wroclaw do? Leaving Tai out will only hurt themselves so I think it's about time the riders organized themselves and stood up against the Polish clubs.

I agree with what you say in principle but while the Polish clubs pay the riders way more than any others they hold the trump card.

Tai has now confirmed on Twitter that it's because Poland get priority.

Surely he must have known that there would be a clash of fixtures when he agreed to ride? Or do Poland not usually have practice sessions?

Statement just gone up, Polish teams once again ruleing the roost!!!

Just a shame it took a load of twitter abuse for a statement to come out, would of nipped it all in the bud early doors instead of a load of speculation, which got the better of me and I believed it!

Appreciate the effort from Schlein to come in at short notice and cover our backs, this guy gets my total applause, seems to want to help anyone out within British speedway. Sure he'll give it his all...

• Like 3

Tai has now confirmed on Twitter that it's because Poland get priority.

Surely he must have known that there would be a clash of fixtures when he agreed to ride? Or do Poland not usually have practice sessions?

They have practice sessions all the time in Poland, especially before big matches-tomorrow is important for Wroclaw as not only being their 1st home match of the season-with the best team they have had for several years- because of stadium rebuilding they are running their 7 home matches within 8 rounds of matches. So understandingly they want to get their home programme off to a good start.

Rory has been trying to ride for Us for a while now. He has raced most of his life in England. He has English children and English and Scottish heritage. He's never turned his back on British speedway (if anything most of the time it feels like he races for the whole league lol)

I hope he has a good meeting for us.

Whilst appreciating Rory's willingness to ride and that this is not an official competition, it is totally wrong. I would prefer we send a MDL Junior if that is the only British rider available/willing to ride.

• Like 2

I really hope that Wroclaw have another practice on Monday 15th June!!!!

• Like 3

I really hope that Wroclaw have another

practice on Monday 15th June!!!!

😂👍🏻