British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Spring Trophy 1st Leg Sunday March 29th 2015 At 3pm

I'm almost moist with anticipation!

Will be a memorable day no matter the result and I cannot wait to be a part of it.

Have already got two lapsed supporters to come along.

Hope we set up the track identical to last year so Two Kevs gets 3 blobs and a strategic withdrawal.

Roll on Cook, sorry meant Sunday!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 4

love it Paulco, your match previews are class, can't wait until Sunday to see our new Peugeot arena and our super team show the monarchs their back wheels. Just hope the weather forecast is not accurate as I really don't want a rain off. And I think the spring trophy is cool

Moist George?

Looks like some things at Crashfield won't change in 2015.

I reckon a call off at noon BST is favorite.

1st leg therefore at the San Siro, tigs with chocolate all over their face and a 20 point lead for the champions rendering the 2 and leg unnecessary.

Dickie Lawson will need to wait a while to win his first race in red and white then

Okay I don't know the exact line ups , but I can hazard a guess cause I'm itching for the season to start .

Been an exciting winter with Sheikh's Gerry and Michael pumping a fortune into our great club , and now it's nearly time for the grand opening at our shiny new Peugeot Ashfield Stadium .

As per usual our first foots are our friends from the Hillman Imp arena in Smugville and we do battle for the most hideous looking trophy in speedway - the big spring sticking out of a lump of wood .

But dodgy trophy or not , there's no such thing as a meaningless fixture against the Smugs and we'll be going all out to put down a marker for the season .

We've lost , from 2014 , Tero Aarnio , Rusty Harrison , Kasper Lykke and Theo Pijper with our thanks . And Kevin Wolbert with a good riddance . But we retain future superstar , Dimitri Berge and Victor Palovaara .

In come Son of God , finally taking up his birthright , Kozza Smith , Aaron Summers , returning hero Nick Morris and young English prospect James Sarjeant .

The Smugs retain Cook and his funny fuel , Sam Masters and Justin Sedgmen . But bring in at reserve Robert Branflake and Cleggy from Last of the Summer Wine . They also have a couple of Germans , one of which we are well acquainted with unfortunately .

So all we need now is the weather gods to watch the Scotland game and leave us alone and let battle commence .

Sunday's line ups might be

Glasgow

1 Son of God

2 Dimitri Berge

3 Kozza Smith

4 Aaron Summers

5 Nick Morris

6 James Sarjeant

7 Victor Palovaara

Smugs

1 Craig Cook

2 Justin Sedgmen

3 Erik Riss

4 Failed Tiger

5 Sam Masters

6 Cleggy

7 Robert Branflake

Presumably the ref will be The Grand Monarch and I fancy us to take at least a 12 point lead to the Hillman Imp Arena a week on Friday .

Quality post Paulco.

Fantastic to see the Tigers getting excellent ownership in place.

Here's hoping for a successful season.

• Like 1

I'm almost moist with anticipation!

Will be a memorable day no matter the result and I cannot wait to be a part of it.

Have already got two lapsed supporters to come along.

Hope we set up the track identical to last year so Two Kevs gets 3 blobs and a strategic withdrawal.

Roll on Cook, sorry meant Sunday!

Don't know about your lapsed supporters but I know about 6 that are coming. Hope we don't run out of beer or crisps, wouldn't want to give the Scum something to complain about. :cheers:

• Like 1

Fingers crossed on the weather - XC says rain clearing up early morning at the moment.

Weather and the enemy permitting (she might well fancy a trip to St Enoch's) I'll be coming.

Away win for me. Edinburgh again look very strong.

Interesting to see how Erik Riss gets on. If he holds his own in the top 5 then Edinburgh look the team to beat.

If the weather gods don't stop the match then the it'll be an interesting matchup at the Possilpark Church of New Bling. The New Smug Tigers line up looks better if your looking for instant gratification with Dale favourite Morris being the #1 with Lawson/Summers in support plus The Sarge could be a sleeper at reserve. For sheer white knuckle X Games entertainment it will be "Killa" Kozza Smith playing fence panel bingo unless a hapless team mate or opponent gets in the way. Man to watch - IMO the key to Tigs season could be Berge, can he kick on as a genuine backup for the top 3 home n away.

As it's unlikely lightning will strike twice we wont see a Monarchs as good as last years for a while & the Yesteryears Snug Monarchs go with an unusually long tail putting the pressure on Riss,Clegg,Brandford from the start. IMO Monarchs are probably more focused on whom is in the team come the playoffs than who starts the season with this starting 7. But Cook & Masters should be enough at the top to start the season giving Wolbert & Riss some room to get going but the reserves need to score 4 or 5 per match which looks tough on previous form. Key Man will be Erik Riss no doubt, if he does well then new Tigs bosses Del Boy & Rodney could get a nasty surprise.

Add to the mix a new layout for the track so who knows what that'll race like given past "reconfigurations" by the likes of the great n godly who ever got dragged out of the stadium pub 3 seasons ago to do the last one. It's never going to be as when Ashfield re-opened as it was deemed to favour the away team but hopefully it's an improvement that actually allows ppl to race.

So bragging rights up for grabs as both North of the Border teams fans try to Out Smug each other as the Nouveaux Riche try to embarrass the old Money Monarchs much to the Rain Gods delight.

Edited by Dekker
  • Like 1

Couldn't care less what the result is as long as the boys get some good track time and get themselves match sharp for when the real stuff starts.

• Like 1

In sure Mr Ego will score more than he scored in Poland on Tue but I still think Glasgow will win comfortable. Glasgow by 18.

Couldn't care less what the result is as long as the boys get some good track time and get themselves match sharp for when the real stuff starts.

You'll need to change your name to Pinocchio, your nose is getting bigger. :shock::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 2

You'll need to change your name to Pinocchio, your nose is getting bigger. :shock::cheers:

How? It's challange match for riders to test their bikes and get race ready for the season to start. it's like in football a pre sesaon friendly the result doesn't matter as long as the players get fitter and more match sharpness.

How? It's challange match for riders to test their bikes and get race ready for the season to start. it's like in football a pre sesaon friendly the result doesn't matter as long as the players get fitter and more match sharpness.

Ther is no such thing as a Glasgow-Edinburgh friendly. :nono: Let battle commence. :t::cheers:

• Like 2

Agreed tyretrax....

matches this season should be feisty (no more spearing opponents Morris) and well supported to the benefit of both clubs.

in recent years matches against the Tigs were never meaningless but all the Wooping of the weegie a5s meant they were meaning less with familiarity.

No more.....

Head to heads with Cumbrias no2 should keep Cookie honest and whilst we have a longer tail, we do have 2 no1`s with firepower at the end of meetings, to help keep it close. Tigs may have a secret weapon at reserve with a pairing who could average beyond 5 each and so this might only be our first meeting this year, but we might end our season at ashfield in the playoff final......

bring it on ........................

• Like 3