British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Spring Trophy 1st Leg Sunday March 29th 2015 At 3pm

i see mr blobby was in charge of the meeting today. wee bit of rain never hurt anyone, except the paying public. good to hear you wasted money on travelling. wouldn't it have been nice if Glasgow had told as many fans as poss it was off.those 1500 fans seen 11 heats of dross.i would have stayed at home.

Hope you did. :t:

With it being their first meeting i know they wanted to get it on but that was a joke it shouldn't have even started. Cook and Sedgmen having to pull up a lap into the first race and take their goggles of becuase they couldn't even see.

Tack was like slush riders rolling round at times as they couldn't even turn poor show.

Thought I'd post a few pics from today on Flickr. More to be added later.

BSF members just click on the link.

Can judge for themselves just how "waterlogged" the track was ....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/glasgowtigersspeedway/

there is a difference between water on the track an it being waterlogged. today it was waterlogged. riders having to take there goggles of after only a lap and half due to not being able to see shouldn't happen

• Like 1

they pictures make the track look better than it actually was.

were you riding on it then,to make that assumption.

they pictures make the track look better than it actually was.

Of course they do. What else wold you say?

Unlike you, cameras don't lie. ;)

Just for you, as pictures don't tell the full story, I've added a movie.

Edited by george.m

First race was always going to be wet but got better as the meeting went on times were not that bad either shame that the rain came on again just As ht 11 finished it would have been a cracking ht 13-15

• Like 3

were you riding on it then,to make that assumption.

Mr B just makes assumptions with the naked eye then we can all take it as gospel whilst track conditions were far from ideal it was not as bad as some would make out Richard Lawson had a sub 60 second lap in heat 1 i have attended a few meetings on a wet track at Ashfield and times were 64 - 65 seconds so that would tell me that the track wasn't as bad albeit those behind were getting filled in but rather than rely on a biased view i would prefer to go with the fact that times were considerably faster than some other meeting's i have attended.

You really didn't think for one minute that there wouldn't be some well one Edinburgh fan picking fault in everything about today would you.

• Like 5

You really didn't think for one minute that there wouldn't be some well one Edinburgh fan picking fault in everything about today would you.

the only thing negative about today was the track the meeting shouldn't have started. if it wasn't for the new owners and all the changes and improvement it wouldn't have went ahead.

Well, what a day its been for the sport of speedway in general.

To have new owners come into the sport and invest a considerable amount of money is manna from heaven. For us all, no matter the team.

Good news for speedway and especially good news for the sport north of the border.

I wish the new owners every success for the future, and maybe, just maybe, it may encourage a few others to do the same in other parts of the UK.

The changes are full on from a distance, before even entering the stadium.

Entering via a new ticket office, then straight into the club shop, fast food and hall of fame is a great idea ... and no doubt will increase revenues.

Some of the changes inside were obvious, others had to be checked out as the large crowd in the main stand and 4th bend covered terrace blocked out the view from afar.

A new covered area for handicapped spectators is a great idea and one to be commended, it reminded me not all are as fortune as me.

Clean toilets (with PA system) and plenty of them, new stand seating, sponsor seated area, new stand walls and windows, ample catering, much improved food and realistically priced, proper female toilets, improved walking and standing surfaces ... the list goes on and on.

For the first time, in a long time, I've come back from a speedway meeting not feeling my pockets have been dipped into.

And I believe the good news is the stadium improvements are still work in progress. Only at Phase One of a two year plan.

Great credit goes to all involved in making this happen ... and the many people (paid and volunteers) who've worked tirelessly to make this happen for the rest of us.

This is now a sport in Glasgow that says ... "bring your family" and caters for them.

Mine will be back ... by their own volition. Not because dad has dragged them.

The racing today was of secondary importance. We all knew it had rained much of this weekend before the meeting, we all knew beforehand it was due to rain. So anyone who has any complaints about the racing should take a good look in the mirror .... it was never going to be anything else than what it was.

Credit also goes to the riders of both teams who put in a big effort to put on a show.

All 14 were brave and tried ... more than can be expected under the conditions.

This wasn't about team sport, rather 14 guys participating in a dangerous sport, putting on a show for the paying public and showing respect to each other. The winning team today was the sport of speedway and that includes the small minded minority who can only see negativity in it.

Yes, we'll have the usual attention seeking BSF posters picking gnat sh!t out of a haystack looking for faults today ... frankly, the chips on their shoulders are overshadowed by what is a breath of fresh air for the sport of speedway.

If they want to have a game of "let's see who can pee the highest" then I'll take part in that ... in our new toilets, with piped music, hot water, drying facilities and the smell of fresh grout and not stale urine.

Congrats to the new owners for putting their money where their mouths are, researching other tracks and putting it into place.

I can rest better tonight knowing Glasgow speedway is in safe hands and will be there in the future because we have backers with the cajolies to do it.

I hope, for the good of the sport, more similar people do likewise in other tracks across the country!

Can I bring my dog?

The only rider I have seen moaning about the track is Cook. Would he have been doing the same if he hadn't lost

• Like 3

Glasgow has the third highest heart attack rate in Britain, so hardly healthy

Don't bring heart attacks up. You'll get the Monarchs fans bleating on for the next 156 pages of how Buster Chapman feigned at a heart attack at Armadale in 1862 to delay a meeting. :P Mind you, this could be a season when all the Monarchs fans mysteriously disappear off the forum around May time, only to strangely resurface next season if they've got a better team than Glasgow again. :wink:

Congratulations to Glasgow on starting their season with a win. Hope you have a great season in the smashing new Ashfield.

Note to Blobby: ONE!!! ;)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3

Monarchlad you and your dog can have a day out with BLOBBY at Armadump amongst the p-- [ nearly forgot take JENGA with you]The 3 of you are well suited you all talk the same dross

Edited by MANSE

they call it reading from the same page !!!!!!!!!

Lot of anti-Monarchs propaganda going on.

Folk must be getting worried about the strength of our guys this season.

6 points down with the Cookie/Smiling Sam pair due out in 2 of the last 4.

We would have been happy with that against apparently the strongest team in the league.

And with the home leg to come.

Lot of anti-Monarchs propaganda going on.

Folk must be getting worried about the strength of our guys this season.

6 points down with the Cookie/Smiling Sam pair due out in 2 of the last 4.

We would have been happy with that against apparently the strongest team in the league.

And with the home leg to come.

Not worried at all but i agree the Monarchs have assembled another strong looking team but there is no apparently about it we are the strongest team in the league ;) .