British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V Poole, Elite Shield, 26/03/15

Thanks for that, sounds about the same, and considering im almost close to a million miles from you, thats quite a surprise! ;)

Looking forward to it

2 miles from track. Sunny, very windy and I suspect rather chilly tonight.

I'd go a bit further than that and say it will be fine and BLOODY cold. All it needs is for the fans to turn up in big numbers and dress for the occasion.

That's, Vest; Tee Shirt; Jumper; Body warmer; Fleece, Jacket; Overcoat; Woolly Hat; Gloves; oh and not forgetting the Little Hip-flask .

Roll on the Summer....... At least I will be there with no excuses....... Win lose or Draw...... and still have a smile on me face.... :D

• Like 3

Could any locals give me a weather update for tonight please, its sunny here in lincoln and quite breezy after this morning rain. If its the same up the road it should be a grippy track tonight id have thought. Im all excited, not been to any racing since mid last season

Hope you enjoy the visit ;)

• Like 1

I'd go a bit further than that and say it will be fine and BLOODY cold. All it needs is for the fans to turn up in big numbers and dress for the occasion.

That's, Vest; Tee Shirt; Jumper; Body warmer; Fleece, Jacket; Overcoat; Woolly Hat; Gloves; oh and not forgetting the Little Hip-flask .

Roll on the Summer....... At least I will be there with no excuses....... Win lose or Draw...... and still have a smile on me face.... :D

I was trying not to put people off lol.

I'm afraid the lure of watching Cameron and Millipede is fractionally more entertaining than freezing within an inch of death whilst being subjected to shouty man ( not sure who coined that name but I find it very fitting)

Could any locals give me a weather update for tonight please, its sunny here in lincoln and quite breezy after this morning rain. If its the same up the road it should be a grippy track tonight id have thought. Im all excited, not been to any racing since mid last season

More likely to be slick with the slop all scraped off I'd have thought. Hard to believe there's not a cloud in the sky now after what we had this morning!

More likely to be slick with the slop all scraped off I'd have thought. Hard to believe there's not a cloud in the sky now after what we had this morning!

Should suit Poole to a tee then, I'd have thought!! :wink:

Although it sounds as though having so much spare shale sitting around at the arena and putting it on too late has led to a poorly prepared and dangerous track for both sets of riders!!

Edited by Skidder1

Oh dear. 5 riders and we still come away with the shield.. The futures great the futures pirates...#poolepirateseliteleaguechampionsthreeonthetrotski #piratepride :rofl:

• Like 1

Was IMO an extremely poor meeting.

A couple of good battles but in the main well strung out heats.

Hope all injured rider's are back asap

• Like 3

Good to win but bad that two riders were hurt, hope they are ok.

• Like 1

Oh dear. 5 riders and we still come away with the shield.. The futures great the futures pirates...#poolepirateseliteleaguechampionsthreeonthetrotski #piratepride :rofl:

Bothered about this trophy now you have won it are you :shock: .On the home leg thread you didn't seem to bothered as the real trophy is handed out in October ;)

Onto the meeting pretty poor really.Best race was the last with Iversen just getting by North on the last lap.Nice that North just give him enough room(unusual).

Hope Porsing will be ok after that nasty looking tumble.Think Holder will be he just seemed to be a bit disinterested after his first heat fall.

Would like to see the speedway season started mid April that was bloody cold tonight.Instead we start in March and have some nice Wednesday nights off in the summer with no racing.

Edited by tellboy

if holder was riding at somerset tomorrow in the challenge meeting and he put in a performance like that .. i would ask for the extra pound back that they put on the admission fee :nono: .lol.

Blast that was cold! Well done to the Pirates on their win, I knew we would struggle after the big loss at Poole

Best wishes to Nick and Chris, hope they have no lasting injuries. Nick was going for the big one, such a shame he got caught out 😡

So pleased that our management have decided to produce a proper programme for our 50th year, even though it's more money it's worth it 😊

Loved the old march played at the start of the meeting, may have been lost on many lol

Must say also that Matt tried hard tonight, thank you ☺

Roll On Tuesday!!

• Like 1

See Middlo is at it again. This time he's taking to Twitter to publicly slate the Kings Lynn track.

Is this because he lost? Maybe he needs to look much closer to home to see what a poor track is. Even holder has commented on how bad the Poole track is.