British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Lakeside Tues 31st Sky 7.30

I can understand the comments re Lakeside 'not turning up' etc but the reality was they were outgated in most heats and soon realised no matter what their efforts the track was not going to give them any chance of bettering their position. Little point in engine wear and tear for no purpose. Give a rider a track he can race on and race he might.

The only opposing rider he beat was Morris. His score looks better due to the fact the lakeside rider he was paired with was even worse and Kings Lynn were down to one reserve for most of the meeting.

TBF he met Morris 3 times and beat him 3 times. You wouldn't expect him to beat Lambert and was beaten by Kerr in his first race. In couple of races there were only 3 riders, Maybe not the most stunning performance of all time but he did his job and beat his opposite number every time they met. Whatever might be said about Lakeside as a whole I don't think any blame can be laid at Adam's door.

Yet again first things first, I said a million times the biggest mistake on sky tv matches is showing teams not on there regular race night . it's hard enough to get speedway fans to come when it's on tv but even harder off there regular race night ...Still after all this time they still not sorted this out and then we are left with a poor crowd that make the sport look poor even before the racing has started .

• Like 3

I actually don't blame the track for last night, i think merely Stars had their bikes nailed and Hammers riders did not and struggled most of the night to get them going although a couple did look more on the pace towards the end but could still not drive off the start line quick enough.

Granted it was a massive come down after the best pairs on Saturday, sky's coverage does feel very dated now, the Elite League has actually turned from being a fan more interested in team racing to a fan more interested in individuals such as the Grand Prix's and the SEC as it provides better racing with every rider giving 100 percent , no guests, no R/R and no one going through the motions.

Personally I thought Manzares went through the motions perfectly!! Slightly better than KK in fact!

Do you know what... if this is what the season is going to dish up i can see people cancelling their sports package...

Got in late last night and just caught the last heat.

Read what people have put on here, but i thought no, i'll watch and fast forward through the meeting, got to heat 10 then pressed delete..

what a load of dross.

Lakeside were utter garbage, i know you can only beat what's put in front of you but sorry, that was baaaaaad.

• Like 1

Couldn't see much wrong with track last night .most race times were around 60 seconds and a couple were about 59 secs. People are using the track as an excuse for lakeside being crap.

love how fans say the tracks rubbish yet riders say its the best track in the country

The best track in the country is the one that serves up exciting speedway week after week. I don't really care what the riders think - they are there to entertain on a strip that lets them do just that.

Sadly, last night wasn't entertaining - it was a terrible meeting (Robert Lambert excepted who showed how far he has come in such a relatively short space of time - and he's only 16 - fantastic) and was not a good advert for speedway.

• Like 2

love how fans say the tracks rubbish yet riders say its the best track in the country

Riding on it and watching it are two different things .

• Like 1

Did they really say that last night?

My first view of Lambert. Very impressed. Was it my TV or does he look a little portly?

The best track in the country is the one that serves up exciting speedway week after week.

I don't really care what the riders think - they are there to entertain on a strip that lets them do just that.

That must be the most ridiculous statement I've seen posted on the forum. I suggest you go and tell the riders that...........

They, the riders, will not perform on a strip if they don't feel confident with, merely go through the motions....

My first view of Lambert. Very impressed. Was it my TV or does he look a little portly?

He is not fat it's because he wears one of those air jackets that inflate when you crash, they make you look big as they do with Chris Harris

It was your television.. Actually he's lost quite a bit of portly stance and looks very fit........ It could have been his protective armour .....

Ah that explains it. Looked a great prospect last night. Neat and tidy style and mature in his racing awareness.