GLASGOW 'Allied Vehicles' TIGERS...42

1. Kenneth Hansen (G) 2,3,2,1,1¹ = 9+1
2. Dimitri Berge 0,0,0 = 0
3. Aaron Summers © 3,1¹,1,6,2 = 13+1
4. Kozza Smith 1,2,0,3 = 6
5. Stevie Worrall (G) 1¹,1,2¹,0 = 4+2
6. Victor Palovaara 3,2,1,3,0,1 = 10
7. Ellis Perks (G) 0,F,0 = 0

Another trophy in the bag, Top 2 looked fine, Sedgy too after 1st race, the Germans were on their tractors and the reserves? Rob Branford scored well and Max pulled half a lap on Perks for his 2nd point.

There was some decent entertainment tonight, a lot closer than I would have liked. Thought the conditions were a little tough and caught even a few of the experienced riders out.

As I said shortly after his arrival, Victor looks like a decent prospect at reserve, and could definitely score some decent points. The monarchs reserves have shown promise so far as well. I'm still hoping agents new engines turn up pronto!

I noticed the drunken tiger on the third bend stoated off before heat 13. Obviously as with Sunday, he knew what was coming, although this time they couldn't call it off!

Minions Official Website plays up to the support, keeping the bitter and twisted tone of the last week going .....

Try reading 'Tapes Up' in the programme, George.

Very good meeting :approve: Local derby, reasonably close result (it would have been closer still if Morris, Lawson and Sarjeant had ridden), good racing, no injuries, decent crowd and all over in 90 minutes.

Masters (who might well take over from Cook as No 1 this season, no-one got near him), Branford & Palovaara all impressive.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

Not the most entertaining night's racing I've seen at the West Lothian Wok, but still good to have the speedway season under way.

Left tonight with a feeling of optimism for future Tiger visits with some good performances from our lads.

Victor was the surprise package with two wins and has found a way of getting round the Dale.

Dimitri grew in confidence and another who's found the way of getting round, albeit he needs to do so much quicker in future.

Aaron looked good as you'd expect.

Kozza obviously performs better on wider open spaces.

As for our guests, Kenneth gave a reasonable showing; Agent Stevie didn't look anything like the rider of last year; and Ellis tried his best.

With our full septet tonight, a shock win could well have been on the cards.

For the Minions, Masters took over where he left off on Sunday and if he continues in this form will have an excellent season.

Sedgmen impressed.

Two Kevs ... well.

I've not seen enough of Riss to comment and it's too early to judge.

The reserves look promising and with more experience will be strong at home - especially Rob who impressed all evening.

And finally, One Man and His Dog.

He'll be virtually unbeatable at home this year, even when Aaron passed him in Heat 10 he had enough in the tank to reel him in and pass with ease.

His only dropped points coming in Heat 15 (first bike - problems) when he struggled with a patch of the track - twice.

Perhaps he should watch next time where his dog cocks its leg and avoid the damp patches!

It's good to have speedway back again.

Harsh on STEVIE George.....

He lost to Sam in 4 Cook and Sedgy in 6 team rode Pavlova to a 5_1in 9 and had no chance in 13.

Visiting 5s will struggle to better that Do you think Morris would do better?

• Like 1

There was some decent entertainment tonight, a lot closer than I would have liked. Thought the conditions were a little tough and caught even a few of the experienced riders out.

As I said shortly after his arrival, Victor looks like a decent prospect at reserve, and could definitely score some decent points. The monarchs reserves have shown promise so far as well. I'm still hoping agents new engines turn up pronto!

I noticed the drunken tiger on the third bend stoated off before heat 13. Obviously as with Sunday, he knew what was coming, although this time they couldn't call it off!

I have to admit the Drunk was out of order, swearing and giving the finger to all Monarchs rider, and to Stevie Worrall who was riding for his team, biggest disappointment was all the young kids around, especially the two standing close to me who were new to Speedway.....Glasgow may have spend £900k this year, but they need to weed out this lout, before he turns off families, with young kids, who it has to be remembered are the future.

But not a bad meeting, Sam, Sedgy and Cookie were excellent, Agent need his new engines, but did look good coming from the back, Erik, will come good, as he put lots of effort in and has a great style, Rob had a great night, and could have had more points.....but the improvement in Young Max from last year is really quite superb and they will be lots more to come from him and Rob.....well done lads

• Like 1

I but they need to weed out this lout, before he turns off families, with young kids, who it has to be remembered are the future.

Glad you take so much interest in the future of Glasgow speedway - very refreshing!

Likewise Edinburgh need to weed out the mature woman who got very territorial about the space around her in the 4th bend covered area on Sunday - for the whole meeting.

Deliberately standing down from her "space" between heats to deliberately block the through fare to put people off from walking past.

Then taking it upon herself to rap my wife repeatedly with her programme because she couldn't see.

Then accusing the missus of standing on her foot when she'd hadn't.

Then accusing me of deliberately standing in front of her to block her view when I hadn't.

Much to the embarrassment of one Monarch couple standing beside her.

All done in front of a ten year old who found the whole episode highly amusing.

As we all did and those around us.

So if you want to sit on the moral high ground and give advise, (because you're not point scoring are you?) get your own house in order first.

And please, do us both a favour by not trying to explain, justify, deny what happened when you weren't even there.

And do yourself a favour by not saying her behaviour wasn't as bad as the drunk, neither are acceptable.

Edited by george.m

thats trophy number 1 retained.

good nights racing considering it was the first of the season.

Cookie, Sam and sedgy as expected.

Wolbert, Rob and Max once they get their gating sorted they will be fine got the speed just couldn't get out the tonight.

Riss was promising wasn't off the pace and got round the track smoothly.

Once all the boys get the gating sorted and Erik gets going most teams will take a beating

When the tigers come back for real stuff we will give them a good beating.

• Like 1

Considering they were missing nearly half their side I should think Glasgow will be well satisfied with that, something of a moral victory.

• Like 1

EDINBURGH 'Border Roofing' MONARCHS...51

1. Craig Cook © 3,2¹,2¹,2¹,Ret = 9+3

2. Justin Sedgman 1,3,3,3 = 10

3. Kevin Wolbert 2,2,1,1¹ = 6+1

4. Erik Riss 0,1¹,0 = 1+1

5. Sam Masters 3,3,3,3,3 = 15

6. Max Clegg 1¹,0,1,Ex = 2+1

7. Robert Branford 2,0,2¹,2,2 = 8+1

Another trophy in the bag, Top 2 looked fine, Sedgy too after 1st race, the Germans were on their tractors and the reserves? Rob Branford scored well and Max pulled half a lap on Perks for his 2nd point.

The Eric Linden of the interweb :approve: Good stuff, did you enjoy the meeting, mate? Couldn't make it maself - the reason why I refuse to comment - was at a 50th, still all was not lost, one has just timmed his stanes and she wisnae 50!! YHYH :t:....and here is me, fowk anonimity, fed up with speedway after 40 year. but haven't chucked it completely! So as you are obviously at most Scottish derbies, our paths are sure to cross.......tell you all aboot her, she's a bit of a boot, but like I say YHYH.....forget the speedway, be cool and pelt!!

Edited by mervjankefanclub
  • Like 1

I think Glasgow got the moral victory here. To run Edinburgh to only 9 points missing 3 riders can only augur well for the league meeting. Can see the bragging rights in Scotland shifting

• Like 3

Harsh on STEVIE George.....

He lost to Sam in 4 Cook and Sedgy in 6 team rode Pavlova to a 5_1in 9 and had no chance in 13.

Visiting 5s will struggle to better that Do you think Morris would do better?

I'm not that sure it is harsh. I'm judging him on his speed not finish positions.

For a rider who had a 10.11 home average last year (according to the official needing updated Monarchs website) he wasn't consistently in the mix up front in races. It's still early doors this season and it's not a criticism of him, just an observation of his performance last night.

Yes, I actually do think Morris will do better, sincere reply.

Edited by george.m

EDINBURGH 'Border Roofing' MONARCHS...51

1. Craig Cook © 3,2¹,2¹,2¹,Ret = 9+3

2. Justin Sedgman 1,3,3,3 = 10

3. Kevin Wolbert 2,2,1,1¹ = 6+1

4. Erik Riss 0,1¹,0 = 1+1

5. Sam Masters 3,3,3,3,3 = 15

6. Max Clegg 1¹,0,1,Ex = 2+1

7. Robert Branford 2,0,2¹,2,2 = 8+1

Was good to read that Glasgow had a big crowd for the opener.Very positive, and good to see both sides could end up near the top of the league if not top.Always hope Kevin gets back to the form he showed when he first went over and if Erik gets going the side looks very strong.Still not sure who is the most talented of the Riss brothers though.Maybe you have signed the weaker of the two,but that augers well for the future if Mark joins his brother :t:

I have to admit the Drunk was out of order, swearing and giving the finger to all Monarchs rider, and to Stevie Worrall who was riding for his team, biggest disappointment was all the young kids around, especially the two standing close to me who were new to Speedway.....Glasgow may have spend £900k this year, but they need to weed out this lout, before he turns off families, with young kids, who it has to be remembered are the future.

But not a bad meeting, Sam, Sedgy and Cookie were excellent, Agent need his new engines, but did look good coming from the back, Erik, will come good, as he put lots of effort in and has a great style, Rob had a great night, and could have had more points.....but the improvement in Young Max from last year is really quite superb and they will be lots more to come from him and Rob.....well done lads

Unfortunately most if not all clubs have there idiots and to single one incident that just happens to be a Glasgow fan say's more about you feeling the need to criticise about it than it does the was going to say idiot but i wasn't there so can't really comment but as George say's we all have them

In fact a couple off years back i was threatened by an Edinburgh fan after i passed comment when he cheered and made comments when a Glasgow Rider fell off his bike and he then told me he would shove a Bud bottle were the sun don't shine, when i pointed out to him that it was me that was holding the said bottle and the only cavity that it would be entering would be his he then made a swift exit.

So really don't criticise one man and his dog for poor behaviour when you lot have your fair share off idiot's also.

P.S we have a couple off spare seats in the car for the trip to Berwick today if anyone is looking for a lift we will be leaving Paisley around 2pm