British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow Tigers V Berwick Bandits - 5th April - League Cup

With Paulco off on Swally Tours this weekend and currently working to pay for it, I'm left holding the baby - thankfully this weekend we become "pram friendly" at Glasgow!

After last week’s Grand Launch of the all new Tarmacfield (all the Ash is gone now) it’s down to the serious stuff of a League Cup meeting against the Berwick Bad-nits. And yes we’ll have our new undersoil heating for drying out the track (OK I’ll admit it, I believed it for a split second …. OK an hour)

For those who missed it, a speedway meeting took place last Sunday.

Don’t go by t’internet social media reaction!

What wasn’t missed by the Tiger’s Loyal was a Tiger’s win against – “them”.

Our new team did us proud, both on the track and afterwards off it - saying the right things on FaceCook.

How embarrassing was that last Monday night?

Someone must now be wishing he’d counted to ten before bashing the keyboard.

He really should’ve known better!

Allegedly a well-known journalist was last seen wearing a mask on Tuesday.

So back to the speedway ….

Our boys are busy before Sunday.

Good Friday some are using the E-Lites League for practice, others are at dog-friendly Armadug getting junior track practice and on Saturday the Bad-nits host us at the Bring-Your-Thermals Shielfield stadium. So by Easter Sunday our boys should have blown away the close season cobwebs and we’ll get to see them getting "dialled into" their new home track - speedway talk there – Nigel Piercedlip eat your heart out.

Assuming the 4 brave souls who, out of a sense of duty, take to the trick track on Friday avoid going home in an ambulance (where have I read that recently?), the Tigs will line up as:

1. Richard Lawson – money on him breaking his own new track record

2. Dimitri Berge – yessssssssssssss he’s back!

3. Aaron Summers (no longer Ann)

4. Kozza (according to STV he has no surname)

5. Nick, nick Morris (ask your mum or dad)

6. Victor Palovaaaaaaraaaaa (sticking keyboard)

7. James Sargeant

For the Banditos

1. Matej Cous Cous (no idea if he is, just wanted to type Cous Cous))

2. Matic Voldrih

3. Kevin Doolan

4. Tam Jorgensen

5. Claus Vissing

6. Alex Edberg

7. Luke Crang

And there you have it, we have 15 heats of 4 men riding around in circles for 4 laps to look forward to … The Winalot Tigers vs. The Berwick Underdogs.

After last week, Glasgow Speedway is now “family” friendly – not what you’re thinking - no Minions this week – rather we now have a pram track, with no truth in the rumour the Second half will feature pram racing!

However, please remember Rover can’t cock his leg in our new shiny den – so he can always "watch your car mister" on a nearby street!

Come early … and spend your readies on Tiger’s Tat, bevvy and burgers – it all goes to a good cause!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 8

Not bad at all.....

Sam Masters will be Berwick's #1 on Sunday however -- Matej K is being saved for Shielfield fixtures.

With Paulco off on Swally Tours this weekend and currently working to pay for it, I'm left holding the baby - thankfully this weekend we become "pram friendly" at Glasgow!

After last week’s Grand Launch of the all new Tarmacfield (all the Ash is gone now) it’s down to the serious stuff of a League Cup meeting against the Berwick Bad-nits. And yes we’ll have our new undersoil heating for drying out the track (OK I’ll admit it, I believed it for a split second …. OK an hour)

For those who missed it, a speedway meeting took place last Sunday.

Don’t go by t’internet social media reaction!

What wasn’t missed by the Tiger’s Loyal was a Tiger’s win against – “them”.

Our new team did us proud, both on the track and afterwards off it - saying the right things on FaceCook.

How embarrassing was that last Monday night?

Someone must now be wishing he’d counted to ten before bashing the keyboard.

He really should’ve known better!

Allegedly a well-known journalist was last seen wearing a mask on Tuesday.

So back to the speedway ….

Our boys are busy before Sunday.

Good Friday some are using the E-Lites League for practice, others are at dog-friendly Armadug getting junior track practice and on Saturday the Bad-nits host us at the Bring-Your-Thermals Shielfield stadium. So by Easter Sunday our boys should have blown away the close season cobwebs and we’ll get to see them getting "dialled into" their new home track - speedway talk there – Nigel Piercedlip eat your heart out.

Assuming the 4 brave souls who, out of a sense of duty, take to the trick track on Friday avoid going home in an ambulance (where have I read that recently?), the Tigs will line up as:

1. Richard Lawson – money on him breaking his own new track record

2. Dimitri Berge – yessssssssssssss he’s back!

3. Aaron Summers (no longer Ann)

4. Kozza (according to STV he has no surname)

5. Nick, nick Morris (ask your mum or dad)

6. Victor Palovaaaaaaraaaaa (sticking keyboard)

7. James Sargeant

For the Banditos

1. Matej Cous Cous (no idea if he is, just wanted to type Cous Cous))

2. Matic Voldrih

3. Kevin Doolan

4. Tam Jorgensen

5. Claus Vissing

6. Alex Edberg

7. Luke Crang

And there you have it, we have 15 heats of 4 men riding around in circles for 4 laps to look forward to … The Winalot Tigers vs. The Berwick Underdogs.

After last week, Glasgow Speedway is now “family” friendly – not what you’re thinking - no Minions this week – rather we now have a pram track, with no truth in the rumour the Second half will feature pram racing!

However, please remember Rover can’t cock his leg in our new shiny den – so he can always "watch your car mister" on a nearby street!

Come early … and spend your readies on Tiger’s Tat, bevvy and burgers – it all goes to a good cause!

Excellent preview,however you forgot the most important thing ,you never gave the referees report from last week, bet it wasn't as good as a track near you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 3

Excellent preview,however you forgot the most important thing ,you never gave the referees report from last week, bet it wasn't as good as a track near you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure Berwick`s track reports will be a regular feature on every Berwick review from now on.

16. Luke Crang 2+1,2, 6, 3, 3 = 16+1

do you owe someone money Robin another name change Edited by Goodiepatchie

do you owe someone money Robin another name change

He`s the World Name Changing Champ. :D

• Like 1

Fabulous result tonight, should bring a few more through the gate tomorrow, cannae wait!

Fair play to the tigers for turning it around last night looking forward to coming up today to witness your new improved facilities. Full bus load coming up to see the bandits make amends for last night should be a fun day

Popping thru for a wee visit today. Gonna bring my grandad along, a speedway and tiger fan since 1939 and my son to his 2nd meet (he's 2). Hope weather behaves and get a great crowd.

• Like 4

After 2 nights of impersonating brass monkeys, I'm looking forward to an enjoyable, warm, dry meeting at the magnificent Peugeot Ashfield Stadium this afternoon. Especially looking forward to seeing overtaking again............. so long as it's Tiggs doing it..........unlike last night's FTGfest. It was good of the Tigers to give the Bandits a wee start, though, so that the finish was exciting.

Nick 'n Dick................. tick

TR Smith (any relation to CR?)............turned the meeting around with a great Heat 8 ride

Aaron.......... fair dinkum

Dimitri............. Tres bien

Victor.............. don't know the Swedish for 'steady contribution' !!

Best wishes for a big crowd and a safe meeting for all riders. Sam Masters could be a bit of a problem but we've got James back.

• Like 1

Well done to Berwick for coming away from moneybags Glasgow with a hard earned point.

How ironic that the so called "Son of God" bottled being in heat 15 and on today of all days

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Glasgow Tigers = 47

1. Richard Lawson - 3, 3, 2, 1* = 9+1
2. Dimitri Berge - 1, R, M, 1* = 2+1
3. Aaron Summers - 3, 1*, 3, 1*, 0 = 8+2
4. Kozza Smith - 1, 2, 1, 2 = 6
5. Nick Morris - 3, 2, 2, 2, 2 = 11
6. Victor Palovaara - 1, 0, 3, 0, 1* = 5+1
7. James Sarjeant - 3, 1, 0, 2 = 6

Berwick Bandits = 43

1. Sam Masters (G) - 2, 3, 3, 0, 1 = 9
2. Matic Voldrih - 0, 0, 2, 1 = 3
3. Kevin Doolan - 0, 1, 3, 3 = 7
4. Thomas Jorgensen - 2, 3, 0, 3, FNS = 8 WITHDRAWN
5. Claus Vissing - 2, 2, 2, 3, 3 = 12
6. Alex Edberg - 2, 1*, 1*, R, 0 = 4+2
7. Luke Crang - 0, 0, X = 0

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14207/glasgow-berwick-15-lc-3pm#ixzz3WSLCX43I

Very creditable performance from Berwick.

• Like 1

Just over 3 hours to run a meeting not bad just as well it was a nice day!

Well done to Berwick on their hard earned point seems the weegies aren't as good as some think they are. :approve: