British Speedway Forum
Robinh88

Looks A Poor Pl 2015

I'd hazard a guess that this season like many before will provide great entertainment as it has done every year since I started watching back in the early 70s

We didn't have the Internet back then so idiotic clowns couldn't constantly post CRAP on a forum

• Like 6

I'd hazard a guess that this season like many before will provide great entertainment as it has done every year since I started watching back in the early 70s

We didn't have the Internet back then so idiotic clowns couldn't constantly post CRAP on a forum

What a wonderfully eloquent reply....

• Like 1

Don't think this needs to turn into a PL v EL debate but I do think there is a clear distinction this year between the top six or seven teams and the rest, and I include Rye House in that after their start. Peterborough are too but not sure if they can recover from their devastating injuries.

• Like 1

Speedway is what it is, a sport run by a few for the few. For me the biggest damage to the sport in this country has been the Grand Prix series. Owners and Promotors of most clubs I would dare say dont really give a toss about the fans, only start to worry when they stop coming. They make rules up then change them when it suits them. No wonder really the whole sport is considered a joke by many.

As a fan of speedway for over 40 years, I find it hard to say that it now holds very little interest for me or my family. I cant see me visiting my local track again. So thats about £80 a week not going into the owners pocket just from my family. I certainly dont consider that we now get value for our money. Get them in, take their money and get them out again as fast as we can attitude doesnt work for me anymore.

• Like 5

Speedway is what it is, a sport run by a few for the few. For me the biggest damage to the sport in this country has been the Grand Prix series. Owners and Promotors of most clubs I would dare say dont really give a toss about the fans, only start to worry when they stop coming. They make rules up then change them when it suits them. No wonder really the whole sport is considered a joke by many.

As a fan of speedway for over 40 years, I find it hard to say that it now holds very little interest for me or my family. I cant see me visiting my local track again. So thats about £80 a week not going into the owners pocket just from my family. I certainly dont consider that we now get value for our money. Get them in, take their money and get them out again as fast as we can attitude doesnt work for me anymore.

Certain Promoters try hard to please, I honestly believe that. At Newcastle, for example, last Season, Supporters were complaining about the Team and the Promoters attempted to change things - they listened. The fact that their Plan didn't work was not their fault - they were shafted by their own organization and daft Rules.

It is too easy to tar all Promoters with the same brush - but - as far as I can see most of them seem to fit in to your description Whiteliner.

Speedway in general isnt value for money. The PL in my opinion is the worst offender on that front. At least in the EL your watching some top riders.

Speedway in general isnt value for money. The PL in my opinion is the worst offender on that front. At least in the EL your watching some top riders.

i agree you get a few gp riders but as a package the elite is poor product when you look at the sweedish league for example that was aired on eurosport last year

• Like 1

That's true - the odd GP Riders - beating Double Uppers and occasionally fast track Reserves.

Big deal that.....

• Like 2

But that's not the case, they are going head to head in most of their races. Heat leaders don't even race reserves.

But that's not the case, they are going head to head in most of their races. Heat leaders don't even race reserves.

What - never?

I must have misunderstood the Rules. What about a Reserve replacement?

Genuine enquiry.

• Like 1

Reserve replacement yes but rarely. They even introduced instant R/R for injuries during meetings. The odd heat leader v reserve race is no different to what you get in the PL and the gap between them can be just as big if not bigger.

Reserve replacement yes but rarely. They even introduced instant R/R for injuries during meetings. The odd heat leader v reserve race is no different to what you get in the PL and the gap between them can be just as big if not bigger.

In my original Post I did state occasionally.

So in that sense I was right.

• Like 1

When Newport opened up in 1997 it was £7 for adults,just used an inflation calculator online and thats £7 is now £10.60 - yet promoters are charging £16. Where the £5.50 gone? Or the nearly 50% extra? The sport charges too much, far too much (and it does that at EL and PL level). But it does make me laugh when anyone claims the EL is a con, a rip off, over charges and that the PL is some sort of great deal. EL prices are £1-2 more, I'd prefer to pay the extra pound or two and see a couple of decent riders and riders racing against others of their standard, not reserves vs heat leaders.

Edited by SCB