British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar Bears V Newcastle Diamonds League Cup Thurs 9th April 2015

Not good to hear long time fans of redcar saying after tonights meeting that they had seen enough already and were considering stopping going. I personally took that decision last season, just how long will Redcar continue that question has to be asked.

Not good to hear long time fans of redcar saying after tonights meeting that they had seen enough already and were considering stopping going. I personally took that decision last season, just how long will Redcar continue that question has to be asked.

Well that does it for me. I am sorry but I cannot watch that. I can take it that we do not have a very good team, I can take getting beaten, but I can not take that miserable excuse for entertainment. It is the track that really pees me off. We have potentially, one of the most exciting tracks in the country, but a bone dry, bald, super slick, road is produced. I do not blame the track curator's,(I think they just work to orders), it's the management I blame. So on that basis, that is the last £16 they are getting out of me. I honestly think Havelock and the Gladders brothers are killing the place. I have heard the argument many times, that some speedway is better than no speedway, well what I saw tonight was not speedway.

• Like 1

Well that does it for me. I am sorry but I cannot watch that. I can take it that we do not have a very good team, I can take getting beaten, but I can not take that miserable excuse for entertainment. It is the track that really pees me off. We have potentially, one of the most exciting tracks in the country, but a bone dry, bald, super slick, road is produced. I do not blame the track curator's,(I think they just work to orders), it's the management I blame. So on that basis, that is the last £16 they are getting out of me. I honestly think Havelock and the Gladders brothers are killing the place. I have heard the argument many times, that some speedway is better than no speedway, well what I saw tonight was not speedway.

STMP was one of the best racing tracks in the country - until Havelock took over, that is.

If anything, in recent seasons it has improved on what it was but its still nowhere near as good as the early days.

Perfect illustration from Newcastle of how a strength in depth team works, apart from Crang only 2pts covering the rest of the side.

Worrying times ahead by the sounds of things for Redcar.

There was a young man from Australia whose problem was memory failure

With his mate on a double, put his team in trouble

For points times two, never let his partner through

With supporters bemused and team mate confused

Despite this small sin the chances of a win

Were smaller than me winning the National!

:party:

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Like 1

There was a young man from Australia whose problem was memory failure

With his mate on a double, put his team in trouble

For points times two, never let his partner through

With supporters bemused and team mate confused

Despite this small sin the chances of a win

Were smaller than me winning the National!

:party:

Or becoming poet laureate!
  • Like 1

From a neutral point of view last night. Racing was good value, viewing very good, other facilities are better than many other tracks. Two years since my last visit, it will not be two before my next.

From a neutral point of view last night. Racing was good value, viewing very good, other facilities are better than many other tracks. Two years since my last visit, it will not be two before my next.

The way things are going I fear that if you do leave it two years there won't be any speedway at Redcar.

Crowds are dwindling and a lot of the hardcore support are very disillusioned with the way things are being run.

diamonds to finish top 6 redcar to finish ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If you'd put a full stop after the second finish rather than the ?s you may well be spot on! :D

Edited by Bear_Bottom

Looked like a decent crowd last night.

Track was poor though. Quite why they graded the dirt where nobody was going and watered that bit and left the inside line (rather than at least drag the dirt onto the inside line where the dirt was originally) baffles me, but hey ho.

Looked like a decent crowd last night.

Track was poor though. Quite why they graded the dirt where nobody was going and watered that bit and left the inside line (rather than at least drag the dirt onto the inside line where the dirt was originally) baffles me, but hey ho.

The Track used to be great in the early days. It is sad reading how things seem to have deteriorated of late.

I'm sorry to have to say it, but " racing was good value". There was passing in heats 1 and 2 (Clownopka screwed up) and in ht 11 (Clownopka screwed up again) and then that was it. All the other races were follow the leader, with all the shale gone and the track bone dry by the end of ht 5. If you enjoyed it great, but for me and many others, it was extremely forgettable and frustrating, when you think what it could have been.