British Speedway Forum
HadrianDog

European Best Pairs

To be honest I don't much care, I've watched it because it's racing, but that's all. The fact that most pairs actually consist of three riders and might well be a different three in each round, makes it a Mickey Mouse event for me.

Does a football team put the same 11 players out on the pitch in every match? But then again, football's a Mickey Mouse sport anyway isn't it?

I'd only allow the third rider to cover for injury.

Say, I dunno, somebody puts a bet on Denmark and then sees one of their top two replaced three times by the reserve, they would be bloody annoyed!! :angry:

Anyway, hopefully GB pull their finger out and enter next year.

• Like 1

I'd only allow the third rider to cover for injury.

Say, I dunno, somebody puts a bet on Denmark and then sees one of their top two replaced three times by the reserve, they would be bloody annoyed!! :angry:

Anyway, hopefully GB pull their finger out and enter next year.

If someone bets on Denmark based on their top 2 they're a mug as they know that the 3rd rider could have a ride.

Does a football team put the same 11 players out on the pitch in every match? But then again, football's a Mickey Mouse sport anyway isn't it?

WTF has football got to do with it? Personally I don't like all these made-up fill-in competitions. I don't like them in the PL and I don't like them at international level. The World Cup and the GPs are enough and I support them as much as possible.

If someone bets on Denmark based on their top 2 they're a mug as they know that the 3rd rider could have a ride.

You sound a barrel of laughs...

You sound a barrel of laughs...

A barrel of laughs who makes a small profit betting no speedway.

It's like saying, "I bet on a team to win by 10 but they only won by 9 due to the TR being used against them" - thats the rules, what what you're betting on.

Maybe if I bet no Denmark and they finish last I can moan because I thought finishing last meant winning?

Anyone betting one something that they don't have a grasp of the rules on it is a mug.

A barrel of laughs who makes a small profit betting no speedway.

It's like saying, "I bet on a team to win by 10 but they only won by 9 due to the TR being used against them" - thats the rules, what what you're betting on.

Maybe if I bet no Denmark and they finish last I can moan because I thought finishing last meant winning?

Anyone betting one something that they don't have a grasp of the rules on it is a mug.

Maybe you should have spoken to Bet 365 in that case to clarify the ruling on a curtailed pairs meeting :lol:

Maybe you should have spoken to Bet 365 in that case to clarify the ruling on a curtailed pairs meeting :lol:

I know the rules of speedway. The Russians won :P Anyway, it's being taken further, I still think they've used a rule that's not relevant. It's not the first time Bet365 have messed up and I've had to go to IBAS about them!

This particular competition is nothing more than a semi-official pre-season invitational tournament. It's not a European Championship, despite the title.

The fast track was always primarily about saving money, but why do not people not grasp that British speedway has to save money otherwise it'll be out of business? Even having a World Champion doesn't bring the fans in anymore - the British leagues used to have all the world champions, but crowds still dwindled.

Unfortunately, the sport is at such a low ebb now that it simply has to cut its cloth according to what's affordable, and not try to compete with leagues paying money they can't afford.

Whether or not we should be sending riders to get experience at privately run open meetings on the Continent is maybe another issue, but it would not be my priority.

Sadly Humphrey you are 100% right.

It is nonetheless so sad that Speedway has sunk low in this Country, both Financially, and in it's Public standing.

I don't have any answers but I do mourn for the Sport I have loved since the early Sixties.

• Like 1