British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Speedway World Cup Team Gb Squad

After the first month of the season is over with what are peoples thoughts on who should be in the World Cup Squad?

Do we run with the tried and tested or throw youngsters in?

This would be my squad of 7

WOFFINDEN

HARRIS

NICHOLLS

LAMBERT

LAWSON

HOWARTH

KING

If Scott cant be persuaded to ride then i would call up Stead. Just please no Kennett!!

• Like 1

Personally wouldn't have Woffy. He didn't want British speedway this season, we ain't gonna win so use Harris & King for experience and put Robert Lambert, Kyle Howarth and Kyle Newman. If we need to have a squad fill it with youngsters not been there not done its.

Personally wouldn't have Woffy. He didn't want British speedway this season, we ain't gonna win so use Harris & King for experience and put Robert Lambert, Kyle Howarth and Kyle Newman. If we need to have a squad fill it with youngsters not been there not done its.

so you would expect people to pay out despite missing our best rider by far. At Kings Lynn id go Woffinden, Lambert, Stead, Harris with King in reserve

so you would expect people to pay out despite missing our best rider by far. At Kings Lynn id go Woffinden, Lambert, Stead, Harris with King in reserve

Up to individuals whether they pay up or not. I value loyalty and this year Woffy hasn't shown any to British speedway so I see no reason to show any to him. GB are not going to win in 2015 so build for the future IMHO.

Other opinions are available, terms and conditions apply ;)

• Like 2

Tai Woffinden doesn't owe British Speedway anything as far as I'm concerned, if he feels its best to cut down on his riding and travelling then I don't blame him for cutting the UK out of his schedule at all. He has to be the first name on the team sheet for me as our one truly world class rider.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 3

Up to individuals whether they pay up or not. I value loyalty and this year Woffy hasn't shown any to British speedway so I see no reason to show any to him. GB are not going to win in 2015 so build for the future IMHO.

so to build for the future we should leave out a 23 year old former world champ!! i appreciate that your entitled to an opnion but thats mad to me. If were building for the future lets leave out Harris. Older and doesnt offer much as a rider

• Like 4

What loyalty has British Speedway shown to Woffinden? For instance in 2013 when he was riding in the SEC and the BSPA afforded him or Wolverhampton no help. Last year he promoted speedway in this country like no other has done, probably at the detriment to his own career. He is the only truly world class rider we have and should always be No. 1 on the team sheet.

• Like 6

Tatum

Louis

Doncaster

Dugard

Havelock

Screen

Loram

:t:

We'd have a chance with that lot!

Woffinden is the future of British speedway for at least the next 10 years (injuries permitting)..!!

Edited by chris4gillian

Wow really

How can you leave out a 23 year old ex world champ and number 4 in the world? He is the future lol

Riders like Stead, Cook , King and Kennett are the riders who have been there not done it.

If anyone seriously thinks leaving out Woffinden is a good idea i think they need their heads tested.

There is no way Kyle Newman as good a rider as he is should be in a World Cup squad. Lawson Lambert and Howarth are all ahead of Newman.

If you think Newman should be in then what about Garrity, Blackbird , Auty, Steve Worrall? All as good if not better than Newman

And i wouldnt have any of them near a Team GB squad personally

Wow really

How can you leave out a 23 year old ex world champ and number 4 in the world? He is the future lol

Riders like Stead, Cook , King and Kennett are the riders who have been there not done it.

If anyone seriously thinks leaving out Woffinden is a good idea i think they need their heads tested.

There is no way Kyle Newman as good a rider as he is should be in a World Cup squad. Lawson Lambert and Howarth are all ahead of Newman.

If you think Newman should be in then what about Garrity, Blackbird , Auty, Steve Worrall? All as good if not better than NewmanAnd i wouldnt have any of them near a Team GB squad personally

I agree, i would have Tai,Scott,Chris, Robert as certainties then as a eight man squad Cook Lawson, Newman,Auty, as back up no Barker who is injured and no King.

Newman and Auty over King?? Dont get that one at all.

• Like 1

Sidney has got a thing about Auty.