British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Scunthorpe (pl) Saturday, April 18th

Quite a meeting at Shielfield tonight, a meeting that Berwick did everything they could to chuck away all the points with engine failure after engine failure, take nothing away from Scunthorpe as they took full advantage and bad had luck of their own with an untimely fall for Wilkinson while leading a crucial Ht14, all credit to the former Bandit for clearing the track when a lesser rider would've got the race stopped.

Hugely encouraging performance from Jorgensen who produced his meeting of the season so far, but there would appear to be lots of hours in their respective workshops for Doolan, Vissing, Edberg and in particular Barker who all suffered engine failures.

Enjoyed watching young Lunna, Scunthorpe look to have signed a good one there.

Enjoyed the meeting tonight, it was nice to see the riders racing on a track that let do just that.

• Like 2

Looks like we've used our get out of jail free card already . But seriously though don't think I've ever seen a meeting with as many engine failures Scunthorpe must be wondering how they managed to lose that meeting let's hope we used up all our bad luck in one meeting

• Like 1

Made hard work of it glad we got the win!! Still a few concerns for me Luke Crang seems to me if the jump from NL to PL is too big just at the minute and Ben Barker I've heard the rumours is Ben broke ? Can he afford new engines machinery? Seems a catch 22 not scoring well doesn't earn you money to improve equipment hope he can get sorted soon as showed in heat one when he's on it he's most certainly on it

I've heard the rumours is Ben broke ?

I heard those rumours from the South West about a month before he signed.

They then signed Fisher (who isn't cheap and anywhere near as prolific/exciting as Barker was)... Which begs the question why did Barker not want to race there and be home within an hour or two?

But then would Edinburgh sign a 9 point rider who had no funds and sub standard machinery?

Why has this happened? Would Lasse Bjerre not have been a better option? Losing out on a rider to Redcar of all bloody clubs again

Ultimately Ben is a Brit and I want to see Ben do well - I found it rather ironic in our PR stated Ben was an automatic pick for Team GB? is he really?

Russia Oz and Polska watch out Ben Barker is coming for you.... Wind up or not whoever writes these Press Releases make me chuckle :lol:

Edited by TheGreenLions

I heard those rumours from the South West about a month before he signed.

They then signed Fisher (who isn't cheap and anywhere near as prolific/exciting as Barker was)... Which begs the question why did Barker not want to race there and be home within an hour or two?

But then would Edinburgh sign a 9 point rider who had no funds and sub standard machinery?

Why has this happened? Would Lasse Bjerre not have been a better option? Losing out on a rider to Redcar of all bloody clubs again

Ultimately Ben is a Brit and I want to see Ben do well - I found it rather ironic in our PR stated Ben was an automatic pick for Team GB? is he really?

Russia Oz and Polska watch out Ben Barker is coming for you.... Wind up or not whoever writes these Press Releases make me chuckle :lol:

Thing is mate to the average dummy that goes and watches Berwick every week they probably want to hear that Barker is an automatic pick for Gb dont they? You and I know he is not, but you have to cater for your audience. Half the Berwick fans dont know what day it is, remember that bloke that asked 'I wonder why Makovskys not riding tonight' 2 seasons after he had retired lol? Says it all really, big John cant lose can he.

One in the eye for all the Jorgensen-bashers last night (one in particular on here, man of many names) who said all winter he wasn't good enough.

• Like 4

Jorgenson signing of the Pl season for sure. 12 points against a dross Scunny side, well done lad.

Jorgenson signing of the Pl season for sure. 12 points against a dross Scunny side, well done lad.

You can only beat who you are racing

One in the eye for all the Jorgensen-bashers last night (one in particular on here, man of many names) who said all winter he wasn't good enough.

The point I was trying to make was

I felt 7.09 could have been used so that collectively we would have a stronger 7. Could we have got a 6 point man who could have got a 7 point average? probably yes then had an extra point or so to play with at the bottom.

Do I think Jorgenson is crap? no I didn't say that. I do remember saying I think Jorgenson is a good rider i.e seeing him beat Joe Screen in Heat 10 back in 2011

Do I think he is worth or was worth a 7 on what I had see him score at Berwick? No he was averaging between 4 and 5 against not the strongest home sides generally.

My argument is now invalid because we have a Number One who will average probably 7, Crang who will do well to get over 3.5 and the rest will probably stay about the same.

So far Jorgenson has exceeded expectations however Scunthorpe consist of riders all about his level. So lets see how he goes when for example Ipswich PBoro and the Scottish sides return. He's on a Heat Leaders average so you could argue he should be scoring 10/5 every week on his home track.

You can only beat who you are racing

Not very much then

Jorgy will improve to over a 10 average now he doesnt have to live in a Caravan at Scunthorpe..just you watch

• Like 3

Made hard work of it glad we got the win!! Still a few concerns for me Luke Crang seems to me if the jump from NL to PL is too big just at the minute and Ben Barker I've heard the rumours is Ben broke ? Can he afford new engines machinery? Seems a catch 22 not scoring well doesn't earn you money to improve equipment hope he can get sorted soon as showed in heat one when he's on it he's most certainly on it

I thought part of Barkers equipment was Steen Jensen`s from last season.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

• Like 1