British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Scunthorpe (pl) Saturday, April 18th

The crowd on Saturday was very poor and if it don't improve I can see the writing on the wall. I think the main reason was the 2 previous meetings when defeat was snached out of the jaws of victory.

Lets hope we we don't get a night like that again with machinery problems and now we have a full team things have got to get better surely

• Like 1

The good thing about Facu Albin was that another club used him before we did, Thank you Sheffield

We have no Number One and one scoring reserve

Answers on a postcard

Edited by TheGreenLions
  • Like 1

The crowd on Saturday was very poor and if it don't improve I can see the writing on the wall. I think the main reason was the 2 previous meetings when defeat was snached out of the jaws of victory.

Lets hope we we don't get a night like that again with machinery problems and now we have a full team things have got to get better surely

Bearing in mind the 1st three matches were local derbies at the start of a season there was a fair few away supporters.The trouble is the entertainment was not great IMO ,therefore don't think many will return as neutral during the season.Things can only get better hopefully.The team is looking a little suspect though,hopefully Hynek will steady the ship a little .

The good thing about Facu Albin was that another club used him before we did, Thank you Sheffield

We have no Number One and one scoring reserve

Answers on a postcard

No Number 1? Presume that you weren't there on Saturday to watch Heat 1? How about against Newcastle? Yes, he was unfit against Edinburgh and two engine failures and a fourth ride on a borrowed bike restricted his scoring on Saturday, but I am delighted to have the rider we've seen in these meetings leading the Berwick team this season.

• Like 1

Facu burnt a few bridges the last time he was here, not so sure he would be welcomed back with open arms ?

Another example of our resident know all knowing nothing, but just as usual making things up to make himself feel important !

Just what i was told on Saturday, I had no reason to disbelieve the rider concerned.

My appologies for taking it at face value without checking. As said the main point was that Allen had a good engine for sale, which seems to have sailed way over some posters heads.

No Number 1? Presume that you weren't there on Saturday to watch Heat 1? How about against Newcastle? Yes, he was unfit against Edinburgh and two engine failures and a fourth ride on a borrowed bike restricted his scoring on Saturday, but I am delighted to have the rider we've seen in these meetings leading the Berwick team this season.

We have a No1 rider, but with all due respect unless there is a massive improvement on the reserve standard equipment, not going to see No1 scores. Absolutely no doubt Ben is a talented rider, but doesn't matter how much he knocks his pan out, if the bikes arn't up to the job then he will seriously struggle.

Edited by TOURETTES
  • Like 3

Can we make the play offs?

Personally don't think they will. Mid table to bottom half I reckon. Reason for that is a lot of Premier League teams have got stronger this season, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ipswich, Somerset, Workington, Sheffield (looking very strong until Simon Stead unfortunate crash) then you have Newcastle, Rye House, both look decent.

Just on Simon Stead, I was sad on a purely selfish note to hear of his injury. I was looking forward to see the likes of him riding against Ben this season. If Ben gets himself fit and on good machinery, battles between him, Claus and the likes of Simon Stead and plenty others, would have been something to look forward to. Simon Stead was brilliant up here last season.

• Like 2

Personally don't think they will. Mid table to bottom half I reckon. Reason for that is a lot of Premier League teams have got stronger this season, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ipswich, Somerset, Workington, Sheffield (looking very strong until Simon Stead unfortunate crash) then you have Newcastle, Rye House, both look decent.

Just on Simon Stead, I was sad on a purely selfish note to hear of his injury. I was looking forward to see the likes of him riding against Ben this season. If Ben gets himself fit and on good machinery, battles between him, Claus and the likes of Simon Stead and plenty others, would have been something to look forward to. Simon Stead was brilliant up here last season.

Stead would've taken a bit of stopping on Saturday, but I`m sure Sheffield will come up with a more than adequate guest. Unfortunately David Bellego will be absent on Saturday to having picked up a hip injury that will keep him out for something like six weeks.

Sheffield website announces immediate replacement for Bellego will be Jason Garrity.

Pity, could have been some good racing, David trying to prove a point. Makes it easier for Berwick on Sat, depending on who they have as guest for No1