British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs - League Cup 19th April 2015

More chance of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup than that happening , Blobs . Face it , the smug days are over :P

The smug days hit a slight bump on the road but by around 9pm on Friday i'll be feeling as smug as ever i'm the world will know all about it. ;)

Can we not talk about hibs please between them and today my weekend has been ruined.

Edited by Mr Blobby

The smug days hit a slight bump on the road but by around 9pm on Friday i'll be feeling as smug as ever i'm the world will know all about it. ;)

Can we not talk about hibs please between them and today my weekend has been ruined.

Hahahaha 1902 , the last time Hibs won the Scottish Cup and the last time the Monarchs faithful never had a whinge after a pumping :P

Every rider will try to anticipate the gate, it's their job! Frede Schott used to say, "if you don't break the tapes now and again, you're not trying hard enough"

That's been the Monarchs secret of success then.Pay of the ref first though.

Hahahaha 1902 , the last time Hibs won the Scottish Cup and the last time the Monarchs faithful never had a whinge after a pumping :P

at least i've seen one of my teams lift the scottish cup the other still living in hope but trips to hampden as a hibee never seems to go very well these days.

That's been the Monarchs secret of success then.Pay of the ref first though.

that's why we're skint now. :P

Cook is an irrelevance , as we saw today , Masters will be Edinburgh's main man before the season is out

I wouldn't be shocked if Masters is the Monarchs #1 in May you know.

One thing that is noticeable is the number of times races are called back for James Sargeant anticipating the start is getting out of hand.watch him last season on TV. Matches and he was the same.Called back today, then the ref let the rerun go when he did the same thing.Only my opinion though.

Thing is, he doesn't roll (watch him!) and you can't anticipate it as often as he does and get it right and not touch the tapes. I think he's just an amazing gater.

More chance of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup than that happening , Blobs . Face it , the smug days are over :P

I think you mean't there's more chance of the tax dodgers winning anything !! and I am not a hibs fan

Thing is, he doesn't roll (watch him!) and you can't anticipate it as often as he does and get it right and not touch the tapes. I think he's just an amazing gater.

Couple of times today he was well in front at the first bend , and that wasn't the two he got pulled back for

Masters going to number 1 might not be a bad thing for Craig it might actually help him get going and back to the form we all know he is capable of IMO.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Masters going to number 1 might not be a bad thing for Craig it might actually help him get going and back to the form we all know he is capable of IMO.

I had this conversation on Friday night with someone.

It leaves less pressure on him and it means he can then push on to get that #1 jacket back.

The refs don't though.

Impressed with the refurbishment of Saracen Park and the Facennas should be pleased with the healthy attendance today.

Was standing on the back straight which provided a good view, the only problem being the PA was not always audible.

Given that it was sunny & windy it was not surprising that it was slightly dusty, despite frequent watering.

As a unit, Tigers were a well balanced 1 - 7, for whom Summers was better than I expected, whereas Lawson was not a dominant home number one.

Masters was the stand out rider on show, and but for his contribution we would have been beaten more convincingly.

BTW is Branford the first rider to be penalised for thoughtlessly returning to the pits prior to ht 12's re-run ?

Friday's return leg should "interesting", given that Serjeant will probably be riding for Coventry instead of Tigers :unsure:

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 2

Impressed with the refurbishment of Saracen Park and the Facennas should be pleased with the healthy attendance today.

Was standing on the back straight which provided a good view, the only problem being the PA was not always audible.

Given that it was sunny & windy it was not surprising that it was slightly dusty, despite frequent watering.

As a unit, Tigers were a well balanced 1 - 7, for whom Summers was better than I expected, whereas Lawson was not a dominant home number one.

Masters was the stand out rider on show, and but for his contribution we would have been beaten more convincingly.

BTW is Branford the first rider to be penalised for thoughtlessly returning to the pits prior to ht 12's re-run ?

Friday's return leg should "interesting", given that Serjeant will probably be riding for Coventry instead of Tigers :unsure:

All good Banter on here from the supporters.

On a serious safety note the reason Robert returning to the pits was because he noticed his fuel cap was missing.

Surely there has to be give and take in the rule as to ride without a cap is a serious safety issue with fuel splashing over everything including the rider.

Was there not a clerk of the course that could have relayed this to the referee.

Chopper

All good Banter on here from the supporters.

On a serious safety note the reason Robert returning to the pits was because he noticed his fuel cap was missing.

Surely there has to be give and take in the rule as to ride without a cap is a serious safety issue with fuel splashing over everything including the rider.

Was there not a clerk of the course that could have relayed this to the referee.

Chopper

Could the fuel cap have not be brought from the pits and then fitted to the bike on track within the 2 mins time allowace ?

• Like 2

Agree. We also know from Coventry that if he doesn't gate then he can also race. Have seen him do it lots at Brandon. He has only just made the step up from NL to PL on a full time basis, can just see him getting better & better.

• Like 2

Could the fuel cap have not be brought from the pits and then fitted to the bike on track within the 2 mins time allowace ?

Fair point, and no complaints with the exclusion, rules are rules..... But, how is he supposed to relay the information to the pits? If he got off the bike and ran up and down the hill in full gear he'd be out of time anyway.

For those who haven't sampled the excellent facilities at Ashfield but are old, like me, it is like the old Bradford pits..... Cracking idea but the mechanics have to be fit (and remember to put the fuel cap on). These things happen but "lessons have been learned"