British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Czech Sgp Prague

Did the start tapes work ok?

Didn't use the tapes as all the riders were doing their starts on the back straight, I am sure we have everything crossed for tomorrow.

Been to practice, missed the first 10mins but I saw all the riders take to the track apart from Pedersen. Looked like there was a bit of a rut developing on the excit of turn four.

Our hotel sells them, I got two 24hr tickets for 220 Czeck krouns.

Remember to stamp them when you get on whichever mode of transport you use. They like an on the spot fine over there. Unless of course they've changed the system

Remember to stamp them when you get on whichever mode of transport you use. They like an on the spot fine over there. Unless of course they've changed the system

All legal here. ;)

Though I was speaking to one particular Czech rider who told not to bother with tickets as they don't check them, but I always but one, they are so cheap after all.

So no passing? Nothing new there then. :wink:

RIDERS seemed happy with track, as well they might after the last two, and there was plenty of dirt. Lack of passing isn't always down to the track. Any SGP rider worth his salt who makes the start should be capable off staying there.

• Like 2

Been to practice, missed the first 10mins but I saw all the riders take to the track apart from Pedersen. Looked like there was a bit of a rut developing on the exit of turn four.

Our hotel sells them, I got two 24hr tickets for 220 Czeck krouns.

I think that rut has been there for a good few years! ;)

RIDERS seemed happy with track, as well they might after the last two, and there was plenty of dirt. Lack of passing isn't always down to the track. Any SGP rider worth his salt who makes the start should be capable off staying there.

Can I make a suggestion to any of you that haven't worked it out already.

Read, digest and ignore anything Mr R, says about any track and what the riders say.... :t:

It's generally a load of bollox :rolleyes:

• Like 2

okay lets try speaking some truth, if the riders like the track then it will be as smooth and slick as the M25, make no bones about it the riders see meetings as just another day at the office and in turn another pay day, more days in the office mean more pay days, grippy and rutty tracks risk less days in the office!!...why would they care that there is no entertainment for the paying public?...most riders cant ride grippy and rutty tracks because all they have ever been brought up on his slick tracks.

Speedway is in the world of entertainment, lets be honest as far as value for money goes speedway is lagging behind, tonight for example the meeting will be nigh on two and half hours long and yet with only 23 minutes maximum of entertainment at the very most.

• Like 1

Latest statement re Marketa:- The Czech Republic FIM Speedway Grand Prix will stay in Prague for the next three years after Autoklub Marketa signed a new three-year deal to host the event until 2018.

Hope tonights racing justifies that contract.

Read, digest and ignore anything Mr R, says about any track and what the riders say.... :t:

THANKS for your vote of confidence. Take a look at Tatum's Track Talk at speedwaygp.com

okay lets try speaking some truth, if the riders like the track then it will be as smooth and slick as the M25, make no bones about it the riders see meetings as just another day at the office and in turn another pay day, more days in the office mean more pay days, grippy and rutty tracks risk less days in the office!!...why would they care that there is no entertainment for the paying public?...most riders cant ride grippy and rutty tracks because all they have ever been brought up on his slick tracks.

Speedway is in the world of entertainment, lets be honest as far as value for money goes speedway is lagging behind, tonight for example the meeting will be nigh on two and half hours long and yet with only 23 minutes maximum of entertainment at the very most.

Go watcher a golfer play in a tournament and you will only see about 16 minutes of action in 16 hours

Go horse racing and see about 8 minutes action in 3 hours

Go greyhound racing and see 6 minutes action in 3 hours

Makes Speedway seem jet propelled.

• Like 2

You are such a optimist, i think NOT!!!

Well i wouldn't form an opinion based on anything that 'man at the track' Phil Rising writes before reading the enlightenments of 'man at the ironing board' Jacques. :wink:

Edited by pugwash

So the last two GP'S there's been moans regarding track preparation, justifably. So if Olsen prepares a smooth rut free track, he is in a know win situation with you then!!

Thought Tomas Topinka does the Prague track #KingsLynn Legend!!