British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

. Why ride here , I don't know , maybe we should ask . Kevin Doolan Cameron Woodward. Kozza Smith, Mark Lemon, Dave Watt .Josh Graszonech , Arthur Sissis, Jason Doyle ,Troy Batchelor, nick Morris ,Dakota North, Justin Sedgeman,Cameron Heeps or Alex davies ,, why they bother , why not just bypass us and go straight to Poland .?.or maybe you could answer Sidney

train the riders until they are of a decent standard . then dance to the tune of the leagues they choose to prioitise . that's what your saying isn't it

Are you serious Speedi ? Or is this a tongue in cheek comment.

Are you serious Speedi ? Or is this a tongue in cheek comment.

serious . come on Sid , what do you think ? .

The only people on here with any hint of suggestion we shouldn't be picking Tai are those with agendas.

Either they don't like Tai, they don't like Aussies or they don't like GP's.

In one case its likely all three.

Guilty on that score BW.

Who is likely to be against all three? Go on - tell me - I'll keep your secret.

I still think Tai made the correct decision by the way. (Just in case anyone thought it was me). :o;):D

Can't be me, I love to watch the riders racing to be World Champ, I don't dislike Tai but do his decision, what was the last thing .... 😆

The only people on here with any hint of suggestion we shouldn't be picking Tai are those with agendas.

That'll be me then ..and if it were anyone else spouting this crap ,i might have given reasonable thought to it , but it's not so you will get the attention to your rantings that you deserve ............ None ..

I love GP"s

Being British I guess I prefer Brits to Aussies but I don't dislike them.

I Like tai but feel he has let British speedway fans down by turning his back on riding here.

So Not me then :)

Edited by robert72

That'll be me then ..and if it were anyone else spouting this crap ,i might have given reasonable thought to it , but it's not so you will get the attention to your rantings that you deserve ............ None ..

I'm afraid you will find I am not ranting, that's your mantle.

Still got that chip on your shoulder about Aussie riders I see.

What you would prefer is no Aussies are allowed so sub standard riders can populate the teams instead.. correct?

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

The very question of Tai not riding for Team GB is one of the most ludicrous things i have ever heard... :rolleyes:

• Like 9

The very question of Tai not riding for Team GB is one of the most ludicrous things i have ever heard... :rolleyes:

spot on

Cannot believe that this subject has gone to 5 pages long.

Is it not the objective of any team to put out the best possible team out to at least try and win.

Of course the answer is yes.

So when we have one at most two proven World Class riders why do we want to drop a rider who has a World Championship Gold medal on his CV to be dropped.

Tai has not said that he does not want to ride for Team GB, only that he wants to give league over a miss, as he finds it too demanding for less financial reward, he is not the first and he won't be the last to come to that conclusion.

In any other country the suggestion of dropping a World Class sportsman of any sport should be dropped because he plies his trade in another country would be dismissed out of the water.

Of course Tai should be chosen, he should be the first name on the list, with Bomber Harris's name not far behind.

• Like 3

Guilty on that score BW.

Who is likely to be against all three? Go on - tell me - I'll keep your secret.

I still think Tai made the correct decision by the way. (Just in case anyone thought it was me). :o;):D

You never answered my question BW. ;)

You must have forgotten. ;)

In any other country the suggestion of dropping a World Class sportsman of any sport should be dropped because he plies his trade in another country would be dismissed out of the water.

Correct as in Speedway thou more so in Poland it would not be allowed to happen in the first place ...As I ask before what riders from the main nations don't ride in there own league ?

Correct as in Speedway thou more so in Poland it would not be allowed to happen in the first place ...As I ask before what riders from the main nations don't ride in there own league ?

Who cares.

Tai has won the World Championship and if leaving British Speedway helps him to win a few more - then GOOD LUCK to him and meanwhile we can bask in the Glory of having a British World Champion again.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

Who cares.

Tai has won the World Championship and if leaving British Speedway helps him to win a few more - then GOOD LUCK to him and meanwhile we can bask in the Glory of having a British World Champion again.

So you only care about tai future and not British speedway future that sums you up.

So you only care about tai future and not British speedway future that sums you up.

You raising this matter up, sums you up. Tai's success is British success.

• Like 7