British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

I understand that they have Track Covers and Drainage.

Unlimited restrictions I hope.

There are a number of restrictions in place from the planning permission:

For example, meetings can be held on Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays only - 18:00 to 22:30

There shall be no more than 43 meetings during the main season of which no more than 25 meetings will be held on Fridays and no more than 18 meetings on Wednesdays or Saturday
There shall be 7 hours of practice sessions 3 of which will be Sundays (main season) or Saturdays (out of season). The practice sessions shall start no later
than 12:00 (midday) and finish no later than 18:00.
  • Like 1

There are a number of restrictions in place from the planning permission:

For example, meetings can be held on Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays only - 18:00 to 22:30

There shall be no more than 43 meetings during the main season of which no more than 25 meetings will be held on Fridays and no more than 18 meetings on Wednesdays or Saturday
There shall be 7 hours of practice sessions 3 of which will be Sundays (main season) or Saturdays (out of season). The practice sessions shall start no later
than 12:00 (midday) and finish no later than 18:00.

Thanks for that Matt. :t::approve::)

and before you go in ,after you come out , what do you do ? stand outside an office block with a can of beer ?

At Friends Arena, yes that have been the case. However, adjacent to the arena, a new large shopping mall will open in November so there will be cafés. restaurants,

pubs, bars and etc for future events but obviously not for this year.

I also think the date is not very suitable. It's late September and we're well into the autumn. Sure it can be quite nice but it's not the same as the summer (especially if the weather is nice).

Will the terrace on the back be decent terracing and not the crap you find at Leicester etc where you can't see if you're 2/3 people deep.

From the photos and design pictures I seen it looks like the back straight will be layered terraces so I should think you will be able to see even further back, unless you are short that is.

The views will unrestricted from all points in the stadium, this was carefully worked on by the designers and contractors. This is a massive project and no disrespect to liecester but this is a whole different world

• Like 1

Can't wait to see the finished stadium, let the track be the best ever

JUST back from a two hour site visit with Chris Morton, David Gordon and Peter Collins. Had no idea of the scale of this project until now. It's huge and nothing like anything else that speedway has seen in this country. The outline of the 350 yards, very wide track is beginning to take shape and, of course, that will be the vital element.

But everything about the place is first class, even the sound barrier which cost over £1 million and when you actually see it you know why. The main grandstand which is rapidly coming to fruition will be a spectacular facility both from a viewing point of view but also as a restaurant.

And remember this is a stadium being built specifically for speedway and available throughout the week. We will have more and latest pix in SS in a couple of weeks but at a time when there is, understandably, so much negativity around speedway in this country this is a very bright beacon of light.

No praise is too high for Chris Morton and David Gordon, both BV through and through, for seeing this mammoth operation come to fruition.

• Like 5

I'm looking forward to visiting the stadium at sometime in the future, and I'm sure I will be impressed by everything. But my visit will be tinged with sadness. Sadness at the fact that the Stadium is 30+ years to late.

Stadiums like the new Belle Vue should have been built at a time when the sport was doing well. Promoter took the easy option of setting up in rented stadiums instead of investing in stand alone stadiums. When teams were kicked out, no-one had the vision to build there own stadium, they just moved onto the next stadium that would rent them the space.

Planning laws were different then, NIMBY's didn't have as much influence, the sport should have had the vision and the funds to progress the sport without the need to rely on the whims of a Landlord.

Edited by pvm
  • Like 1

JUST back from a two hour site visit with Chris Morton, David Gordon and Peter Collins. Had no idea of the scale of this project until now. It's huge and nothing like anything else that speedway has seen in this country. The outline of the 350 yards, very wide track is beginning to take shape and, of course, that will be the vital element.

But everything about the place is first class, even the sound barrier which cost over £1 million and when you actually see it you know why. The main grandstand which is rapidly coming to fruition will be a spectacular facility both from a viewing point of view but also as a restaurant.

And remember this is a stadium being built specifically for speedway and available throughout the week. We will have more and latest pix in SS in a couple of weeks but at a time when there is, understandably, so much negativity around speedway in this country this is a very bright beacon of light.

No praise is too high for Chris Morton and David Gordon, both BV through and through, for seeing this mammoth operation come to fruition.

Yes. Until you get into the actual building site do you see the scale of the whole thing.

As you say the outline of the track is taking shape and the track outline feels bigger than 350 meters. The width of the track is mahooosive.

• Like 1

GREAT. Had dinner with him and Angie tonight. Wonderful memories, we go back a long way. He is fully recovered and in terrific form over a gigantic Chinese meal.

• Like 1

Who is the senior driving force behind this project? My guess is it would be David Gordon?

If so, he should be given the senior role in the BSPA and direct a New Track Building Programme which should be set-up to deliver a new generation of dedicated speedway stadia around the country.

The only real way to see the sport prosper in this country; top class tracks in bespoke modern facilities.