British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Workington (lc) Saturday, May 2

This never happens. First race rarely before ten past seven.

And there in lies the problem, I think it would be a great idea to get the bikes lined up as in years gone by, but we need introductions done promptly and the riders on their bikes for their parade soon after, all done and dusted for Ht1 at 7pm, sadly with our presenter I cant see that happening.

• Like 1

I though that the idea of having the parade at 6:45 was so racing could start at 7pm , aren't meetings advertised as " Tapes Up " at 7 ?

• Like 1

To much time wasting with mascots and Dicks come on whos got the best wave :lol:

And there in lies the problem, I think it would be a great idea to get the bikes lined up as in years gone by, but we need introductions done promptly and the riders on their bikes for their parade soon after, all done and dusted for Ht1 at 7pm, sadly with our presenter I cant see that happening.

While he might not have the biggest fan club these don't think you can fault his pre-meeting introductions,he is knowledgable about the opposition riders and gives the mascots there moment to remember (if they want too).Due To the results this season ,he has also been subdued some what as the meetings were progressing.!!!!! Which is a blessing to some fans,especially the away support. Edited by Fromafar

While he might not have the biggest fan club these don't think you can fault his pre-meeting introductions,he is knowledgable about the opposition riders and gives the mascots there moment to remember (if they want too).Due To the results this season ,he has also been subdued some what as the meetings were progressing.!!!!! Which is a blessing to some fans,especially the away support.

Not going to turn this into a Dick Barrie debate, but I will say this about him, you only need to read his piece in the programme each week to know that he has a hell of a knowledge of the sport and certainly would have a few tales to tell. He does give the mascots their moment, which they will probably take away good memories of. I do believe he tries to be entertaining, his attempts to wind-up the opposition fans are probably a genuine attempt at banter, but a lot of people find him old-fashioned and a few even offensive.

• Like 2

Not going to turn this into a Dick Barrie debate, but I will say this about him, you only need to read his piece in the programme each week to know that he has a hell of a knowledge of the sport and certainly would have a few tales to tell. He does give the mascots their moment, which they will probably take away good memories of. I do believe he tries to be entertaining, his attempts to wind-up the opposition fans are probably a genuine attempt at banter, but a lot of people find him old-fashioned and a few even offensive.

Would agree with your summarisation.