British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Workington (lc) Saturday, May 2

I thought someone on the Forum said at the start of the season, that the ambulance situation had been sorted?

Best wishes to the injured riders.

I was tempted to come up for this one tonight. Glad I didn't, by the sound of things.

• Like 1

ah well. that's us done up for the cup. fancy only having one ambulance in Berwick. shocking state of affairs when all the N.H.S. cutbacks creep into your town. cant blame the promotion. just government cutback.

so the next time a track cant get an ambulance to the track in time... don't blame the promoters, blame the government for ,N.H.S. cutbacks and ruining your speedway fix..

did ben get his NEW bikes out of the van or was he just polishing them ?.. happy thrashing.

All the more reason to have two ambulances in ground attendance, or do the paying customers at the turnstile not count in that cost-cutting equation. Shame that the Newcastle idea of medical cover is not mandatory. When Anton Rosen broke a collarbone last week, the delay was minimal- and with no need to cripple Berwick,s own medo. cover to satisfy cover for a sporting injury which should be met by the promotion.

• Like 4

I thought someone on the Forum said at the start of the season, that the ambulance situation had been sorted?

Best wishes to the injured riders.

I was tempted to come up for this one tonight. Glad I didn't, by the sound of things.

Both ambulances were there tonight, fully-equipped as always.

Unfortunately, and unusually, the track doctor wasn't present, leaving only one paramedic.

Sod's law!

All the more reason to have two ambulances in ground attendance, or do the paying customers at the turnstile not count in that cost-cutting equation. Shame that the Newcastle idea of medical cover is not mandatory. When Anton Rosen broke a collarbone last week, the delay was minimal- and with no need to cripple Berwick,s own medo. cover to satisfy cover for a sporting injury which should be met by the promotion.

Just as well seeing it took 2 and a half hours to run the meeting.

Two ambulances and four docs at Brough the last two weeks, though.

Both ambulances were there tonight, fully-equipped as always.

Unfortunately, and unusually, the track doctor wasn't present, leaving only one paramedic.

Sod's law!

track doc was missing last season when the pi55ed paramedic allegations were made wasnt he?? Should make sure cover is sourced better really?

Ben Barker saying: "Hope Alex Edberg is ok... League cup out the way now onto the league, on the plus side really enjoyed track tonight."

​Several folk comment on hoping that Alex is OK, and the track looked almost perfection to most this evening.

Not a great night for Berwick. Three home defeats from three in the League Cup. Crowd was poor tonight, especially when you take away the travelling support. Cold night I suppose but things are not looking good on that front. As for the track, I'm no expert but for me it's not the preparation that's the problem, it's the shape, just too narrow, which given the increasing speed of the bikes, means there are fewer and fewer opportunities to pass.

Don't want to be the harbinger of doom, but I've just got a bad feeling about the future of the club. it has that sinking look to it. Hope I'm wrong.

Not a great night for Berwick. Three home defeats from three in the League Cup. Crowd was poor tonight, especially when you take away the travelling support. Cold night I suppose but things are not looking good on that front. As for the track, I'm no expert but for me it's not the preparation that's the problem, it's the shape, just too narrow, which given the increasing speed of the bikes, means there are fewer and fewer opportunities to pass.

Don't want to be the harbinger of doom, but I've just got a bad feeling about the future of the club. it has that sinking look to it. Hope I'm wrong.

think your right can't see us running next season

don't say things like that..

As for the track, I'm no expert but for me it's not the preparation that's the problem, it's the shape, just too narrow, which given the increasing speed of the bikes, means there are fewer and fewer opportunities to pass.

Wish you wouldn't say things like that - it reminds me of the dear old County Ground, Exeter !! :lol:

Both ambulances were there tonight, fully-equipped as always.Unfortunately, and unusually, the track doctor wasn't present, leaving only one paramedic.Sod's law!

Both ambulances were there tonight, fully-equipped as always.Unfortunately, and unusually, the track doctor wasn't present, leaving only one paramedic.Sod's law!

Sods Law has nothing to do with it IMO ,it's just not the way to prepare for what can happen at a Speedway meeting.Did the track doctor let the promotion at the last minute ?
  • Like 2

Look's like a very eventful meeting?

Wasn't expecting to win being without Harrison/Wells then losing Barrett so early on, but the team has done well to grind out a result, maybe not enough to get to the semi's but a nice win nonetheless!!

Hope both injured riders aren't too badly hurt, had enough of that already this season, get well soon guy's!! :t:

The main problem in Berwick is the fact that the nearest A&E is 50 miles away. When we had an a&e here st johns used to supply 2 ambulances every race night and this worked fine.

You can't compare Berwick to Newcastle because the RVI is only 10 mins away I don't know what the answer is I wish I did

Edited by Tardis
  • Like 1

Alex Edberg has been released from hospital this morning and though he is very sore there are no broken bones, which after seeing his crash last night is something we can all welcome.

• Like 5

Crowd was very poor last night, may have been the weather, may have been the club announcing in a recent newsletter that they had already forgotten about the League Cup, may be losing home meetings so early in the season whatever it is the promotion must be worried and need do something to get the missing fans back before its to late. There were suggestions on here a few weeks back that poor entertainment on track and a few home defeats would see fans voting with their feet, these suggestions were ridiculed as attention seeking, the fact is crowds are dwindling.