British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Scunthorpe (pl) 1/5/15 @ 7.30pm

Well we kick off our league campaign again the scunthorpe Scorpions. A few changes to both sides for this one. Sam Masters will replace Craig Cook at number 1 (very well deserved as well) while craig will move to number 5. Kevin Doolan will guest for Justin Sedgmen who is riding in a GP qualifier in Croatia and we will use R/R for Erik Riss who broke his collar bone while attempting to do a high five with Sedgy after the race at Workington on Saturday.

Scunthorpe Will now have Josh Auty at number 1, they will use R/R for David Howe (shoulder injury i think) Alex Davies will drop to reserve while Nike Lunna will move into the main body of the side. Matt Williamson will fill the other reserve spot instead of Ellis Perks witch looks like a permanent swap.

Edinburgh to win comfortably.

Teams for Friday:

Edinburgh

1. Sam Masters
  2. Erik Riss R/R
  3. Kevin Wolbert
  4. Kevin Doolan (G)
  5. Craig Cook
  6. Max Clegg
  7. Rob Branford

Scunthorpe

1. Josh Auty
  2. David Howe R/R
  3. Nike Lunna
  4. Carl Wilkinson
  5. Theo Pijper
  6. Matt Williamson
  7. Alex Davies

scunthorpe look very week with new balance in the team and not at reserve. 60 + points. this could bankrupt the moanarchs. lol.

Think Davies at reserve will ensure that the Scorps keep it reasonable though I don't see them taking a point from this meeting... Certainly don't see us hitting 60+...

Was wondering which way the Edinburgh management would go, and thought straight away that a guest for Erik and R/R for Justin would've been stronger as everyone bar Sam could've taken an R/R. However, Doolan is a cracking guest and with KW able to take an R/R, I'm more than happy with that setup!!!

Monday's return could be a whole different ball game however...

Edited by Nutz

So Davies is definitely at reserve?

Is anyone able to explain why he is the ONLY rider who started on an assessed/converted/old average who has been revised despite not completing 4 home 4 away?

Surely if Davies has a new average then Luna does too, they've both ridden the same number of home and away meetings. Can anyone explain this one?

I have posted sililar on a number of threads.

The only response has been a wall of silence!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Aw well I sippose ignorance is at least a different response to silence!

• Like 2