British Speedway Forum
TheCookster

Speedway Best Pairs - Esbjerg

People are forgetting that many PL (and NL) riders might of had meetings sunday too, meaning leaves no time to get back from Denmark to race for their teams (i.e Kerr & Worrall at Newcastle). Rosco explained that he was also left with very little choice as a lot of riders simply couldn't afford to get to denmark, or have the right equipment ready in such a short space of time. Luckily Lambert was already their as he was going to be the reserve.

Personally, although its not great to see a non-GB rider respresenting us, so many other sports see their teams with guys who have represented different countries at junior level etc and no one seems to be bothered about that.

Massive hats of to Rory for helping us out and putting in a solid performance. The guy has been involved with british speedway for 15+ years, has an english wife and kids, has british citizenship, and also spends his out of season here too. Thats good enough for me, and he certainly didn't offer a lacklust display so seems he was happy to do so too!

People getting in such a tiff about nothing for me....

Where was Scott Nicholls?

If the BSPA/SCB are prepared to commit a Team to Ride to represent our Country - it should be up to them to guarantee that, in this instance, two British Riders are nominated to ride in the Event.

If they cannot do this then they should respectfully apologise and withdraw from the said Event.

Can anyone please inform us as to why Scott Nicholls was effectively banned from this Event? Surely restriction in Trade must come in to this somewhere. They are preventing him earning money from the Meeting.

I just wonder if the Powers that be are reacting (getting their own back) to Scott's refusal to ride for the National Team at the SWC. If that is so - it is rather childish.

I nearly suggest that Greg Hancock and Robert Lambert could have been paired together but thought that many people would think it silly at the very least.

Why?

Hancock rode for Poole. :shock: :shock: :shock::rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

Can somebody administer the injection for British Speedway and put it out of its misery. Its frankly embarrassing to accept an invite to a competition and then have an Aussie representing us

Fair play to Rory Schlein for doing it. Good job Robert Lambert decided to be a Brit after all or it would be an Aussie and a German.

British Speedway really is a shambles

Frankly ANY British rider would be a better bet than Rory Schlein (again no disrespect to him) as he is not even qualified to ride for GB

Why all the negativity about young Robert Lambert deciding to be British??? He is British through an through, he has a British Passport just because he holds a different licence, why pick on him I watched the meeting and he didn't disgrace himself, he put in a really good performance for his age and I just hope he will be a reserve at the world cup,

Why all the negativity about young Robert Lambert deciding to be British??? He is British through an through, he has a British Passport just because he holds a different licence, why pick on him I watched the meeting and he didn't disgrace himself, he put in a really good performance for his age and I just hope he will be a reserve at the world cup,

I apologise, no negativity intended, I was using it to make a point

• Like 1

And will Rory Schlein be handed one of the wild cards for the British Final as a thank-you?

Move it to Swindon and he'll win it too

A reserve you are joking.?
  • Like 1

Lambert put up a good show,there is no way he will only be reserve WTC ,he should in in the Team.

• Like 1

A reserve you are joking.?

I must admit sidney - I think Lambert should be given his chance for Great Britain early, and stick with him. He will have some bad Meetings along the way, but he will learn.

He is the best prospect I have seen for a very long time.

• Like 1

Why all the negativity about young Robert Lambert deciding to be British??? He is British through an through, he has a British Passport ,[/quote

How many riders born here and have a British passport have gone on to ride for Australia ?

Why all the negativity about young Robert Lambert deciding to be British??? He is British through an through, he has a British Passport ,[/quote

How many riders born here and have a British passport have gone on to ride for Australia ?

Ron Johnson was born in Scotland and went on to ride for Australia

I must admit sidney - I think Lambert should be given his chance for Great Britain early, and stick with him. He will have some bad Meetings along the way, but he will learn.

He is the best prospect I have seen for a very long time.

He really thinks about what he is doing in his racing,he is an in/out racer but his moves on a bike are tremendous.For control reminds me of a young Joe Screen not in style but the ease of the way he races.Also having his best supporters in his Mum/dad and a great team around him helps him he will keep on listening and learning and we might have a GP rider in him in five years time? i hope so.
  • Like 3

I am Australian and have been a regular reader of this site for some time. I felt compelled to make a comment concerning this issue, so i have taken the plunge and become a member.

Firstly, for the sake of the meeting Rory Schlein should be congratulated for filling the GB team role. He did it with fair commitment as well. Not only winning a race but scoring enough points for GB, to see them finish ahead of his native Australia in the final table.

From afar i just cant understand British speedway authorities, who initially want nothing to do with the event. Then they accept an invitation to compete, and know one bothers to ensure just two riders turn up for GB. Even Germany managed a full team of three riders. Once again this can only serve to undermine the respect that British speedway should have on the international stage.

Speedway wants a strong GB at international level.

Come on GB stop shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like 2

From afar i just cant understand British speedway authorities, who initially want nothing to do with the event. Then they accept an invitation to compete, and know one bothers to ensure just two riders turn up for GB. Even Germany managed a full team of three riders. Once again this can only serve to undermine the respect that British speedway should have on the international stage.

It was not an official international event. Perhaps they accepted the invitation with the idea to take a look at certain riders, but maybe the money and timing wasn't good enough to interest riders in an unofficial event. You can easily drive from Germany to Esbjerg, but it's a long old trip from Britain.

It was not an official international event. Perhaps they accepted the invitation with the idea to take a look at certain riders, but maybe the money and timing wasn't good enough to interest riders in an unofficial event. You can easily drive from Germany to Esbjerg, but it's a long old trip from Britain.

But it is doable HA with a bit of planning. Went over with Tomas Topinka to Vojens for the Gold Bar back in 1996. We left straight after the meeting, went to King's Lynn to drop off the dirty bike and get a clean one, and then straight up to Bradford where we were there by 5PM for the Bradford Vs King's Lynn meeting.