British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Berwick V Newcastle Saturday 16th May Premier League

Lindgren and Henry are getting some good scores whereas Lewis R seems to be struggling a bit this season, hope things improve for him.

What's Berwick's parade lap music BTW? Like it...

What's the matter with Lewis Rose? Was expecting a big season from him.

I don't think he is fully fit, I think he is still struggling from the big crash he had at Swindon on Easter Monday Edited by KEITH M

Good team performance well deserved win,heat winning times were slow which maybe could be put down to the strong wind.

Aye, the wind definitely payed a part with regard to the times, slowed down the second hand on the stopwatch.

I'd be more concerned about Lindgren and Hendry if you want a result away from home.

So that's why their number 4 was so poor, they've signed a snooker player!

Hall was excellent and is a great signing. Would also like to say hynek looked like he actually enjoyed track and probably had his best racing in a bandits jacket. Before anyone says he only got 4 points i personally think if he had been at any other position in team rather than no2 his score would have been higher. Bodes well if hynek and richard as i would expect swap positions over the season.

Well anyone who decided to give this meeting a miss and stay at home and watch the SGP would've been disappointed, while GP was another snoozefest this was probably the best meeting I've seen so far this season even if it was bitterly cold again , all the riders in the points , a decent track surface that all the riders could enjoy , plenty overtaking and only 1 last place ( unless you count Bens DX ) , whatever happened during the interval certainly worked , it's usually Berwick who fade in the second half of the meeting but not this week for a change I left Shielfield feeling happy and entertained , hopefully The Bandits can kick on from here and get a few wins under their belts

Unfortunately the crowd was disappointing again , short of physically dragging folks in off the street I don't really see how you can attract more folks in , or get the old fans back , if they don't want to come, they won't come no matter how good the burgers are

• Like 1

The kind of result and meeting that must have emilali boiling :-)

Without doubt the best meeting of the season and probably the best team performance from Berwick. A lot of passing, great manoeuvres from Barker, Vissing and Jorgensen and a welcome result after the negativity surrounding the club.

If you ever get the chance, watch some races from the centre green. To see the speed and hear the noise of the bikes is brilliant. I guarantee you will appreciate the riders all the more for it.

And just a word for the riders. I don't normally see the after meeting goings on, but I was in the box tonight and it was great to see all of them coming amongst the fans, talking and having pictures taken with young ones. Can only be a good thing and I bet the kids all love it.

Lol I think you clearly overestimate the value Berwick speedway hold in my life if you think I would be 'boiling' after they beat a poor Newcastle side. Well done to them on the result but Newcastle like Berwick are one of the poorest teams in the league so I dont think its too much to get excited about personally.

Aye, the wind definitely payed a part with regard to the times, slowed down the second hand on the stopwatch.

Would the wind on their backs not make them quicker the other way???,,, so I can't see how it makes a difference :-(,,, unless the wind was circulating into them :-)

So that's why their number 4 was so poor, they've signed a snooker player!

Cos he's not a number 4, he's really a number tooh,,, especially away from home and he doesn't gate :-(

I know what to expect from Henry and Lindgren and it was not massive improvement. Rose should still be on the upslope of his career though so was hoping for more and the way Newcastle's team is built, we need more.

What's the matter with Lewis Rose? Was expecting a big season from him.

I don't think he is fully fit, I think he is still struggling from the big crash he had at Swindon on Easter Monday

That's what I believe too.

I'd be more concerned about Lindgren and Hendry if you want a result away from home.

Christian Henry was suffering from flu the other week, so might not be fully recovered (?).

Perhaps this will explain the above: http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100397

The upshot from last night was that we had too many last places or non-scoring heats (falls, EF's etc.). Berwick had two all night (Barker's fall and exclusion and Doolan's last place in heat 15).

At least we saw some overtaking last night, but that has to be the poorest attendance I have ever seen at Shielfield.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

That's what I believe too.

Christian Henry was suffering from flu the other week, so might not be fully recovered (?).

Perhaps this will explain the above: http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100397

The upshot from last night was that we had too many last places or non-scoring heats (falls, EF's etc.). Berwick had two all night (Barker's fall and exclusion and Doolan's last place in heat 15).

At least we saw some overtaking last night, but that has to be the poorest attendance I have ever seen at Shielfield.

Have to agree regarding crowd considering it was Newcastle and a local derby.

With the reports of good racing this week, that is most likely enough to motivate me to attend next week.

• Like 2

I think that was the first meeting we've finished a meeting full strength?

Shows we have a pretty solid team, Hall looking an excellent signing. Great to see Alex back and clearly fit.

Jorgensen and Doolan a very solid 3/4 combination, Vissing in sensational form this season and Barker starting get going.

Hynek still a question mark against, for me at least, although he looked a wee bit better.

Crowd looked low for a Newcastle meeting. Hopefully word gets around about a good meeting and we get people through the turnstiles.

I'd be gutted to have no speedway on a Sat night :(

Hopefully it gets a bit warmer, I had to move from 3rd bend due turning a bit soft. Could still hear the huge cheers for the riders coming from the 3rd bend crew who were in fine form!

• Like 1

Shows we have a pretty solid team, Hall looking an excellent signing. Great to see Alex back and clearly fit.

Jorgensen and Doolan a very solid 3/4 combination, Vissing in sensational form this season and Barker starting get going.

Hynek still a question mark against, for me at least, although he looked a wee bit better.

Crowd looked low for a Newcastle meeting. Hopefully word gets around about a good meeting and we get people through the turnstiles.

I'd be gutted to have no speedway on a Sat night :(

Hopefully it gets a bit warmer, I had to move from 3rd bend due turning a bit soft. Could still hear the huge cheers for the riders coming from the 3rd bend crew who were in fine form!

You will have far tougher challenges than the Diamonds to come though.

Well done Berwick, as for us, it just shows that we cant carry anyone really nevermind 2, aswell as RR....we simply arnt strong enough or consistent enough.

What is it you want/need from Hynek? Three home meetings, he's had paid six, paid five and paid six, and beaten an opponent in at least 75% of his races. When you sign a guy with a 4.56 average, if you're expecting maximums, it isn't that likely. What you want is a solid-as-a-rock rider at No 2, who gets a score like he's been delivering every meeting.

One thing that will be hurting him financially would be that he's scoring so many third-place bonus points, which Premier League promotions don't pay for. Maybe some sponsorship would ease his burden?

[quote name="crescent girl" post="2614807" timestamp="1431872968"

One thing that will be hurting him financially would be that he's scoring so many third-place bonus points, which Premier League promotions don't pay for. Maybe some sponsorship would ease his burden?

Id expect more do than dont whatever the official line is.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1