British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Edinburgh Monarchs Sun 17th May Pl

Speedway began at Brough in 1929 on this date 17th May 1929 86 yrs ago, check out the history website www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk

Newcastle Speedway is fairly unique in speedway, we started in 1929 and have never had a change of track, not many tracks in the land can boast 86 yrs at the same location. Newcastle did have another track based at the cities Gosforth Park but they ran alongside Brough Park so cannot by confused with "The" Newcastle Speedway which has always been Brough Park

Newcastle

Lewis Kerr

Anton Rosen R/R

Steve Worrall

Christian Henry

Ludvig Lindgren

Simon Nielsen

Lewis Rose

Edinburgh

Sam Masters
Erik Riss R/R
Kevin Wolbert
Justin Sedgmen

Craig Cook
Max Clegg
Robert Branford

Unfortunately I will miss this match as I will be in Croatia for a holiday with my family. I hope to come back and hear that this match was a cracker with the diamonds taking the points
Edited by dantodan

I too will miss this one, visiting family in Berkshire. Unfortunately, no Reading to go and get a fix. Hope it's a cracking meeting with the Diamonds coming out on top, and no injuries please.

Think the D's won't be as lucky as last night. Safe meeting for all but see a 6 to 8 point away win for Edinburgh.

Masters, Wolbert and Cook could win this on their own

Unfortunately I will miss this match as I will be in Croatia for a holiday with my family. I hope to come back and hear that this match was a cracker with the diamonds taking the points.

I think you might have picked a good time to take your Holiday dantodan. :t:

I am hoping for a 'Diamonds' win - but - to be honest I am not expecting one.

Sorry.

Masters, Wolbert and Cook could win this on their own

Newcastle put on a decent show up there with a 3 man team, but hopefully the rest will turn up at home and take the win,,, our reserves need to be on their game, and the other one too ;-)

• Like 1

Think the D's won't be as lucky as last night. Safe meeting for all but see a 6 to 8 point away win for Edinburgh.

nothing lucky about it last night 2 even teams on track and the best team won :D

I think you might have picked a good time to take your Holiday dantodan. :t:

I am hoping for a 'Diamonds' win - but - to be honest I am not expecting one.

Sorry.

get along and give the lads your support TWK as you'll enjoy it and mat get the bug back :t:

• Like 1

nothing lucky about it last night 2 even teams on track and the best team won :D

get along and give the lads your support TWK as you'll enjoy it and mat get the bug back :t:

Sadly - I can't pienpeesman. I think you know why. I don't want to drag the subject up again. :sad: :sad: :sad:

don't forget to book your seats on the bus we are planning to run to Glasgow on sunday,, it should be a cracking meeting after watching the meeting on sky tonight from Glasgow

Speedway began at Brough in 1929 on this date 17th May 1929 86 yrs ago, check out the history website www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk

Newcastle Speedway is fairly unique in speedway, we started in 1929 and have never had a change of track, not many tracks in the land can boast 86 yrs at the same location. Newcastle did have another track based at the cities Gosforth Park but they ran alongside Brough Park so cannot by confused with "The" Newcastle Speedway which has always been Brough Park

Both me and Barry Wallace were at the first meeting, John.

and none you's look a day older ;-)

• Like 1

Bet you bought Barry a pint and are still waiting for him to get you one back :rofl:

Sunderland 17 year old Gordon Byers won the first ever race at Brough Park on 17th May 1929. Unfortuately Brough closed down in 1930 so you and Barry were out of work until Speedway came back to Brough in 1938.

Edinburgh started in 1928 at Marine Gardens, Seafield Rd., Portobello, Edinburgh so the Monarch beat us by a year!

Can't be at this match cos family comes first. The match promises to be a cracker. I hope to see Cookie and the others later when they ride at Brough

• Like 1

Oliver Greenwood guests in place of Simon Nielsen at reserve tonight

Tough one this hopefully though we can get at least a point from the meeting. Can see both teams top 4's scoring around the same it will come down to the reserves IMO if Erik can pick up any points it will be a bonus.