British Speedway Forum

Really sad to read. There are some horrible people out there. I hope they get caught

Just read the item above, what a set of low lifes there are around now. People used to respect what people had and would never even think twice about taking anything of a sentimental value to a family. What are their chances of selling the bikes its not every day a wetlake speedway bike or a load of racing jackets come up for sale, or was this done for someone to put in their private collection never to see the light of day again. I hope they get caught and the women in question gets everything back.

But I very much doubt it.

It's not like the stuff taken will be of much use to people, and not easy to pass on,,, so it's likely that someone within the speedway world, or even on here will come across/hear of it,,,

(Just read above post),,,

If it's ended up in a private collection, it's probly been stolen to order, by someone who knew it was there,,,

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

Would any true speedway fan stoop so low?. I would like to think no, but as has been said, there is a very limited market. Maybe, though not too likely, pangs of guilt will set in and the items will be returned.

Sadly this sort of thing is indicative of the way things are going at present. I very much hope the stolen Items will be recovered and returned to the rightful Owner.

• Like 1

No chance - two speedway bikes are quite a weight in scrap metal.

Sounds like the intruder knew exactly where to locate the items?

Playing devils advocate only

With the estate going through probate had they been promised to someone else?

£3000 each for an old Wessie and a 90's GM plus 20 x race jackets at £200 each !?! (On insurance docs only and never that price in the real world)

There are 101 different possibilities however I hope the they are located and the correct outcome achieved.

• Like 1

No chance - two speedway bikes are quite a weight in scrap metal.

in the event that they mistakenly ended up on the back of the local metal recyclers flat-bed,,, that could happen...

but, the race jackets ???

There is also a possibility that, a gang of 'nomad Bul-manian pikees' have taken them and shipped them to the 'motherland' in an attempt to start up a speedway league there,,,

Sounds like the intruder knew exactly where to locate the items?

Playing devils advocate only

With the estate going through probate had they been promised to someone else?

£3000 each for an old Wessie and a 90's GM plus 20 x race jackets at £200 each !?! (On insurance docs only and never that price in the real world)

There are 101 different possibilities however I hope the they are located and the correct outcome achieved.

Hmm.. so much of that article really doesn't sit well with me.

Would your average burglar bill go rifling around a bungalow looking for old leathers and some racejackets i wonder..

10k for 2 old bikes and some racejackets sounds like a nice insurance payout to me..

• Like 2

Would any true speedway fan stoop so low?. I would like to think no, but as has been said, there is a very limited market. Maybe, though not too likely, pangs of guilt will set in and the items will be returned.

I'm not sure,but I remember a real speedway rider who stole some gear off another rider.He rode for West Ham funnily enough ;)

Now then, now then iris. do not besmirch the good name of west Ham.

It can't be true, can it?. :nono::nono::nono:

My ******* keyboard only picks up 1 capital letter in 2, so I miss some. :o

My ******* keyboard only picks up 1 capital letter in 2, so I miss some. :o

The likeable rogue tony clarke comes to mind!!

• Like 1

Hmmm!.

• Like 2