British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn V Poole 28/05/15

I agree Speedway must re-invent itself..... I have been working on a plan whilst say at work in the office lol I like my own ideas obviously....

For Speedway to really take off, It must have a team based in London.... must be a site or something that be done in connection with the Olympic Park!

It would be great to have a team based in Belfast also and an "invitational" entry into British Speedway for a team in Dublin.... yes its pie in the sky talk, but.....

I agree Speedway must re-invent itself..... I have been working on a plan whilst say at work in the office lol I like my own ideas obviously....

For Speedway to really take off, It must have a team based in London.... must be a site or something that be done in connection with the Olympic Park!

It would be great to have a team based in Belfast also and an "invitational" entry into British Speedway for a team in Dublin.... yes its pie in the sky talk, but.....

Will never happen.

Better tell the riders that.Nothing to do with the presentation/promotion.

The totally unnecessary interval - after delays approaching an hour - most certainly is down to the promotion.

The sun delay was - to a degree - understandable. The interval most certainly was not.

It's good to see Ashley Morris and Porsing back in the points tonight 👍🏻

Also good to see Holder riding with more confidence.

Can anybody remember how Masters usually is at Brandon? 😉

Edited by mdmc82

The totally unnecessary interval - after delays approaching an hour - most certainly is down to the promotion.

The sun delay was - to a degree - understandable. The interval most certainly was not.

Agree didn't need the interval,but sun delays down to riders you heard a rider say it was dangerous,cant remember who it was now.

It's good to see Ashley Morris and Porsing back in the points tonight

Also good to see Holder riding with more confidence.

Can anybody remember how Masters usually is at Brandon?

Personally didn't think Porsing was that good again,6pts from 15 at second string at home.Thats a 4.8 average at home simply not good enough.Plus he nearly lost us the match in ht 14 not good enough with his first turns.

• Like 1

With the results this week it seems that Coventry are a far superior team than Poole yet the Bookmakers make Poole slight favourutes

• Like 2

Despite what some have said there was little wrong with this meeting that was avoidable except the interval which was short anyway. I thought the presentation was excellent with i believe it was darren fletcher who is always good. Some decent races with a fair bit of passing unfortunately mainly by the stars!

Holder was superb definately back to form, Janowski too bar the last race . Dak North was good at the end and Gomolski tried hard and was on the pace generally which cant be said of Watt or Starke, as i said before the season started Watt is going downhill fast. I will never rubbish Sam Masters again he was excellent as was most of the stars.

With the results this week it seems that Coventry are a far superior team than Poole yet the Bookmakers make Poole slight favourutes

Never judge a Poole team in may, judge us in september.
  • Like 1

You do realise this Poole team won't be the one that goes into the play-offs right?

Where did that come from! Especially with Puk unable to gate for a toffee. Expected those Pirates to walk off with all the points. :party:

Good show from Sam stepping in for Rooboy.

Much improvement from Ashley, was a shame he had to be pulled from one race for the greater good of the team. Keep it up!

Still not convinced with Porsing.

Getting well p1ssed off with this sun break lark. How come it never used to be an issue until the last season or two?

• Like 1

Wow I was so wrong about the outcome of this meeting! :oops:

Absolutely awesome display from the Stars tonight...our skipper would have been proud :t:

Much improved showings from Niklas and Ashley..... a great comeback for Lewis and of course some amazing stuff from Robert gave Lynn a totally unexpected (by me anyway!)12 point lead after 7 heats! Poole immediately hit back with a TR but even that was pegged to 3-6 only. Unfortunately for Lynn though the Pirates never threw in the towel and battled back to gain a deserved away point, their 5-1 over NKI and Rob in heat 11 doing the most damage...:/

A Thoroughly enjoyable meeting however and very satisfying to get the 3 points after all the bad news this week :party:

well done all you Stars :cheers:

Edited by Star Fever

I thought speedway was supposed to be a summer sport? If that's the case why do KL keep having sun delays - sort it out For Gawd sake!

Perhaps I'm getting less patient in my old age but I wouldn't go to Kings Lynn again after my visit a few weeks ago as I can't be doing with all these delays. I don't know how the Stars fans put up with it.

Ditto everyone. The Stars were underdogs tonight but they showed true character to win against the Champions Elect (again). Sam Masters was a great guest for his mate and the Stars. Was chuffed for Ash and Nicklas to get amongst the points tonight, hope this is their turning point Rob was Rob tonight, he revelled in the heavier track conditions Lewis made a good comeback from injury Need to see Niels back to his oh so dominant self at Lynn, gotta be equipment?

Perhaps I'm getting less patient in my old age but I wouldn't go to Kings Lynn again after my visit a few weeks ago as I can't be doing with all these delays. I don't know how the Stars fans put up with it.

What's the alternative? It's not a huge issue really, time to read the prog, have a natter etc, no worries. Best Wishes from Ms Laid Back of Norfolk lol

• Like 3

Time to read the programme...King's Lynn have pretensions of being a big team with perhaps the poorest EL programme in the lead. Not as good as some NL tracks, sad to say.

King's Lynn really do need to up their game all round.

What's the alternative? It's not a huge issue really, time to read the prog, have a natter etc, no worries. Best Wishes from Ms Laid Back of Norfolk lol

Read a few of the pages on here that list the issues that put people off going to speedway. One of the ones almost always mentioned is unnecessary delay. People go to speedway meetings to watch speedway.

So it is a huge issue - in fact, its more than that.

Why not start the meeting at 8pm and do away with the interval ?

• Like 2