British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn V Poole 28/05/15

A tad harsh no?!? They will improve the more experience he has of riding different tracks.

In a few seasons, he'll be frightening.

The thing I like about him is you can tell he loves racing. Always tries to catch/pass the man in front.

Such youthful exuberance should be encouraged at every opportunity. He is the most exciting prospect in the EL.

IMO one of his greatest assets is patience. Unlike many youngsters he knows when to await his opportunity rather than rush in and end up on the deck or going backwards. He is a joy to watch..... ...well that's my view based on away performances anyway.

IMO one of his greatest assets is patience. Unlike many youngsters he knows when to await his opportunity rather than rush in and end up on the deck or going backwards. He is a joy to watch..... ...well that's my view based on away performances anyway.

I agree, I wasn't implying he was rash (like Garrity sometimes), merely he never gives up on 'lost' causes. His ride last night when he went from 3rd to 1st was textbook in this regard.

Maybe in time he'll get wise and know when not to try and chase down everything, but for the time being, I'm just going to enjoy watching him go for it all!

Ditto everyone. The Stars were underdogs tonight but they showed true character to win against the Champions Elect (again). Sam Masters was a great guest for his mate and the Stars. Was chuffed for Ash and Nicklas to get amongst the points tonight, hope this is their turning point Rob was Rob tonight, he revelled in the heavier track conditions Lewis made a good comeback from injury Need to see Niels back to his oh so dominant self at Lynn, gotta be equipment?

What's the alternative? It's not a huge issue really, time to read the prog, have a natter etc, no worries. Best Wishes from Ms Laid Back of Norfolk lol

Personally I was qyite happy to have an interval as theres usually a queue at the disabled wc :nono:

It didnt hurt the Pirates either unfortunately....gave them an opportunity to regroup :sad: (or perhaps they were all bursting for one too! :rofl:

YES!!!!! For whatever reason Kevin was on the mic last night please ask him to do it for the rest of the season, he was a hundred times better than Matt.Matt may be the man for the stocks but not speedway!!!!And one late night a week won't hurt you or the kids

I forgot to comment how good it was to see my old sparring partner from West Row on the mic . As professional as ever, good to see the retirement plans appear to have been shelved.

As per usual you haven't got a clue. Buster Chapman, as a promoter, does more to promote the sport than most. His continuous improvements to the Stadium puts everyone to shame, and you come out with comments like that.

Its unfortunate that surrounding areas have changed and building and trees have been demolished. The Sun, at this time of year is relatively low and causes an issue. To put up a huge hoarding as you suggest would be ridiculous, in both cost and height. To erect something in the Pit area to cut out the offending sun glare, the hoarding would need to be 200 ft tall. Imagine going to the planner with that......... To me it's not that big a problem and come July and August the Sun will be higher and shouldn't be a issue..... Also come the play-offs in Autumn, the Sun will have gone and we will start on time... :t:

Buster Chapman does more to promote the sport than most,. Cloud cuckoo land. When Jonathan was there, King's Lynn could claim that accolade. No longer.

"Sun at this time of the year is relatively low" - you say that when it is 3 weeks from when sun is at its height. Get a grip and stop defending the indefensible.

Looks like a pretty massive building has been built to the rear of bends 1/2 in the last ten years., Wasn't there in 1965.

You've obviously had some kind of run in with Buster as all of your posts on Lynn threads are negative, critical and very rarely balanced.

You've obviously had some kind of run in with Buster as all of your posts on Lynn threads are negative, critical and very rarely balanced.

No run in at all with Buster. Can't say we have ever spoken, as is the case with most fans with most promoter.s

I visit when I am working in East Anglia and try and come to KL but sadly the racing is not what it was.

You cannot run away from the facts. I just hope the Flux Arena becomes what the Norfolk Arena was - a damn good race track with thrill a minute stuff.

Admittedly, I missed this week - thought the meeting was Wednesday and failed to double check. Luckily I didn't arrive at Saddlebow Road on the wrong date.

I wish KL all the best this season and would love to see them win the league in their anniversary year BUT all is not well at the moment.

I will be happily join with you in pointing out when things get better. TBF, the prog is a little bit better than last year but in truth that is not saying much.

Buster Chapman does more to promote the sport than most,. Cloud cuckoo land. When Jonathan was there, King's Lynn could claim that accolade. No longer.

"Sun at this time of the year is relatively low" - you say that when it is 3 weeks from when sun is at its height. Get a grip and stop defending the indefensible.

Looks like a pretty massive building has been built to the rear of bends 1/2 in the last ten years., Wasn't there in 1965.

Why is it there are always people that want to criticise them who do the most. Although new on here, I don't know how long you have followed the sport. Some of your post indicates you can go back a few years, but your comments show of such little experience.

The first line is rubbish. I accept it was Jonathon's position before he left, but he was more responsible for promoting an event or a fixture, Buster on the other hand is promoting the sport itself. Creating a venue for fans such as you and me to go and enjoy. Without the Busters of this world, we would have no sport to promote.... I probably stand corrected, but at this point in time I believe the AFA is equal or better than any other in putting on this sport....

The 2nd Line; There is another month before the Sun will be at its highest (Fact), and will take much longer to set. The start time should not be affected then. When the Sun does set the rays will be less strong and shouldn't interfere with the meeting schedule. Since 1965 there have been many changes. From the boundary of the Stadium up to the River has been completely redeveloped. The Sugar factory has gone and all the trees that surrounded it. Like you say, they have built relatively small industrial units close by, but nothing to compare with that of the past.

So no I don't defend the indefensible. As someone, of experience years, I appreciate people who do get off their @rse to make things happen. Pity there weren't more people like Buster. The sport would have a far better footing if there was.

• Like 1

No run in at all with Buster. Can't say we have ever spoken, as is the case with most fans with most promoter.s

I visit when I am working in East Anglia and try and come to KL but sadly the racing is not what it was.

You cannot run away from the facts. I just hope the Flux Arena becomes what the Norfolk Arena was - a damn good race track with thrill a minute stuff.

Admittedly, I missed this week - thought the meeting was Wednesday and failed to double check. Luckily I didn't arrive at Saddlebow Road on the wrong date.

I wish KL all the best this season and would love to see them win the league in their anniversary year BUT all is not well at the moment.

I will be happily join with you in pointing out when things get better. TBF, the prog is a little bit better than last year but in truth that is not saying much.

I think you have a point.

I must admit I have never been a big fan of Kings Lynn - aside from the SWC meetings (which to be fair have been excellent) the best matches I have seen there have been NL ones - but it is does appear to have deteriorated in recent seasons. There was certainly no outside line at all on Thursday.

Speaking to someone who rode in this meeting last night, he gave the impression that Buster just doesn't give it the same attention he once did.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I sat this meeting out as I didn't expect it to be a very good meeting and a kind of one sided affair in Poole's favour, but I was proved wrong and got my decision to stay at home wrong. I don't have any regrets though.

To see the meeting start was delayed till 8pm due to the sun, delayed again after 4 heats had passed for the same reason THEN see there was the usual interval after heat 10 really made my blood boil. Yes, I know Rory's collection was taking place and it's great they're gathering money for him, but couldn't the collection have taken place in the run up to 8pm in the first sun delay period or even the second one a bit later and then done away with the interval at heat 10? This is what is peeing many people off (myself included). I am an impatient person anyway, I will openly admit that, but you know, there is only so much people can withstand.

Peterborough amazingly had a sun break last night (first one I've known of there!) after heat 5 BUT they did away with their interval later on and considered the early sun break their interval. There was another slight delay later on, but this was due to Richard Hall's crash.

But anyway, well done to the Stars for proving me wrong! Credit where it's due! A decent performance by Sam Masters too and good all round solid team performance. Hope the lads enjoy the 2 week break for the World Cup!

• Like 2

I sat this meeting out as I didn't expect it to be a very good meeting and a kind of one sided affair in Poole's favour, but I was proved wrong and got my decision to stay at home wrong. I don't have any regrets though.

To see the meeting start was delayed till 8pm due to the sun, delayed again after 4 heats had passed for the same reason THEN see there was the usual interval after heat 10 really made my blood boil. Yes, I know Rory's collection was taking place and it's great they're gathering money for him, but couldn't the collection have taken place in the run up to 8pm in the first sun delay period or even the second one a bit later and then done away with the interval at heat 10? This is what is peeing many people off (myself included). I am an impatient person anyway, I will openly admit that, but you know, there is only so much people can withstand.

Peterborough amazingly had a sun break last night (first one I've known of there!) after heat 5 BUT they did away with their interval later on and considered the early sun break their interval. There was another slight delay later on, but this was due to Richard Hall's crash.

But anyway, well done to the Stars for proving me wrong! Credit where it's due! A decent performance by Sam Masters too and good all round solid team performance. Hope the lads enjoy the 2 week break for the World Cup!

I think you should regret not going personally as it was a decent meeting with good racing in almost every heat, it was a bit annoying they had an interval but i think that was mainly for Rory's collection which i hope they got a substantial amount for him, we tend to forget sometimes what risks these guys take.

• Like 1

Buster on the other hand is promoting the sport itself. Creating a venue for fans such as you and me to go and enjoy. Without the Busters of this world, we would have no sport to promote.... I probably stand corrected, but at this point in time I believe the AFA is equal or better than any other in putting on this sport....

No argument with the stadium itself. Buster has transformed what was a run-down dump into an excellent venue.

I haven't been to every track in the country so cannot say whether it is the best - but I would say it is one of the best.

The track also used to provide incredible racing.

It is not so good and this year has been dire.

I was told by another fan that the material used for the track surface is good for cars and that's why it has gone down. I can understand that because stocks/bangers seem to draw bigger crowds than speedway anywhere.

Maybe we will have to live with it.

I think you should regret not going personally as it was a decent meeting with good racing in almost every heat, it was a bit annoying they had an interval but i think that was mainly for Rory's collection which i hope they got a substantial amount for him, we tend to forget sometimes what risks these guys take.

I made my decision and stuck with it. I can't live in regret! I'm just glad those that went saw something worth seeing for a change!

I made my decision and stuck with it. I can't live in regret! I'm just glad those that went saw something worth seeing for a change!

I hope your next visit is as good, i expect going to the showground made up for it can't remember going to a bad meeting there,terrific racetrack.