British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole V Kings Lynn - Wednesday 3rd June.

On a lighter note, (or should that be heavier :oops:), what did you think of the girl racer?

Could've been Ryan Fishers sister. :D

Well she has my full admiration for giving it a go, hope she gets some rides while she's over here, no pun intended. Good luck to her.

Well she has my full admiration for giving it a go, hope she gets some rides while she's over here, no pun intended. Good luck to her.

shes nee Buzz Burrows like!!
  • Like 1

Maybe that's why Darcy was there :-)

Shes starmans penpal from the international paper mache society.... Go on starry lad!! Dark horse :)

• Like 3

Maybe that's why Darcy was there :-)

Ummmmmmm Hayley Perrault was in Birmingham and Darcy was in Poole???????????? Do keep up...............

I had planned to go down but life got in the way..............good from what I saw on TV...........I would say one of the better matches that has been on recently with some good passing for a change..................

RP

We are top of the league, we are top of the league!

Yeah all right Shovlar, wind it in. We're trying to be nice to you guys, don't spoil it :lol::t:

• Like 1

Good performance from the Pirates - very solid throughout!! Great to see Davey Watt banging in some points.

The track was pretty good as it has been for the past month or so - and a good healthy-sized crowd..

Hope young Lambert is ok - apart from Kerr he was the only Stars rider that seemed interested.

Interesting attempt by the PirateCast lads (Meeting Sponsors) to get the Rider of the Night voted for by fans tweeting in. Deservedly awarded to Magic, just beating Davey, although Bjerre got quite a few votes too!!! :D

ps, Don't like watching from the glass restaurant/stand - I will be back in my usual main grandstand seat for the next 'grudge' match on 17th. :wink:

Ummmmmmm Hayley Perrault was in Birmingham and Darcy was in Poole????????????

Presumably due to some kind of court order?

• Like 2

They spent more time talking about Women's Sports Week than we actually saw of a woman... She's got the right attitude but she'll need to lose a few pounds first!

Aye, it's not very PC but those were my first thoughts as well !

• Like 1

They spent more time talking about Women's Sports Week than we actually saw of a woman... She's got the right attitude but she'll need to lose a few pounds first!

Meow ;)

• Like 1

Pretty decent meeting on sky, magic in a world of his own, 1 thing though rob lyon mentioned they have not many meetings in june and will expect changes to be done for july when there matches pick up, same time darcy ban is finished, coinsidence??

• Like 1

The guests make Kings Lynn stronger, could go either way. Already lost 2 home & drawn 1.

Will be very surprised if it's not a last heat decider

You obviously know very little about Speedway when you come out with a statement like that. Team Racing is about a unit, a group of riders who races together each week. There usually is camaraderie, jokes, team spirit, banter, so much more then one's ability on the track. To lose, one rider is not too hard, but to replace 3, is very difficult to maintain any form of team spirit all. When one of those missing is your King Pin, Your leader, Your mouthpiece, the person you look to for example then trying to replace him is near impossible. That's what the absence of Rory means. He probably score good points himself, but he encourages a lot more from his fellow riders. No one man can replace that. So your comment about Lynn being a stronger team with guests is utter RUBBISH.

I've always thought everything in our league, conspires to benefit Poole. This match was no different. It was always going to be a one sided affair. For it to have been any different, we needed a full team with everyone riding at the top of their game, Even then we probably wouldn't have won, but we wouldn't have been disgraced.. Middlo said when interviewed, how important it was to have a regular side every week pulling together as a formidable team.....agreed.

Riding as they did last night, Poole are very strong and showed that Lynn's strength has to be improved. ....I've been preaching for 3yrs now about the magic of Maciej, and each time I see him I marvel at the way he progresses. Some of his moves last night were top drawer..... Its frightening how good he could become. ..

He could become the rider, who stops Darcy from ever winning the World Championship.... Now, that's a thought....

• Like 1

Darcy was given the perfect opportunity there to say the right things, Nigel almost fed him the lines yet he said nothing in the way of an apology. Kelvin then went on to put words in Wards mouth making up that he was sorry for his actions.

Completely agree he showed not one hint of regret for potentially putting other riders at risk. Even when asked about this possibly beng last chance saloon he just brushes it off with arogance. His not learned a single thing from this other than hitting his bank balance.

• Like 2