British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

Everyone who backtracks always says it's a joke!

Even my goldfish knew it was a joke..lighten up gal :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I think you need to lighten up. Gemini is one of the most genuine posters on here and was making a joke.

I'm still not sure why he felt the need to bang a drum after every heat. Did look very strange.

As the father of a drummer and he isn't the one being mentioned, i can say i agree with the sentiments of Gemini!!, thankfully he now only sings in his band which is much less annoying!!

• Like 1

Yes, they are.......with one or two exceptions. My comment about the drum was obviously a joke so no real need to call Coventry fans aggressive. :neutral:

Saying you are going to stick a stick up someone is a bit aggressive. And from my previous visits to Brandon they can be aggressive.

After having a small sabbatical from the forum this is how i see this meeting.

The fact is the meeting should never have started. The track and weather were in bad shape before a wheel was turned with the promise it was only going to get worse. Lets be honest Sky forced the meeting to go ahead.

Once it had started it was quite clear by heat 7 it had to be called off. However yet again because we are on tv it carrys on. Coventry should have been protesting at that point.

By the end of heat 8 it 100% needed to be cancelled. It was quite clear that the official refused a track inspection when it needed to be done. He then agreed to a track inspection after heat 9 which he failed to do.

So who is to blame?

No way are Coventry to blame and i wholly agree with them making a stand for heat 10.

No way are Poole to blame. They got out there and rode and did what any other team would have done. I cant stand Ford, Middlo is a fool and a couple of their fans on here are not exactly clever , but they did nothing wrong here unlike the Belle Vue fiasco.

The blame lies with Sky and the officials. The match should possibly have been called off before the start, probably been called off after 8 and most definatly after heat 9.

• Like 2

Saying you are going to stick a stick up someone is a bit aggressive. And from my previous visits to Brandon they can be aggressive.

Probably because you always come across as irritating!

• Like 2

The fact is the meeting should never have started. The track and weather were in bad shape before a wheel was turned with the promise it was only going to get worse. Lets be honest Sky forced the meeting to go ahead.

Once it had started it was quite clear by heat 7 it had to be called off. However yet again because we are on tv it carrys on. Coventry should have been protesting at that point.

By the end of heat 8 it 100% needed to be cancelled. It was quite clear that the official refused a track inspection when it needed to be done. He then agreed to a track inspection after heat 9 which he failed to do.

So who is to blame?

No way are Coventry to blame and i wholly agree with them making a stand for heat 10.

No way are Poole to blame. They got out there and rode and did what any other team would have done. I cant stand Ford, Middlo is a fool and a couple of their fans on here are not exactly clever , but they did nothing wrong here unlike the Belle Vue fiasco.

The blame lies with Sky and the officials. The match should possibly have been called off before the start, probably been called off after 8 and most definatly after heat 9.

Glad to have you back Gavan 👍🏻

So who is to blame?

Agree with that but they were never going to call it off after heat 9 when you only need 10 to get a result.

Probably because you always come across as irritating!

😅😅 Glad I made an impression! 😁👍

So who is to blame?

Spot on, except that when you say "Sky" you should really say "Sky/GSI"

Spot on, except that when you say "Sky" you should really say "Sky/GSI"

Doesn't matter which way you look at it. If Sky wasn't present the likelyhood being the meeting would have been called off midday.. But thats something you cannot control, the weather..

It would have been good for any 'hearing' to have been resolved before tonight's return meeting at Poole?!!

Glad I made an impression!

It's always better to make a good impression rather than a bad impression! I am afraid that you miss out on that score.

• Like 1

So who is to blame?

Edited by tsc1

Everyone who backtracks always says it's a joke!

No backtracking from me. I wrote it so I know it was a jokey comment ~ I blame my warped sense of humour and Matt Ford.

• Like 3