British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Nl Fours At Coventry 14th June 2015

Not bad though for 24 heats surely? Don't know about the riders being paid peanuts but if they are there must be a lot of them who'd rather ride speedway than get a 'proper' job for more money.

Better make sure I bring my sunglasses. :)

I think a lot of NL lads do have proper jobs that fund their racing with points money merely topping up the coffers.

'19.6.2 Teams must include 4 of their top 5 (by MA) Riders. No Reserve riders.'

So it can't be Wood. I assume Mason will be in over Bates.

Does this also mean no Zach Wajtknecht or will the new averages be out by meeting day?

I think Coventry & Eastbourne from group A, Cradley & Kent from group B,

Then possibly the closest final in years & the result decided on an iffy decision......

True to form eh Sings for Kings writing off Birmingham again---keep it up every time you do we do well :t:

I think Birmingham will be to strong for us Eagles. Can't see why signs has written you off already.... After their performance tonight Kent wont make it through

I think a lot of NL lads do have proper jobs that fund their racing with points money merely topping up the coffers.

Does this also mean no Zach Wajtknecht or will the new averages be out by meeting day?

I think Coventry & Eastbourne from group A, Cradley & Kent from group B,

Then possibly the closest final in years & the result decided on an iffy decision......

New averages come out Wednesday. Edited by Islander15

LINE-UPS have been declared for the National League Fours at Coventry on Sunday June 14 (3pm).

Eight of the ten NL clubs will be represented in the event with Cradley defending the title.

The group stages are raced over eight heats apiece, and the top two teams in each group progress to the Final, once again over eight heats.

GROUP A

COVENTRY: Rob Shuttleworth, Dan Greenwood, Luke Crang, Darryl Ritchings.

EASTBOURNE: David Mason, Richard Andrews, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Marc Owen.

KING’S LYNN: Scott Campos, James Cockle, Shane Hazelden, Tom Stokes.

BIRMINGHAM: Sam Chapman, Zach Wajtknecht, Adam Ellis, Tom Perry.

GROUP B

RYE HOUSE: Kyle Hughes, Sam Woods, Luke Priest, Luke Chessell.

MILDENHALL: Jack Kingston, Dan Halsey, Connor Mountain, Connor Coles.

CRADLEY: Arron Mogridge, Matt Williamson, Ellis Perks, Nathan Greaves.

KENT: Danny Ayres, Aaron Baseby, Ben Morley, James Shanes.

The RAF Cosford Air Show featuring the last ever aerial display by a flying Vulcan Bomber, WW2 veteran aircraft such as the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, a Mustang, a Kittyhawk, a Messerschmidt, not to mention modern planes such as a Mig29, a WW2 liveried Typhoon, an RAF Chinook, an F18 and an F16, together with an assortment of other planes, both flying and static, not to mention the Red Arrows and entry to the RAF Museum...

OR

The Download Festival at Castle Donnington, featuring Muse, Slipknot, Kiss, Judas Priest and oodles of other bands...

OR

The NL Fours...on that Coventry track.

Midlanders who want to be prized away from their televisions and BBQ's have lots of attractive options open to them this Sunday, don't they?

True to form eh Sings for Kings writing off Birmingham again---keep it up every time you do we do well :t:

I know and did think twice before commenting ;) My opinion is based on the team with the best 4 progressing / winning and I cant see Chapman being race fit / sharp on his immediate return.............could be worse though, you could be starting with Kirby :rofl:

• Like 1

Regarding the "no reserves" rule, I think it just means you don't need to declare a reserve.

Cannot see the Eagles getting anywhere near Birmingham or Coventry on their own track. Our strength lies in depth and this competition is for top loaded sides. They will get points of the 4th best's and BWD will be a spoiler but that is all. As I see it only two rides each, A long way to go for 2 rides, no surprise Stoke and Buxton not entered. For the neutrals should be a good final between Brum and Cov with home advantage deciding it.

Cannot see the Eagles getting anywhere near Birmingham or Coventry on their own track. Our strength lies in depth and this competition is for top loaded sides. They will get points of the 4th best's and BWD will be a spoiler but that is all. As I see it only two rides each, A long way to go for 2 rides, no surprise Stoke and Buxton not entered. For the neutrals should be a good final between Brum and Cov with home advantage deciding it.

I can see why the rule is there to stop weakened sides turning up who don't really want to be there or riders pulling out because of a guest booking in the p.l. somewhere but Eastbourne does seem to have come off worse because of the top five ruling surely top five scorers would do the same.

They entered but didn't qualify! But then qualification method wasn't announced until the time they were told they weren't making it.

With Branford in for Rye we had an outside chance, but without him not a hope in hell of even qualifying.

Top two teams from groups A AND B qualify for the final..Semi,s 8 heats ,,final 8 heats..Riders only 2 rides each in the semi,s,,not much good if you do not qualify some will be out of pocket .Stupid format anyway in my opinion...The teams that are not in it i presume were considered the weakest probably on total averages ? but im only guessing ??

Edited by waco