British Speedway Forum

What an unpleasant thing for the Millennium/BSI to do with people paying top dollar for a seat.

After spending the best part of £100 you would think that they could give people the OPTION of going in a little earlier and making use of it.

Having to get in a queue ahead of the 4pm opening and then have just 55mins to get settled.

When most folk have been in the City from either much much earlier in the day, or even the previous night.

Just seems a bit 'low rent' and bad for PR, at the least.

• Like 4

What an unpleasant thing for the Millennium/BSI to do with people paying top dollar for a seat.

After spending the best part of £100 you would think that they could give people the OPTION of going in a little earlier and making use of it.

Having to get in a queue ahead of the 4pm opening and then have just 55mins to get settled.

When most folk have been in the City from either much much earlier in the day, or even the previous night.

Just seems a bit 'low rent' and bad for PR, at the least.

It will take the people on the gates longer than I hour to check out all bags for drink and food.

I have recieved the following email from see tickets:

Please find event information below on this weekend's Adrian Flux British FIM Speedway Grand Prix at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff.

Friday 3rd July

Practice will be open to all ticket holders. Gates open at 14:30 for a 15:00 start.

Saturday 4th July

FANZONE ON WOOD STREET, ADMISSION FREE

11:15: The Magoos live music on the main stage

11:45-12:15: Photo opportunities with the World Championship Trophies and

Monster Girls at the autograph podium

12:15: Mitas Speed Challenge Special on the main stage

12:45: Eurosport Team Q & A and autograph session around the main stage and

autograph podium

13:15: Monster Energy 'Rig Riot' featuring their riders and giveaways at the

Monster Energy rig

14:00: The Magoos perform live

15:00: SGP Autograph Session with Tai Woffinden, Greg Hancock, Niels-Kristian

Iversen & Craig Cook

15:30: The Magoos perform live

16:00: FANZONE CLOSES

The Fan Zone will also include: Capital Radio Team, Vintage Bikes, your chance

to get merchandise and programmes and much more on the day!

*Line up and timings subject to change.

Please note the gates to the Millennium Stadium will open at 16:00 this year,

make sure you're in your seats for the opening ceremony at 16:55 with the first

Heat commencing at 17:15.

No mention of the robot, upset my kids if he isn't there.

Has everyone recieved their tickets who ordered through the 'see tickets' website?

Still waiting on mine, only ordered them last week right enough.

Seems to take them a couple of weeks its obviously a very time consuming job for a highly trained individual to put a couple of tickets in an envolope

I had to order mine direct from the stadium (wheelchair area), they arrived less than 24 hrs later (ordered in the afternoon, arrived following morning)

Edited by crazysue

"We are writing regarding your order for 2015 BRITISH FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX

at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff on Saturday 4th July.

Your ticket(s) have recently been printed and are currently in the process of

being despatched. You will be notified via email once your order has been

sent out."

Recieved this earlier today

I'm not going myself but a 4 o'clock gate opening seems to be pushing it. Can anyone see a speedway farce on the cards. Surely not

Not going myself due to an argument with a few rather over excited poles a few years ago,put me right off,but to all those who do go,have a bloody good night and hopefully cheer a British winner

I guess there might be a few less poles with Hampel out and KK not going well and the Warsaw fiasco. With Woffinden strong favourite there will probably be more British support though.

I'm not going myself but a 4 o'clock gate opening seems to be pushing it. Can anyone see a speedway farce on the cards. Surely not

All backside about face if you ask me. They get in early and lay the track in good time for a change and get it tested, then plenty of time to pull it back and let it settle again, but then they want the crowd to pile in with an hour to spare before kick off. Sometimes i really do wonder what they are on.

• Like 2

Oh dear..... only been the last two years and again on Saturday, so I am listening to the comments on here about the 4:00 pm gates open time. Not too comfortable with what you all saying, last two years it was a comfortable experience getting in, looks like this year could well be the opposite.

I am also thinking about the bus from the out of city parking ie Cardiff City football ground and others. If everyone aiming to get to the stadium during a smaller time period then that could well be chaos as well.

I certainly hope you are all incorrect...... we'll see.

BSI are the promoters of this GP so I am calling on them to make a statement about why this ludicrous 55 minutes before the parade the turnstiles are being opened situation has been put in place for 2015.

• Like 1

Its going to be hot on Saturday, my weather app shows 23 degree (5 degree cooler then Friday).

If long queues in that heat, tempers could go haywire, then no food or DRINK (water) to be allowed in the stadium, so the queues for the buffet bars will be long (and they were bad enough last year), the wife has a need to drink little often so we could be in a pickle,

If things turn bad this could be the last trip to Cardiff which is a shame cause we like the place.

We are not going this year, hubby , daughter & husband going London for AC/DC concert. I have drawn the short straw, (babysitting)

but i will be watching on tele..

Really hope its a good GP.

Hope all fans have a good time.

Come on TAI...................

Did many people go in before 4 o clock anyway? Football grounds with sell out grounds usually only open 1 and a half hours before kickoff, the GP will have around 45,000 in at 75,000 seater stadium. It has the turnstiles and staff to cope I'm sure. Having said that I do think a 3.30 opening would be fair enough.

Edited by woz01