British Speedway Forum
SCB

Robert Lambert - What A Talent

Just seen that he is not riding in the U21 GB team in Germany either. Don't think the lad is at all arrogant, he comes over very level headed when he is interviewed. But he needs someone now, to take over his life and to move away from his parents. From what I can see they are doing him more harm than good.

Has he stated then that he is not riding over here anymore, or is it just at Peterborough. Kings Lynne gave him a huge step up by putting him in the main team, hope he sits back and thinks what a big chance they gave him.

To lose him to British Speedway would be a huge blow.

I forgot JG was one so I'll hold my hands up to that. But Royno instead of Lambert.. I won't even comment..

I forgot JG was one so I'll hold my hands up to that. But Royno instead of Lambert.. I won't even comment..

👍🏻

The question is, does British speedway need Robert Lambert more the Robert Lambert needs British speedway ?

Personally I don't think so

Well I think British Speedway does need Robert Lambert.

Robert Lambert is a 'Star' in the making - we don't have so many of them that we can throw away such a talent in such a cavalier manner.

British Speedway is on it's knees - if we are to have any hope of climbing back to our feet we will need Riders like Robert Lambert.

The question is surely - does Robert Lambert need British Speedway?

We shall see.

• Like 3

British speedway doesnt need Robert Lambert but British Speedway definitely needs the likes of Robert Lambert. No one rider should be held so high that British Speedway needs that person. Apart from anything else it puts too much pressure on that person, Robert Lambert in this case.

But British Speedway desperately needs the likes of Robert Lambert. When you look at the young Poles, young Danes and young Swedes, GB is lagging behind. Particularly in Poland, the youngsters are queuing up to be under 21 World Champion or a wild card for a GP. That sort of quality is not here in GB to the same extent, no where near.

What is needed is a "school" to take the GB youngsters that show qualities that can be developed and give them experience at home AND in other countries with similar youngsters. GB is sadly lacking in this critical area of international development.

Wildcards were Garrity and Roynon

Garrity definitely improved the line up. Joint top scorer with Tai on the night and straight through to the final. Deserved his place and provided good nights racing

Roynon & Worrall were never going to light up the line up tbf

. WHAT'S worrall got to do with it ?

. WHAT'S worrall got to do with it ?

Steve Worrall didn't qualify but was brought in as a replacement for Josh Auty

Robert Lambert is a talent, but just needs guided in the right direction, an experienced head, somebody like Peter Adams, who has helped Tai Woffinden a lot. Of course, it takes the rider to buy into the idea, but Tai had his detractors when he was younger as well. Look how he has turned it around.

The question is surely - does Robert Lambert need British Speedway?

There isn’t much to suggest he does.

If he makes the GPs UK companies will sponsor him because he will be able to promise X amount of hours per year TV coverage.

He is also good enough that he will find a team place on the continent

I dunno about British Speedway needing Robert but as a British Speedway fan I want to see him race here please He is a huge draw card so of course British Speedway needs him .......

I dunno about British Speedway needing Robert but as a British Speedway fan I want to see him race here please He is a huge draw card so of course British Speedway needs him .......

Yes, but not on his terms. It opens the gate for others to also dictate. Robert is NOT bigger than UK Speedway.

• Like 3

Robert is not bigger than British Speedway, but he probably the biggest single thing in it ;)

Only if he gets his mother out if the pits and gets himself some proper management.

Hold on, How do you think Robert got where he is now, I would say with his parents right behind him in the pits.

Why should someone come in at this point in his young life

His family will have put a great deal of time effort and no doubt plenty of money into helping Robert from a very young

Age so why should they step back now.? They deserve to be there and no doubt Robert wants them there too.

• Like 1

Hold on, How do you think Robert got where he is now, I would say with his parents right behind him in the pits.

Why should someone come in at this point in his young life

His family will have put a great deal of time effort and no doubt plenty of money into helping Robert from a very young

Age so why should they step back now.? They deserve to be there and no doubt Robert wants them there too.

cant disagree with this

but family dont always make the best advisors