British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stratton

The Future Do All These Five Have Longterm Gp Futures Ahead Of Them.?

The future is looking bright on the GP scene, my five for the future not original i know but what do other people think.?1.Pawlicki Jnr, 2.Pawlicki snr 3. lambert, 4. B.Kurtz 5.Smarzlik. Two long shots Fricke and Pawel Przedpelski. Any thoughts.? would you put money on any of them.?

I don't think there are any young riders. When the old guys like Greg, AJ and Nicki retire the sport will be pointless.

An equivalent list drawn up nine years ago might have looked like:

Karol Zabik

Pawel Hlib

Nikolai Klindt

Lewis Bridger

Morten Risager

as well as

Freddie Lindgren

Chris Holder

Emil Sayfutdinov

Thomas H Jonasson

Troy Batchelor

only with hindsight can we say which was the best list!

• Like 1

An equivalent list drawn up nine years ago might have looked like:

Karol Zabik

Pawel Hlib

Nikolai Klindt

Lewis Bridger

Morten Risager

as well as

Freddie Lindgren

Chris Holder

Emil Sayfutdinov

Thomas H Jonasson

Troy Batchelor

only with hindsight can we say which was the best list!

Chris Kerr always used to get on them lists. God only knows why!

edit > http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=26826&page=1

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=38051&page=1

Nobody suggested Greg Hancock would still be around in 2012 or 13 :o

Edited by SCB

Still to see Zach race, will catch him somewhere before the season is out

Brady Kurtz is the standout in that list IMO closely followed by Robert Lambert.

Seems a lot of young Poles get too much pressure placed on them too soon and not all can take the mental strain.

BK being Australian will no doubt be fairly laidback and can gate,chase down and pass and is exceptionally fast and smooth for his age.

Look at the Expectation put on young Lamberts shoulders just by users of this forum.

Many great white hopes of British speedway have suffered this expectation before you can read about them in the where are they now archive.

Look at Cookie just based on this forum he's the biggest thing since powdered milk one day and the devil himself the next.

• Like 1

He'll be at your place on 8th July. You can have a second bite of the cherry 3 weeks later when Kings Lynn Young Stars visit Tom Perry Barr.

The future is looking bright on the GP scene, my five for the future not original i know but what do other people think.?1.Pawlicki Jnr, 2.Pawlicki snr 3. lambert, 4. B.Kurtz 5.Smarzlik. Two long shots Fricke and Pawel Przedpelski. Any thoughts.? would you put money on any of them.?

Let's throw 5 other names into the ring - Magic Janowski, Szymon Wozniak, Patryk Dudek, MJJ (I hope his fan club isn't looking), Oliver Berntzon, Aleksandr Łoktajew,??? I'm not saying that these will be the top 5 prospects, as I agree that Bartosz Zmarzlik, the Pawlicki Bros and Pawel Przedpelski (how come you can spell Pawel Przedpelski so well but failed so miserably with Bartosz Zmarzlik??? lol ) will all be in the mix as well...time will tell. It's a funny old game Saint!

He'll be at your place on 8th July. You can have a second bite of the cherry 3 weeks later when Kings Lynn Young Stars visit Tom Perry Barr.

Let's throw 5 other names into the ring - Magic Janowski, Szymon Wozniak, Patryk Dudek, MJJ (I hope his fan club isn't looking), Oliver Berntzon, Aleksandr Łoktajew,??? I'm not saying that these will be the top 5 prospects, as I agree that Bartosz Zmarzlik, the Pawlicki Bros and Pawel Przedpelski (how come you can spell Pawel Przedpelski so well but failed so miserably with Bartosz Zmarzlik??? lol ) will all be in the mix as well...time will tell. It's a funny old game Saint!

That's 6 name thrown into the ring!!!! :P

Janowski and MMJ are already in the series...........

Janowski, Kurtz, Zmarzlik and both Pawlicki brothers (if they can stay away from injury) along with Vaclav Milik have great futures............can also see Fricke and Lambert in the mix.............

I think Janowski will be World Champion before any of the others though............

RP

Come down to Eastbourne on Sunday for the KO Cup match against Birmingham. Make a weekend of it. Lovely in Sussex, even the water is warming up off the coast.

Great speedway to top it all.

Having watched speedway for many years any of the names are possible. Only time will tell whether they get, firstly, a pretty much injury-free run and, secondly, whether they get carried away by their own publicity. Injuries can sap the confidence of even the best of potential riders and once over-confidence creeps in, riders have a tendency to stop learning from those around. As has been said, it is only with that most of exact of sciences, hindsight, will we know!

You'd have to say all 5 of the riders named should have a good chance of being GP regulars...certainly Kurtz, Lambert, Pawlicki jr and Zmarzlik.....Not 100% sure about Pawlicki sr but he's still got a decent shout

You'd have to say all 5 of the riders named should have a good chance of being GP regulars...certainly Kurtz, Lambert, Pawlicki jr and Zmarzlik.....Not 100% sure about Pawlicki sr but he's still got a decent shout

Bruiser Pawlicki snr puzzles me he has a great riding style real class but at times does not show it.Early in the season i watched him in the Poland v Denmark match at Ostrow he was flying. I just hope he qualifies for the series soon i actually rate him higher than Zmarzlik

Would put my life on Kurtz!