British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Wolves 17.6.15

So why open the turnstiles?

Because Speedway fans (well the ever dwindling ones that are left), still fall for it?!!! ;):o:D

• Like 2

So why open the turnstiles?

Good question, should have been called off at 6.30 at latest as referee would have been there from 6.00

• Like 1

What a joke! Did the track get worse between 6pm and 7.45? The roads outside the excuse for a stadium were totally dry!

I can't believe this match was ever "on".......it never stopped raining all day so I am amazed it got as far as actually opening the gates for fans.....they must have known much earlier the track was wet and unrideable and there's hardly been any sun or drying wind to help out..

It's no wonder crowds are dwindling...even if there was a slight doubt with the weather why would you even bother risking it..

No co-ordination at all. They were still letting people in to the Car Park after the meeting had been called off. As I objected to paying £2.50 for one minutes parking, I complained. The Showsec employee went to speak to someone from the "GRA Management" and I was told that I could obtain free parking on Monday if I retained my parking ticket and bring it with me, which I will do.

Some people were asking me what to do with their admission ticket and hopefully I provided the correct advice.

Really feel sorry for the Wolves fans. Rain-offs sadly are part and parcel of the sport, but this one could and should have been called earlier.

One more nail in th ecoffin, I'm afraid to say

I can't believe this match was ever "on".......it never stopped raining all day so I am amazed it got as far as actually opening the gates for fans.....they must have known much earlier the track was wet and unrideable and there's hardly been any sun or drying wind to help out..

It's no wonder crowds are dwindling...even if there was a slight doubt with the weather why would you even bother risking it..

Are the aces allowed to call off the meeting, or can it only be done by the referee? Seem to recall there were some restrictions imposed after watergate?
  • Like 1

Are the aces allowed to call off the meeting, or can it only be done by the referee? Seem to recall there were some restrictions imposed after watergate?

wasnt it that the scb have to have someone there at 1pm on race day to ascertain whether the meeting could take place??

must have been caught up in watching the greyhounds if that was the case... ;)

no rain after the turnstiles were opened so I can only presume that 'the atmospheric conditions prevailing above' were in some way responsible for the 'undoubted' severe deterioration of the track in the ensuing minutes after the fans were allowed in.?!!! :o:D

no rain after the turnstiles were opened so I can only presume that 'the atmospheric conditions prevailing above' were in some way responsible for the 'undoubted' severe deterioration of the track in the ensuing minutes after the fans were allowed in.?!!! :o:D

Whereas normally that only kicks in immediately after heat 10...
  • Like 1

Well 180 miles 20 quid in petrol and £2.50 for 1 minute on the carpark, as ABS said they were still taking money off people, as i got out my car a security guard said it was off, then it turns out Wolves supporters can't get free parking next time as it is only valid for next week.

I appreciate rain offs happen but this could have been called off 2 hours earlier according to BV fans i spoke to it had rained constantly all day, what was i thinking putting my faith in BBC weather.

Well 180 miles 20 quid in petrol and £2.50 for 1 minute on the carpark, as ABS said they were still taking money off people, as i got out my car a security guard said it was off, then it turns out Wolves supporters can't get free parking next time as it is only valid for next week.

I appreciate rain offs happen but this could have been called off 2 hours earlier according to BV fans i spoke to it had rained constantly all day, what was i thinking putting my faith in BBC weather.

Had there been rain then during the day as very mixed messages from different people.

Some saying it was raining all day whilst others say it had been dry and was dry at the stadium.

Had there been rain then during the day as very mixed messages from different people.

Some saying it was raining all day whilst others say it had been dry and was dry at the stadium.

Raining pretty much all day till 4pm..

(spent my day 1.5 miles away from the track)..

The rain was (at worst) 'light rain' for a time, and was more 'constant drizzle' for the vast majority of the day...

As someone on the BV fans website said, the rain should deliver 'natural watering' and therefore a good race track, and if it stops at 4pm (as it did|) will still allow 4 hrs to ensure fit for racing if any issues exist....

One of the main BV sponsors even tweeted that the match was 'definitely on' around 4.30 pm and he was "at trackside"...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Raining pretty much all day till 4pm..

(spent my day 1.5 miles away from the track)..

The rain was (at worst) 'light rain' for a time, and was more 'constant drizzle' for the vast majority of the day...

As someone on the BV fans website said, the rain should deliver 'natural watering' and therefore a good race track, and if it stops at 4pm (as it did|) will still allow 4 hrs to ensure fit for racing if any issues exist....

One of the main BV sponsors even tweeted that the match was 'definitely on' around 4.30 pm and he was "at trackside"...

Thanks Mikebv. 👍🏻

It was definitely raining all day ..not really torrential but steady drizzle most of the day but with no stoppage...I think it stopped after I picked my lad up from school and that was about 4.30 ....it definitely never rained ever again after that time so if somebody tweeted from trackside around then that the match was definitely on then the track wouldn't have had any more rainfall after that tweet....so I would assume that the ref disagreed with the track being ok after he got there and called it off...