British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

There is far too much emotion from riders and fans alike. Pedersen is a hard rider who has a habit of crossing the line between hard and unfair but Greg went over the top.

• Like 1

Childish statement from Hancock. It started well enough but soon descended.

He did this, he did that. blah blah. He was scared of me I could tell..

Sounds like a 5 year old.

I'm amazed how many riders seem to have found their voices over this incident yet not one single one of the spineless ***** said a word when a rider was caught trying to ride drunk. Apart from one of course...

• Like 9

Its was about time that Pederson got a bit of "medicine" from someone for his dirty riding HOWEVER, IF speedway is wanting to be seen by the public as anything other than an embarrassing and unprofessional joke, then Hancock (even more so as he should be setting an example as World Champion) needs to get at the very minimum, a 3 month ban for physical violence.

why would anyone fear Hancock? And why is he dropping Holders name into it?... Wants to grow up imo.... True colours and all that!! Smarmy little git :)

• Like 2

I'm amazed how many riders seem to have found their voices over this incident yet not one single one of the spineless ***** said a word when a rider was caught trying to ride drunk. Apart from one of course...

Who exactly was that?

I notice someone has set up a fundraiser to pay Hancocks fine. Hancock doesn't need someone to pay his fines for him as he isn't exactly poor.

It's all well and good calling for bans on riders etc.. but where do you draw the line?

Not everyone agrees that move from Nicki was all that bad. Hard yes, but there was a gap there, Hancock had made a mistake and drifted wide. There was a slight bit of contact, nothing more.

Yet folk are up in arms and want a ban.

Ban someone for that, you won't have many riders left come season end.

Knock on effects are racers will be worried about trying to overtake, racing will become ever more dull and boring and you'll all be moaning about how great the sport was back in the day when we had 'characters' and riders that were hard and overtaking took place.

Another knock on effect is, you already get riders taking dives in an attempt to get reruns and riders excluded.. it would be even worse with them trying to get someone banned.

A ban for Hancock for what he did. That is clear cut. They can't allow that.

The Pedersen incident is a different thing altogether and as someone said before opens a can of worms.

Can they ban Pedersen and if so he can put forward a defence that he is not the only culprit.

They can hardly turn a blind eye to the likes of Sundstrom who committed a greater offence last Thursday fencing the Russian and ending Jarek Hampels year.

Picking on Nicki even if he is a cowardly rider is not an option.

Same rules must apply to everyone.

As The Return said it's not the WHO but the WHAT.

Best of luck officials with that one :)

I'm am not a fan of Pedersen ,but it is very unprofessional for Greg to carp on about him and his riding tactics.He is a 3 times world Champion and still at the top in the sport.He has a ruthless streak the many riders don't like but I have seen a lot riders just as bad as Niki.Anyone watching the SWC final would have seen some VERY RUTHLESS riding.We might have to introduce a yellow and red card system if Ref 's have to exclude riders for dangerous riding to often.

Ps

I have seen a lot worse than Niki's move last night on a regular basis,I reckon 60-70% of riders "close the door"on other riders on the straight.

Most riders know what opponents to "look out for" and ride accordingly

• Like 2

Statement from Nicki Pedersen: My dad's bigger than your dad.

Statement from Greg Hancock: Well my big brother is bigger than your big brother.

Statement from Darcy Ward: Where's the off-licence?

All the best

Rob

I get the niggling feeling that YOU are not taking this at all seriously?

:)

It's not a big game. You only have to look at the crash that killed Lee Richardson to see how easy a life is taken by this sport. It is not an exaggeration. it.

Stop wriggling. Your your phrase about Greg going off to meet Lee Richardson was in the poorest possible taste and crass in the extreme. The fact that you not only don't realise it but try to move the goal posts as if that's not what you said, really tells us all we need to know about you, irrespective of anyone's views on the Greg/Nicki incident.

• Like 3

There is far too much emotion from riders and fans alike. Pedersen is a hard rider who has a habit of crossing the line between hard and unfair but Greg went over the top.

He certainly did - over the top of Nicki's handlebars. :shock: :shock: :D

I notice someone has set up a fundraiser to pay Hancocks fine. Hancock doesn't need someone to pay his fines for him as he isn't exactly poor.

He said that in his apology and directed anyone who wished to pay anything to an American Charity.

Fair enough in my book.

I won't be donating though. :nono:

I'm am not a fan of Pedersen ,but it is very unprofessional for Greg to carp on about him and his riding tactics.He is a 3 times world Champion and still at the top in the sport.He has a ruthless streak the many riders don't like but I have seen a lot riders just as bad as Niki.Anyone watching the SWC final would have seen some VERY RUTHLESS riding.We might have to introduce a yellow and red card system if Ref 's have to exclude riders for dangerous riding to often.

Ps

I have seen a lot worse than Niki's move last night on a regular basis,I reckon 60-70% of riders "close the door"on other riders on the straight.

Most riders know what opponents to "look out for" and ride accordingly

These riders know each other well, they see what goes on and meet up all over the world, you don't know what has gone on in private in the past or why Pedersen was gesticulating when he saw Hancock on the floor, it seems among riders that he has few if any friends. Other incidents involving other riders, have no bearing on this.

• Like 2

Like him or loathe him but speedway will be a duller place when Pedersen hangs up his kevlars.

• Like 5

Statement from Nicki Pedersen: My dad's bigger than your dad.

Statement from Greg Hancock: Well my big brother is bigger than your big brother.

Statement from Darcy Ward: Where's the off-licence?

All the best

Rob

you forgot to mention his uncle, who's in the Army,,,

What a shambles of a statement "SELF DEFENSE"! "no apology to Pederson"! From what was a massive over reaction from Hancock.

Be realistic everybody.

Correct to exclude Pederson, but realy just a normal move that happens every week in Speedway (sometimes they fall, sometimes they stay on, sometimes the rider against the wall rolls the throttle off and cuts inside) Be realistic, if you want people to race this will happen!

I agree Greg does get an easier ride from his "mates" bless him (His mind games on them have done that) Good luck to him

I agree Nicki does get an easier ride from his "enemies" bless them! a little fear maybe (His mind games on them have done that) Good luck to him.

Fights etc in any sport a fine and a ban (maybe just a week or two) 2nd offence bigger fine and longer ban!

People get away with some naughty stuff in Speedway (Holders brother / team starting on Pederson on the track etc, in my opinion they started that and Holder was responsible as its his crew!)

All entertaining tho and mainly handbags

Have respect for both riders in different ways and it makes life interesting!

Greg has all his mates messaging & tweeting silly things which looks soooooooooo bad! almost comical and doing him no favours at all!

Edited by Mixy230
  • Like 2