British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Plymouth Premier League Sunday 21st June 2015

3 man Plymouth team got a well deserved draw at Berwick last night so can see it being a close meeting tonight at Brough if the rest of them turn up

Richie was guesting for Berwick (Ben Barker)

Bugger! of course he was.

Yes, the latest example of Plymouth's disrespect for the paying public of Tyneside: will the BSPA coffers be swelled by a fine? 15-9 and 4 heats, incidentally.

6 man team for plymouth tonight ?

Roland Benko misses tonight's meeting due to a family bereavement.

Yes, the latest example of Plymouth's disrespect for the paying public of Tyneside: will the BSPA coffers be swelled by a fine? 15-9 and 4 heats, incidentally.

Maybe you should have a look to see why Plymouth have a rider missing before you decide to start typing on your keyboard.

• Like 3

foot in mouth comment best get the facts first

Mr. Blobby, sorry I can't get my phone to quote, but to reply to your post, the point isn't why Benko is not here (everyone will have nothing but sympathy for him and his family)but the Plymouth promotion's failure to replace him. I wouldn't have commented if it were not for the history of Plymouth no-shows (i don't remember Ben Barker ever turning up).

Lewy, why would the position have been different if, God forbid, Benko had been injured? My point is that turning up without a full team is poor. Possibly an unworthy thought, but I wonder if more effort might have been put in if this meeting had been at Plymouth.

Mr. Blobby, sorry I can't get my phone to quote, but to reply to your post, the point isn't why Benko is not here (everyone will have nothing but sympathy for him and his family)but the Plymouth promotion's failure to replace him. I wouldn't have commented if it were not for the history of Plymouth no-shows (i don't remember Ben Barker ever turning up).

Lewy, why would the position have been different if, God forbid, Benko had been injured? My point is that turning up without a full team is poor. Possibly an unworthy thought, but I wonder if more effort might have been put in if this meeting had been at Plymouth.

Best stop digging in that hole, we can hardly see the top of your hollow head .... :rolleyes:

I dont see the issue with the post questioning why Plymouth wailed to get a guest. It's shocking, unprofessional and not fair on fans or team members to NOT have a rider in to replace Benko. Are there really no 3 pointers within reasonable travelling distance of Newcastle?

I dont see the issue with the post questioning why Plymouth wailed to get a guest. It's shocking, unprofessional and not fair on fans or team members to NOT have a rider in to replace Benko. Are there really no 3 pointers within reasonable travelling distance of Newcastle?

Every effort was made to get a guest unfortunately no one woud ride. You are not party to all the facts so it would be reasonble not to make assumptions in this instance
  • Like 1

Every effort was made to get a guest unfortunately no one woud ride. You are not party to all the facts so it would be reasonble not to make assumptions in this instance

Its a sad reflection on the state of speedway. Not long ago teams would be able to borrow a local junior and have up to eight to choose from who had turned up for an after meeting ride and would be desperate for their chance

Edited by toontrader
  • Like 1

The trouble is if the rider is not up to speed he will have to take 3 rides.Do not know why simota did not have 7 rides as was only heat 2 plymouth had to go with 1 rider only not the other 2 heats as well.

• Like 1

The trouble is if the rider is not up to speed he will have to take 3 rides.Do not know why simota did not have 7 rides as was only heat 2 plymouth had to go with 1 rider only not the other 2 heats as well.

The blank has to have 3 rides.