British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Lakeside 25th June 19.45

Wow we really enjoyed the meeting. The score doesn't relate to how good the racing was.

Yes !!! There was racing and coming from the back which Lambert and Milik did so for those who say Lynn is not a passing track anymore all I can say is you should have been there.

Milik was great, very entertaining. A great addition to the team. Dubious exclusion for Robert, he was sandwiched between the two Lakeside riders !!

We thought there was a good crowd, didn't seem down to us. The team put on a show for Rory and it was great to seem walking 4 weeks after his op.

Another great track prepared by the one and only Buster and a welcome return to Kevin on the Mike.

Proof was in the pudding last night that the racing lines are still there. It also proved that maybe some rider in the team don't want it enough (Kenneth Bjerre).

Another Milik / Lambert type rider would make us title contenders imo

Also disappointing Bjerre didn't feel the need to ride round on a parade at the end.

Next week is the real challenge and will give a better idea as to where we're at going forward.

• Like 1

Brilliant result for King's Lynn and good to see them firing again.

Lakeside have lost all 8 of their away fixtures so very poor away from home. Next week will give King's Lynn an idea of how much improvement there has been in the team.

Lakeside need changes and fast. I can see why they are hoping for Ward to join now.

Thats why most Poole fans wanted him back instead of Watt or North!!!!

Me included! Milik going to Kings Lynn is going to make the play offs a lot tougher. Give me Milik and Pawlicki over Watt and North anytime, i still stand by that even if North has had a good season so far and Watt's form is improving.

Edited by foreverblue

Lets not get carried away, One swallow doesnt make a summer, but have to admit its a bloody good start.

• Like 1

Me included!

He was bloody exciting to watch.Heart in mouths a couple of times with his braveness and balls of steel.Stood down the home straight when he went by AJ I just didn't think there was any room.I half turned my head expecting a big crash.Great debut and hopefully will carry on this never say die attitude which he will I am sure.

Everybody played their part yesterday with Morris and Lambert being our lowest scorers on paid 8 says it all really.Although Lambert would have scored more had AJ got excluded instead of him.Plain as day in my book AJ give Lambert a shove into Kennett and Lambert ex.

The two that was under pressure for their places Bjerre and Porsing scored well last night,but it was against the poor travelling Lakeside was it enough to keep their places?

A sterner test next week but we must keep winning if we are to get into the top 4.

He was bloody exciting to watch.Heart in mouths a couple of times with his braveness and balls of steel.Stood down the home straight when he went by AJ I just didn't think there was any room.I half turned my head expecting a big crash.Great debut and hopefully will carry on this never say die attitude which he will I am sure.

Everybody played their part yesterday with Morris and Lambert being our lowest scorers on paid 8 says it all really.Although Lambert would have scored more had AJ got excluded instead of him.Plain as day in my book AJ give Lambert a shove into Kennett and Lambert ex.

The two that was under pressure for their places Bjerre and Porsing scored well last night,but it was against the poor travelling Lakeside was it enough to keep their places?

A sterner test next week but we must keep winning if we are to get into the top 4.

Exactly why i would have chosen him over Watt, really enjoyed watching him when he rode for Poole and so exciting to watch, he will never be accused for lack of effort. Poole are there next week, help!!

Edited by foreverblue

Lets not get carried away, One swallow doesnt make a summer, but have to admit its a bloody good start.

I don't think anyone is getting carried away, last night to me was what speedway should be every week. It wasn't about winning, or the big scores. It was about the application, the effort and the passion shown in all the races. Yeah !! I agree they all go hand in hand. I appreciate, and at the end of the day there can only be one winner, but every team can show passion and determination even in defeat and that's all I ever ask for.

I am in no doubt, if the meetings dished up that excitement every time, this sport wouldn't be on its knees and the fans would come flocking back........

• Like 2

GRW, I meant it was a great debut from the new lad Milik, but Lets just wait and see if he can produce that level of performance week in week out.

• Like 1

What a difference a few days makes.

The KL team were in a different class for this one.

A reshuffle in riding order, riders moved in pit bays, all resulted in a fantastic performance. Great to see Rory back where he belongs, had to look twice at one point, as I saw him sitting in his chair in the pits chatting to his mechanic. Has he loaned his mechanic to Porsing for the remainder of the season, lets hope so!!! What ever he did to porsings bikes worked, for the first time this season Nick was on the pace and fast. Great team effort boys.

!

Kevin was good on the mike again, thank you and definitely preferred the presentation/parade before and after the meeting. Just gotta encourage the punters to shut up talking and give the riders (home and away) due respect during the presentations!

Have to agree with this.Often cannot hear any of the presentations or interviews. In addition do we have to put up with such loud music,it is almost impossible to talk to the person standing next to you!

Anyone know if Kevin is now a permanent fixture on the centre gray?

I hope so!

All whats needed now is the speaker system to be upgraded so you can actually hear what's being said..........

I didn't complain about the speakers whilst the other chap was on the mic which says everything.

Kevin and Edwin are now the 'dream team' when it comes to presenting at the AFA.

• Like 1

Thought it was right that Lambert was excluded. Was going for a gap, which closed & just got caught in a sandwich. Unlucky, but right decision IMO.

Milik was excellent, tough old school 100% Czech fighter, Stars fans are going to get plenty of entertainment for the rest of the season

Thought it was right that Lambert was excluded. Was going for a gap, which closed & just got caught in a sandwich. Unlucky, but right decision IMO.

Milik was excellent, tough old school 100% Czech fighter, Stars fans are going to get plenty of entertainment for the rest of the season

I agree it was the right call, but felt Lambert was a tad unlucky. Because of the rules, the Ref had to exclude someone, and was left with little option. When 3 riders are racing side by side, something was bound to happen. Coming into the third corner, AJ on the inside, forces Lambert wider than he would have choose, who was left with little room to manoeuvre inside Kennett. The clash was inevitable . You couldn't exclude AJ for moving Robert off line, and Kennett did nothing wrong, so yes Lambert was unlucky but had to go.

• Like 1