British Speedway Forum
Sandie

Sharron 'shazzybird' Hubbard - Rip

Such a sad loss, the forum has its good points and it's bad points. It's occasions like this where you log on and see a post that I am sure was a shock to many of us and is a reminder of how we take things for granted. Yeah, I see people I know by name and face on here and I might not say hi but you kind of feel like you know them,we are all part of the speedway family and such a shame we lost a huge part of it today.

Thoughts are with her family and friends, a post I'm sure Sandie never expected she would have to make, so thoughts also with you Sandie.

• Like 1

This is truly shocking news , another one taken far to early , thoughts and prayers go to all her friends and family. R.I.P.

Sharron 'shazzybird' Hubbard - RIP

Edited by Guest

Never ever met her but used to chat on MSN .. Especially around the time she appeared in Sky's Cardiff Grand Prix advert... R.I.P Shazzy x

An abiding memory of Shazzybird was how proud she always was of her 'Uncle Ted'. RIP.

• Like 2

Rip Shazzy, we had some fun times.

• Like 1

I remember her posting on here lots. Like a few others here, I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I'm sending condolences to her family and friends. Rest in peace "Shazzy".

One of the forums best and most well known characters, she was at times too open and others used that as an opportunity to get at her. First met her and Sandie in the Walkabout in Cardiff she was exactly what I expected, and I was not disappointed. Niece of Ted Hubbard, the ex rider, she was well informed in Speedway and in fact one of her twin boys rides in the British Youth Championships.

RIP Shazzybird.

Edited by Tsunami

I never met shazzybird but I felt from a couple of Posts we traded a long while ago now that she was a really nice person. I only sensed that from her Posts. I never knew that she was ill and am so very saddened by this News.

My thoughts and prayers are with her Family and Friends tonight.

A beautiful original Post Sandie - Thank you for that.

R.I.P. + 'Shazzybird'.

RIP Shazz, such sad news, and taken so young, but I'll always remember how chuffed you were when you were in the SKY ad for the GP.

My thoughts are with your family and friends Shazzy

• Like 1

Such sad news -- we exchanged comments on the forum not long after I joined about the book concerning Kenny Carter which I had just read. We didn't agree but had a mutual respect for each other's opinions. I was pleased to meet her a couple of times at grasstrack meetings albeit briefly. R.I.P. x

RIP Shazzy, you will be missed

xx