British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Rosco Still Be Team Gb Manager

Howarth showing why he got dumped tonight

A World Cup Winner & GP rider only scored 3 more than him,so don't knock an English kid low on confidence if you can't see a top world class rider who only scored 4 pts in the same meeting.

Needs to be a new rule that at least 3 British riders in every team,also 6 & 7 in the premier league should be British.

A World Cup Winner & GP rider only scored 3 more than him,so don't knock an English kid low on confidence if you can't see a top world class rider who only scored 4 pts in the same meeting.

Needs to be a new rule that at least 3 British riders in every team,also 6 & 7 in the premier league should be British.

It shows Howarth is out of form so any team would drop him, Jonsson is on the downward slope, he is not the rider he was and unlikely to be a GP rider for much longer.

Who the hell started this thread, what a pile of Rubbish.Yes, Rosco SHOULD still be Team GB manager, Rosco is making a decision based on what he thinks is best for his club and team. Clearly some have plenty of time on their hands..

Well said!!!

Rosco is a lorry driver, Swindon team manager & Great Britain team manager.

How the bloke fits in time to have more kids I'll never know but fair play

Tbf Julie has the kids but i get ya drift?! :wink:

• Like 3

It shows Howarth is out of form so any team would drop him, Jonsson is on the downward slope, he is not the rider he was and unlikely to be a GP rider for much longer.

Accor,ding to today's Speedwáy Star Jonsson is fifth in the averages based on this years EL meetings, and is in fact one place above Chris Holder. AJ is only half a point behind Jason Doyle who is second in the SS averages, Magic is the only stand out rider in the top six or seven the rest are all pretty close to each other. Considering AJ has been carrying a pretty bad knee injury for the first few months of the season it a bit premature to write him off.He is currently tenth in the GP standings despite the knee injury.

Vituallly all the number one riders except Magic have had some pretty dire meetings this year. Didn't a Holder drop to a second string role a while back ? All riders fluctuate. Age is not on his side but 34 is not old by today's standards.

I would have dropped Howarth before Zengota if I was the manager it was a no brainer IMO .

I think Scott nicholls or Martin dugard would do a good job, both passionate Brits who have a huge amount of knowledge that if allowed could really put the Brits back on the world stage in the next 5 to 8 years.

I hope rosco does the right thing and resigns now.

Scott Nicholls a passionate Brit?

Now I've heard everything!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Team GB hasn't had much of a future for quite a few years now...and things don't look like improving in the next few years either.

Woofy is our only current rider good enough to compete, Bomber has been declining on the international stage for a couple of years and Robert Lambert is our only future prospect.

There are a few developing nicely on the youth stage and lower tiers.

Zach Wajtknecht could be the next one on the big stage in a year or two. Something very special about him.

• Like 2

After reading the SS this week maybe rosco would prefer being the Australian team manager

After reading the forum this week maybe you would prefer Speedway Friends.

• Like 1

After reading the SS this week maybe rosco would prefer being the Australian team manager

If you read the forum you would know that this has already been said.

He's already had a stint as Australia U21 Team Manager.