British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Rye House V Glasgow 18/7/15

Tonight sees a weakened tigers team visit the launch pad. They will be facing a nearly full strength rockets side, looking to bounce back from the Berwick defeat last Sunday. I predict a home win with plenty of dust, please prove me wrong uncle Len!

• Like 1

Tonight sees a weakened tigers team visit the launch pad. They will be facing a nearly full strength rockets side, looking to bounce back from the Berwick defeat last Sunday. I predict a home win with plenty of dust, please prove me wrong uncle Len!

No doubt Rockets will win but I don't think that Glasgow are seriously weakened. Jack Holder will score as many as David Howe would have and if Adam Roynon does ride (I read he was ill last night) he will score more than Berge. The main problem is losing Nick Morris but r/r may do ok. So not really weakened, even a full Glasgow 1-7 would have struggled - we're not used to sun and dust ;)

Instant Twitter updates on @ryehouseupdates for those who can't make it, or a couple of minutes after the heats on Speedway Updates

Currently bright with sunny intervals. No rain expected

No doubt Rockets will win but I don't think that Glasgow are seriously weakened. Jack Holder will score as many as David Howe would have and if Adam Roynon does ride (I read he was ill last night) he will score more than Berge. The main problem is losing Nick Morris but r/r may do ok. So not really weakened, even a full Glasgow 1-7 would have struggled - we're not used to sun and dust ;)

He will ride pulled a sickie last night.

Score after heat 14 ---37-47 Roynon only managed 3 rides still not feeling to good

Another 4 PL points bagged and a superb night for Victor again on a small track, pity he couldn't ride like that at home.

Its high time Stewart Dickson started being harder on Sarjeant and telling him in no uncertain terms to give up anticipating the start. He could have cost us tonight and never seems to learn. I was dismayed reading in a recent programme that Sarjeant thinks he is being picked on by certain referees. Nothing like deflecting attention from the real issue that he is not as good a rider as he thinks, if he has to continually go before everyone else! A short term strategy that is doing him, his team and its fans no favours.

#monthetigers

• Like 1

Score after heat 14 ---37-47 Roynon only managed 3 rides still not feeling to good

can not believe the team at present - how are we ever going to do anything at all this season now with 2 reserves who can't get points at home - why did we not just sign a replacement for Boxall ? - how can we possibly go on the Northern tour next week with this team (both reserves will have 5 rides each) - seems to me someone has lost the plot completely - what ever do the new owners think?

• Like 1

Another shocker at the runway. Track a pile of crap again. Riders complaining about it in the bar after the meeting. Shame, good crowd turned up to see that

Why is rye such a one man band shads, surely the old duffer could employ a track curator and someone who can drive the water cart. How much longer can a man of lens great age keep on doing everything.

A highly enjoyable night, although the 4 points helped enormously.

I explained to my son that I couldn't remember the last time I witnessed the Tigers win away - and it was his first ever Tigers meeting !

I liked the atmosphere at the place, where the crowd applauded every heat winner regardless, and I hope when the development is over they get a stadium worthy of their enthusiasm.

The only time I've ever seen Rye House was watching "King Cinder" 30 odd years ago, and I assume it's the same place?

As for their team, there does seem to be a lot of inconsistency. Would it be right to say that with a such a small, tight little track, you need to get out of the gate?

Kennet was excellent tonight, providing most of the thrills, but Aspegren, Mellgren and Jakobsen seemed unable to make much headway if they didn't gate. And the two reserves had their moments, but again unable to put together two in a row.

Highlight of the night, apart from the victory - the announcers numerous unsuccessful attempts at pronouncing Palovaara's name. Even sticking at the same name twice would have been a small victory.

• Like 2

Well you could say he proved you wrong but not in the way you hoped!

A highly enjoyable night, although the 4 points helped enormously.

I explained to my son that I couldn't remember the last time I witnessed the Tigers win away - and it was his first ever Tigers meeting !

I liked the atmosphere at the place, where the crowd applauded every heat winner regardless, and I hope when the development is over they get a stadium worthy of their enthusiasm.

The only time I've ever seen Rye House was watching "King Cinder" 30 odd years ago, and I assume it's the same place?

As for their team, there does seem to be a lot of inconsistency. Would it be right to say that with a such a small, tight little track, you need to get out of the gate?

Kennet was excellent tonight, providing most of the thrills, but Aspegren, Mellgren and Jakobsen seemed unable to make much headway if they didn't gate. And the two reserves had their moments, but again unable to put together two in a row.

Highlight of the night, apart from the victory - the announcers numerous unsuccessful attempts at pronouncing Palovaara's name. Even sticking at the same name twice would have been a small victory.

You are spot on with King Cinder, well remembered!!

The win wasn't a surprise, but to be honest you didn't have much opposition. The Rockets team at the start of the year would've won comfortably.

Pleased to say that's not the usual announcer, Craig Saul must be on holiday

Why is rye such a one man band shads, surely the old duffer could employ a track curator and someone who can drive the water cart. How much longer can a man of lens great age keep on doing everything.

Because he's stubborn and thinks he knows best and he prepared the Wembley track for a couple of World Finals 40 years ago, so we shouldn't question his judgment.

The track had been worked on for most of the week by others, but along comes Len Silver on Saturday and messes it up.

I'm not sure what he's trying to achieve. Surely you should ask your riders how they want it set up? I can assure you that it's not like that!!

Unfortunately the new owners don't have the necessary promoters licence, so we're stuck with him. I'm led to believe Rob Godfrey may be looking for another track to promote next year. Now that man knows how to prepare a race track and if things don't go to plan he can entertain us with one of his famous sit ins.

Gotta feel sorry for Rye House owner Warren Scott. Been royally sold down the river. Ok, we've had some injuries and bad luck. Kasper is a great loss and by the time he returns the season is over. It's all but over now, with only the formality of the second leg of the KOC at Berwick next week for our annual beating.

With over six points to use following Steve Boxalls injury we signed someone on a 5 point average who couldn't cut the mustard last time he rode in the UK and looks like he never will. Worse than that, it means that Robin moves from reserve where he was piling up the points and now we have a rusty and clearly out of sorts Luke Bowen paired with him. Genius!!

I'm puzzled as to that exclusion of Adam Roynon in heat 2. He clearly impeded the Rockets duo when he locked up, but I've seen that at almost every National League meeting with no action taken

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Shadders, does Andrew not need to promoters licence to run the Raiders?

I'm not sure. He may be team manager under the joint promotion of Len & Warren.

I've been told it takes two years to obtain a licence

Edited by Shads