British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

Mildenhall Stadium-bad News

Mildenhall Stadium could be forced to close after the Supreme Court awarded costs against them of £500,000 due to complaints about noise.

WHAT!!!!!! How on earth can this happen, when you get all that noise from the motorcross or whatever is going on at the back of the car park?

If the stadium is owned by a limited company and the legal fees are against the company and the company doesn't have the capital or assets to pay the fees, the company will go into liquidation. The stadium owners could perhaps start a new company, without the debt. Depends, I suppose, who owns the stadium, if the company does, then that is an asset which would be used. Maybe Mr Coventry has a 'master plan'?

Even so,it seems the stadium can only be used for 12 events a year!Surely rules out speedway in the future,unless you can combine a speedway/greyhound day.And even then what about the stock car days...........n the other hand it seems the ore they fight the deeper they dig a hole for themselves as it appears they could have ended all the trouble by buying the house off the pair.Not right though......

If the stadium is owned by a limited company and the legal fees are against the company and the company doesn't have the capital or assets to pay the fees, the company will go into liquidation. The stadium owners could perhaps start a new company, without the debt.

If they haven't got £500,000 to pay the legal fees and go into receivership, how are they going to find milions to put into a new company to buy the stadium back off the receiver?

If they haven't got £500,000 to pay the legal fees and go into receivership, how are they going to find milions to put into a new company to buy the stadium back off the receiver?

That's why I said, depends if the Ltd company owns it. If the stadium is owned by, say, Mr Coventry's wife, then you can see what I mean! I don't know, maybe Mr Coventry's company leases the stadium? he could be a shroud businessman! Then again, he might not!

Ironic that the american air base Mildenhall has jets flying in 24 hours a day with noise that is a 100 times louder that a speedway bike .the US base is about half a mile from the speedway track

• Like 4

Just read the article.

It is disgusting that two disgruntled idiots who did not think to go near a house they were buying during a match can do this.

Disgusting that a stadium can have this happen to them when they have been there for years

Disgusting that two people can ruin something for so many others.

Something should be done about this, someone somewhere should see sense before yet another speedway track goes.

I get so frustrated about stuff like this. My home town, Hastings, used to have a speedway track before 1 yes 1 person complained about noise.

AGGHHHHH!!!

• Like 5

Just read the article.

It is disgusting that two disgruntled idiots who did not think to go near a house they were buying during a match can do this.

Disgusting that a stadium can have this happen to them when they have been there for years

Disgusting that two people can ruin something for so many others.

Something should be done about this, someone somewhere should see sense before yet another speedway track goes.

I get so frustrated about stuff like this. My home town, Hastings, used to have a speedway track before 1 yes 1 person complained about noise.

AGGHHHHH!!!

Yes and no. Lets assume you buy a house next door to a speedway and stock car stadium. Each weekend you hear the speedway and stock cars but you knew that was coming. Now one day, at 2am in the morning you hear them making noise. You ignore it once. What if that 2am noise becomes a regular thing? What if the noise is more than stock cars and speedway once a week?

People have to expect the stadium to make noise but NOT excessive noise at inconsiderate times. I bet the planes only take off between the hours of 8 and 8ish.

Mildenhall USAF base is used under the visiting forces act . This was an agreement set up by the govenment during WW2. Re confirmed in 1952 It more or less lets them do as they please.

Edited by fredbogge

Yes and no. Lets assume you buy a house next door to a speedway and stock car stadium. Each weekend you hear the speedway and stock cars but you knew that was coming. Now one day, at 2am in the morning you hear them making noise. You ignore it once. What if that 2am noise becomes a regular thing? What if the noise is more than stock cars and speedway once a week?

People have to expect the stadium to make noise but NOT excessive noise at inconsiderate times. I bet the planes only take off between the hours of 8 and 8ish.

I am not sure what you are getting at. Maybe I have missed some of the story. Are they making noise at the track at 2am? If so then that needs to stop. No doubt. If they are not then my thoughts in my post still stand!

I am not sure what you are getting at. Maybe I have missed some of the story. Are they making noise at the track at 2am? If so then that needs to stop. No doubt. If they are not then my thoughts in my post still stand!

I think SCB is right, there is more to this saga. I know it was said that after stocks and banger evening meetings, they were clearing up the track, which went on until 2 am, which even for the most accommodating of neighbours, maybe hard to put up with?

There have been suggestions in the past that there was excessive noise in the middle of the night and noise for noise sake when there were no events taking place just to piss this couple off.

For the record, I think anyone complaining about the noise from the speedway and stocks cars during events at a speedway/stock car stadium is a pillock and should be ignored. But I can see, if the stories are true, why some people may get upset and ask for a little more respect. If the people being asked to show some respect then do the opposite, I can see why someone may take legal action.

Edited by SCB