British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Coventry

Well if the Bees want to claim top spot they need to win this one.

• Like 1

Hans scored around 17 at Lakeside last year ( one win a t/R ride). Anything near that from him and Bees will win easily. He only scored 3 in the A fixture this season though.

Why wouldnt Watt give full effort on a track he was a number one, Nillsson is very good at home but Watt is better in my view and riding well at the moment.

Oh right, that's good to know.

Despite Davey Watt getting 5 points for us from four rides, against Belle Vue the other week.

Well if the Bees want to claim top spot they need to win this one.

Game On you have it spot on. If bees want to win the league then they will have to win this meeting. I think bees have the stronger team tonight but can't right lakeside off with Davey watt and rynon guessing. Hope the weather is good for this meeting and we se some good racing. Really has started to be hit the first corner first and you win. Wanna see some good racing with the cameras there. Think James sarj needs to put in a good performance tonight. Not been on it since his injury. He started the season so good and the back end of last season. I think he is a rider the bees need to put in a performance to pick up a win.

My prediction a win 41-49 for the bees.

Up the bees

Oh right, that's good to know.

Despite Davey Watt getting 5 points for us from four rides, against Belle Vue the other week.

He did blow an engine and had a fall in Poland yesterday whilst scoring 8 points.

Lakeside on Again, why is it certain teams get on sky more often than others ?

What are you on about? It only the second Sky broadcast from Lakeside this year!

What are you on about? It only the second Sky broadcast from Lakeside this year!

Coventry also I think.

Do what?

Nilsson gives 100% effort, and will in all possibility, be Lakeside's rider of the year.

Watty.........well, it depends what bloke turns up; and whether he likes the track after his opening ride.

I wonder about the World some people live in! Kim has a 9ish point home average. Davey hasn't been that good at Lakeside for a few years now. What I will say is it's not a massive drop but based on the stats alone, I'd pick Kim around Lakeside over Watt these days, just. Then theres Ash Birks who again with bonus points is averaging the best part of 9 at home, I'd pick him over Roynon pretty much every time.

Lakesides team is NOT the strongest they have had this year. It's probably not their weakest either tbf but I'm not getting all this super strong Lakeside talk!

As I said above, I'm going for a close meeting. In part because Lakesides meetings general have been close at home this year. They have a solid top 5 but seem to pick up to many lasts at reserve. But that could all go wrong with Ellis/Roynon or Hans/Harris turn up.

Edited by SCB

He did blow an engine and had a fall in Poland yesterday whilst scoring 8 points.

Yeah, but that was in Division IV of the Plotz Shipyards Relegation League ;)

Seriously I like Davey a lot and Lakeside is his favourite place to be, apart from Poole, but while he has been about the only Lakeside guest, apart from Hans this year to put 100% effort into the job I have noticed for sometime that he has started to fade towards the later stages of the meeting at Lakeside. I think Kim would score more but Davey is about the best guest on the average available so cant complain as long as he doesn't have one of his famous howlers.

An almost unpredictable result because none of the major players in the 1-5's except Danny King have shown much consistency of late. There are probably 4 or 5 riders that could either go ,well into double figures or score less than 6. Garraty is the trump card as he has been all season for Cov and will continue to be right though to the play-offs.

12.15pm RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

The sun's broken through and there's patches of blue sky above here in Erith just across the Thames from the track and NO hint of rain.

A reminder that online ticket sales end at 1pm.

Next update circa 2.30pm then I am off to the track to man the phone and answer all the "is it on?" calls

For those who have/are purchasing tickets online, go to the club's official website at: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/ for further info including admission procedure etc.

Am keeping up-to-date via BBC Travel with any poss problems on M25 around the Dartford Crossing. Will mention any in next and future Raceday Weather Checks.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

Watty.........well, it depends what bloke turns up; and whether he likes the track after his opening ride.

Hope it's not wet. :lol: Well, actually I do hope it's wet as I support Coventry.

• Like 1

Wife just spoke with Lakeside Looking good for tonight. HOPE IT STAYS DRY

Do you mean that there is someone at the stadium answering phone calls before Bryn turns up ? :D

Well I never!!

• Like 1

Do you mean that there is someone at the stadium answering phone calls before Bryn turns up ? :D

Well I never!!

Incoming calls are diverted from the Lakeside speedway office at times it's not manned to another number (not mine!) DJ thanks to modern technology! :t: I would hazard a guess that most clubs who do not own their stadiums make similar arrangements rather than use carrier pigeons! :D

Edited by Bryn