British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe Team Changes

Rob dropped a hint that the injuries to Josh and Ben might precipitate team changes. That is not just replacing Ben but maybe also bringing in a new face instead of running guest/rider rep for Josh.

I think it would be fair to bring back Ellis Perks for Ben. Ellis looks in great form for National League Cradley and was unlucky to lose his reserve place at Scunny earlier in the season.

Personally I am happy for Tommy the Gun to come in where he can for Josh. But if we decided on permanent fix till the end of season for Josh; I am scratching my head a bit.

Any thoughts ?

Has Josh said the season is definitely over for him? if so how unlucky is that i wondered if he qualified would he try to get back for the PLRC just a thought.?

Has Josh said the season is definitely over for him? if so how unlucky is that i wondered if he qualified would he try to get back for the PLRC just a thought.?

From Scunthorpe Telegraph: 'Earlier this week, Auty said: If it is broken it is probably season over for me.'

Rob dropped a hint that the injuries to Josh and Ben might precipitate team changes. That is not just replacing Ben but maybe also bringing in a new face instead of running guest/rider rep for Josh.

I think it would be fair to bring back Ellis Perks for Ben. Ellis looks in great form for National League Cradley and was unlucky to lose his reserve place at Scunny earlier in the season.

Personally I am happy for Tommy the Gun to come in where he can for Josh. But if we decided on permanent fix till the end of season for Josh; I am scratching my head a bit.

Any thoughts ?

Nicoli klindt possibly ?

Bradley Wilson dean and klindt would be my choice or An unknown swede or Dane with the view to running next year we are only racing for pride now so nothing to lose

Also got to add even though the results have not been great the racing has been top notch fine line between winning and losing on britans fairest and most exciting track

Bradley Wilson dean and klindt would be my choice or An unknown swede or Dane with the view to running next year we are only racing for pride now so nothing to lose

Also got to add even though the results have not been great the racing has been top notch fine line between winning and losing on britans fairest and most exciting track

An unknown Swede or Dane might be a good idea if they have time to get an average.

Edited by eric i

Would bringing in an unknown be a good idea? Generally you'd say "use them next year on a new better average" but if Scunny bring in a struggler, crowds will drop and there will be no "next year"

Would bringing in an unknown be a good idea? Generally you'd say "use them next year on a new better average" but if Scunny bring in a struggler, crowds will drop and there will be no "next year"

would using guests instead be any better?? at least it would be a regular rider fans can at least get behind.

Looking at new green sheets we have a team total of 40.82 and Josh is now 8.00 and Ben 4.82 so lookslike upto 14.5 for 2 riders.

Rob could always go out on a bang and use a 3pt rider and someone upto 11.5!! not that there is any of them but would allow virtually anyone to be signed!!

Or in reality BWD on a 5pt would still leave 9.5 so again anyone really but as suggested possibly a raw foreign recruit with a possible eye on next season if we go ahead but again not that there are many of those out there

Seems like you have been doing the same maths as me Alex love the idea of getting some one for next year not bothered about gaining an average it's the track time in the UK that's invaluable can't wait for Sunday's next year 6.30 few beers good racing and a winning side.

What if I threw a couple of names in ? German World Cup youngster Marcel Helfer ? or Nikes compatriot Finn .. Timo Lahti ?